Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
My wife asked if I'd like the Otis Elite kit for Christmas. I'm used to the old fashioned rod and brush. But, that one kit would clean every thing I have but my Bow. Who all likes it? Other suggestions? Thanks, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
My wife asked if I'd like the Otis Elite kit for Christmas. I'm used to the old fashioned rod and brush. But, that one kit would clean every thing I have but my Bow. Who all likes it? Other suggestions? Thanks, Joe.

I've used one for years. It's the ONLY way I clean ALL of my guns.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one and use it on everything except shotguns. It works great on handguns also. Get one and you will never be sorry. Using this eliminates possibility of damaging the muzzle.
It's easy to pack and use on the range for a quick clean between shots.

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
School me on this, please. I assume they are a pull-through system, no? I have always avoided such things, thinking that excessive muzzle wear is a risk whenever a muzzle guide isn't used. Does this kit allow one to employ a guide?

I'm not likely to switch over, since all my long guns can be cleaned from the breech (all Savages here are takedowns). Just interested in knowing what the hoopla is about.

I bought a basic Otis kit- the one that first came out in a shoe polish-type can- 25 years ago for emergency field use. It has ridden in my backpack all that time, never having been used. I haven't even opened it for about 20 years now. At least I think it's still in my pack.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
School me on this, please. I assume they are a pull-through system, no? I have always avoided such things, thinking that excessive muzzle wear is a risk whenever a muzzle guide isn't used. Does this kit allow one to employ a guide?

I'm not likely to switch over, since all my long guns can be cleaned from the breech (all Savages here are takedowns). Just interested in knowing what the hoopla is about.

I bought a basic Otis kit- the one that first came out in a shoe polish-type can- 25 years ago for emergency field use. It has ridden in my backpack all that time, never having been used. I haven't even opened it for about 20 years now. At least I think it's still in my pack.

Might wanna go through your pack every couple decades, just to replace the matches or something. Maybe get rid of the old Snickers bars and so on. grin

LOL
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ha ha. I did find an old Hershey bar from last year. It was like finding a five dollar bill in the pocket of an old pair of pants. Emergency barn burners live in a vintage Marbles match safe, probably 20 years old, too. I guess I ought to try one to see if they still work. Heck, some of the lint and woods dust in the bottom of the pack is older than a lot of the hunters I meet out there.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

592 members (10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,796
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.