Print Thread
Hop To
F
Foxbat Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
My mounts from my hunt in Austria 1.5 years ago are ready to be shipped. Only, we're having trouble on both sides figuring out how to ship them.

U.S. Customs is worthless for information. They send me to a link that just says there are no restrictions on cleaned hooves, antlers etc and tell me, "you should just get an import broker". Why would I get an import broker for a non restricted, perfectly legal, cleaned mount?

DHL says no problem, but says we have to fill out import paperwork to send to our friends in Austria who will ship it, so that DHL there knows someone is waiting for the mounts here in the U.S.

So I talk to DHL and they give me a link to an Export application for U.S. Fish & Wildlife, which is clearly not the correct form.

It's two completely legal and cleaned Roe Buck European mounts. They're not endangered, they're not CITES restricted. Is this really that difficult? I just don't want them confiscated.

Can they be brought in by a passenger on a commercial flight, will they still need import paperwork, then?

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Foxbat, I live in Vienna, Austria and can help with getting these back. No hassle and in a flatrate USPS box. Is it just the traditional skull mount or something bigger? I sent my Fathers roe buck and 2 Mouflon horn mounts no problem.

F
Foxbat Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Message sent.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
this is who i used to get mounts from Norway to the US. She does all of Europe.
Marlene D. J�rgensen

Labrador Cargo Aps

Tel: +45 51 95 25 17
Email: mjlabradorcargo.dk
Web: www.labradorcargo.dk

lots of paperwork

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat
My mounts from my hunt in Austria 1.5 years ago are ready to be shipped. Only, we're having trouble on both sides figuring out how to ship them.

U.S. Customs is worthless for information. They send me to a link that just says there are no restrictions on cleaned hooves, antlers etc and tell me, "you should just get an import broker". Why would I get an import broker for a non restricted, perfectly legal, cleaned mount?

DHL says no problem, but says we have to fill out import paperwork to send to our friends in Austria who will ship it, so that DHL there knows someone is waiting for the mounts here in the U.S.

So I talk to DHL and they give me a link to an Export application for U.S. Fish & Wildlife, which is clearly not the correct form.

It's two completely legal and cleaned Roe Buck European mounts. They're not endangered, they're not CITES restricted. Is this really that difficult? I just don't want them confiscated.

Can they be brought in by a passenger on a commercial flight, will they still need import paperwork, then?

Several years back, I met up with a guy from here on the Fire who happened to be hunting in Scotland not far from my lease. The previous week he had shot what looked like a Silver Medal Roe and a is the custom, the Stalker had boiled out the skull and done a really nice European mount for him..

I later heard from the guy that he tried to carry it back to the US in his luggage but it had been confiscated by US Customs..I don't recall the exact reasons, but its good your taking the time to do some research..

Last edited by Pete E; 12/18/14.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Foxbat, Pete E, et al.-

Importation of wildlife is regulated by the US Fish & Wildlife Service. Pete's friend may have tried to bring it into the US through other than one of the 18 designated ports for importing wildlife or parts thereof.

Exploring the US F&WS web site may be helpful. At least it may yield points of contact to resolve questions and problems. Here's a starting place:
http://www.fws.gov/le/ports-contact-information.html

Good luck.
--Bob

F
Foxbat Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the input, fellas. I went round and round with FWS, DHL, USDA and Customs before I finally got some straight, helpful answers from a USFWS inspector and DHL, and now I think we have it taken care of.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Did you get your Trophy's??

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,417
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.