Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am building another Mauser, this one will have a fancy maple stock, my first maple stocked rifle.

I went to the gun store today to pick up my new Ruger single six in 327 Federal, I am excited about this one, but the postal service 3 day priority is apparently taking 4+ days?
Maybe it will be in tomorrow?

I have a Mauser action/Maple stock (with Rosewood forend tip and grip cap) 220 Swift that may become a 220 Weatherby Rocket this year. I will look forward to seeing what your rifle looks like all done up. What caliber? One of my (too many) projects for this upcoming year is to do some serious load development for that 220. It has a brand new ER Shaw 1 in 9 twist barrel and I have never played with an ER Shaw tube. It will be fun to see what it is capable of.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Shortly before the Barack reelection, things were looking really grim in a lot of ways, but particularly for the future of gun ownership. I reassessed my "collection" by asking myself, if ALL my guns were gone as of this instant, and I had to start over again, knowing what I now know, what would I buy? (Taking into consideration, of course, that I don't have an unlimited budget) And if I wouldn't buy it under that scenario, why do I own it now?

After a lot of thought, I put my revamping program on the fast track. I've since tweaked it slightly, like buying a Beeman R9 .22 pellet rifle due to the rimfire shortage since I can easily accumulate a lifetime supply of ammo on the cheap.

As a result, this coming year I don't plan to buy any more guns, but since I've finally been able to accumulate some rimfire ammunition, I plan to shoot my rimfires a lot more, maybe make a few tweaks on a couple existing guns, get a couple holsters, and now that I finally have a dedicated scope for each long gun, develop a load for each gun and have them all sighted in.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don't 'need' any more guns, and don't really have the urge to buy something new.
I may well break down and pick up one of those 5 shot L frame .44 Mag S&W revolvers though.
If I ran across a Remington Model 7, Stainless, laminated stock in .260 Rem, or .243 Win, I might cave in.
Nothing at all in the tactikool area though. I have a number of AR, AK rifle, M1Carbines, M1A rifles.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bhemry
Shortly before the Barack reelection, things were looking really grim in a lot of ways, but particularly for the future of gun ownership. I reassessed my "collection" by asking myself, if ALL my guns were gone as of this instant, and I had to start over again, knowing what I now know, what would I buy? (Taking into consideration, of course, that I don't have an unlimited budget) And if I wouldn't buy it under that scenario, why do I own it now?

After a lot of thought, I put my revamping program on the fast track. I've since tweaked it slightly, like buying a Beeman R9 .22 pellet rifle due to the rimfire shortage since I can easily accumulate a lifetime supply of ammo on the cheap.

As a result, this coming year I don't plan to buy any more guns, but since I've finally been able to accumulate some rimfire ammunition, I plan to shoot my rimfires a lot more, maybe make a few tweaks on a couple existing guns, get a couple holsters, and now that I finally have a dedicated scope for each long gun, develop a load for each gun and have them all sighted in.

I like the Beeman idea, and I have been thinking along similar lines. I have not re vamped my assemblage to any great degree, yet, but the hope to do so is there. I think you are making good decisions. Best to stay ahead of the curve in such matters.

When money becomes less tight, I plan to aquire a few guns in the very to stock common calibers and try stockpile some ammo for each. Still will hunt with my superfast wildcats for as long as I can, but having a good quality and unpapered guns in 30/06, 308, 223, 45ACP, 9mm, 22LR and 357, with a goodly amount of ammo for each, makes a WHOLE bunch of sense.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am building another Mauser, this one will have a fancy maple stock, my first maple stocked rifle.

I went to the gun store today to pick up my new Ruger single six in 327 Federal, I am excited about this one, but the postal service 3 day priority is apparently taking 4+ days?
Maybe it will be in tomorrow?

I have a Mauser action/Maple stock (with Rosewood forend tip and grip cap) 220 Swift that may become a 220 Weatherby Rocket this year. I will look forward to seeing what your rifle looks like all done up. What caliber? One of my (too many) projects for this upcoming year is to do some serious load development for that 220. It has a brand new ER Shaw 1 in 9 twist barrel and I have never played with an ER Shaw tube. It will be fun to see what it is capable of.

Mark,
My Mauser project is a 6mm Remington, Douglas #1 s.s. 1/8 twist.
It's currently at the gunsmith getting the stock blank turned and
the shroud machined for a Wisner safety.
I expect it back any day now and will post pic's of the progress.
Hope I dont get in trouble for posting this on the handgun forum?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing too specific - shoot my Vaquero more. Really had a lot of fun with that.

Going to get together a 6.5 Creedmoor I think and keep my eyes open for one of these:

Bearcat
1911 Commander from Ruger at a decent price
Could like a Ruger in something bigger/stronger than 45Colt too.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ho Lee Smoke:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=457325804

no box, papers, and not even the original grips...

crazy

Maybe I can afford another Les Baer, after all...

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 12/21/14.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WOW, that is just too much money for such a piece, IMO. That there is Python money, and a 610 - though a right fine revolver- is not nearly as smooth, refined, or good looking as a Python.

And I cannot see what a 10mm Revolver is better at than a nice 1911 in that caliber. If there is something it is better at, please do enlighten me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
WOW, that is just too much money for such a piece, IMO. That there is Python money, and a 610 - though a right fine revolver- is not nearly as smooth, refined, or good looking as a Python.

And I cannot see what a 10mm Revolver is better at than a nice 1911 in that caliber. If there is something it is better at, please do enlighten me.

Legally hunting with it in states that do not allow hunting with Semi Auto Handguns

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
gitem_12 is correct. Some states do not allow hunting witha semi auto hand. Pennsylvania is one of them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 5" 610's do appear to bring a premium. There was another 610 sold a little later, a 6�" model with box, papers, and original grips, that brought a little less money than the 5".

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm really, really looking at a 460 Rowland conversion right now... with a 2X-3X optic on it, it might be the perfect hunting handgun...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
485 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.