Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Over at my place I had a couple guys post some kill pictures a young kid and another guy got.

The youngster shot this doe with an Accura V2 he borrowed off a member on my forum. His story: I am so excited! I got a text a while ago from the kid who is using my Accurra V2 to try and get his very first deer. He has been so down because he hasn't been seeing any deer this year.I told him it wasn't just him, and that no one around here were seeing deer. Well tonight, he bagged his very first deer, a nice doe!!! Don't know anything more yet, I am sure they are taking care of the deer. Told him I can't wait to hear the story.... I got skunked this year, but hearing this, made my whole season!!! I am so glad his first deer was with a muzzleloader....

25 yard shot. Sounds like it went thru the shoulder, thru the heart. I don't know if it was a complete pass thru or not. Deer dropped dead in it's tracks. Bullet was a 295 grain power belt, with 80 grains of 777 loose powder.
[Linked Image]

--------

Now this rifle is another Accura V2 that I went through for a member and a good friend of mine. He always sends me his muzzies to deep clean, lube and do load development on. He never got to shoot it due to shoulder surgery. He loaned it out to a new shooter, gave him the load info that I dialed it in for, advised him to take a few shots to make sure and once he did, all was perfect.

His story:
Met a guy from Wisconsin who wanted to get into muzzle loader hunting. I advised him of the V2 that Jon set up for me and he wanted to use it. Well look at what he did on his first time out. Nice looking buck. Rifle was dead on. You did great Jon.

Shooter reported back to Fred:
He told me it is a 9 point buck with a 19 7/8" spread, base of 6" and a g2 (not high) but is 8". Wish I could shoot one like that. He stated I was his mentor on him getting this buck and everything I advised him to do he did and it worked perfectly. I just advised I learned everything from you muzzies here on the forum. I advised him to check the sight out. THANKS AGAIN JON AND ALL YOU GUYS AND LADIES for all the help and information. I take your word on this matter as the gospel.

100 grains Blackhorn209, 300 grain Powerbelt Aerolite, Deer dropped in its tracks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kudo's to you bigblock455 & two other people who helped others try muzzle loading hunting. Youngster sure looks happy, nice buck from other hunter.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Always like to see the look on the face of the first killed large game. It's great until I tell them "Great job, now you have to take a bite out of the heart to be a true hunter"! The facial expression is always priceless.... laugh

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
Always like to see the look on the face of the first killed large game. It's great until I tell them "Great job, now you have to take a bite out of the heart to be a true hunter"! The facial expression is always priceless.... laugh

The heart doesn't taste bad enough. A bite out of the gall bladder should do it.

Last edited by BarHunter; 12/12/14.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
LOL....That's terrible!

Never made them actually do it, just shocked em right after pulling the pluck out of the thorax for the first time.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It looks like the buck is laying on the road with it's head up after being hit. I had to look it over again.

Good stories.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deer do not have gall bladders.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
they have gizzards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but,but,but you can't kill anything with a powerbelt!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Deer do not have gall bladders.

I know. It was a joke.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1eyedmule, 58 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,562
Posts18,453,732
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.