Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Hey I thought I was the only one that didn't see eye to eye with Steelhead. Don't feel so bad now. GW smile

While we have had our differences over the years he is a pretty good guy, takes great pictures, and knows a lot about a lot of different things. He has presented points of view that changed my opinion on some issues and I have learned from him. Disagreeing with me does not make him a bad guy and he was treated poorly to say the least on Christ at the Campfire.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by Scott F
In the beginning Ken and Stick were both treasures. Some really bad things happened in Stick's life and he changed. I had some rows with Stick after the change but there is no doubt the man knows manure from shinola.

Yea. He's endured some tough blows and I may be a minority, but I still get a lot out of his posts and enjoy reading them for the most part.

I will also admit that I'm still interested in what Stick has to say when it comes to rifles. Yes he's changed and he certainly has caused some issues over the years. But the amount of knowledge he has is amazing.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A PM exchange with him some months ago lined me up for retirement. I am thankful for that.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Shame I can't dig up some Christ at the Campfire posts from the 'good old days'

Well.....But it allowed you to "out" Blaine [aka AFP] as a douchebag [first time I ever used that word] and, as I recall,'Stick dusted him up pretty good as well.

FWIW... I THINK I remember the first "off the wall" comment I read on the 'fire. We were discussing bird dogs and I mentioned Ol' Fred being the best meat dog I ever saw, except for being "hardmouthed".

One response, by a poster I don't recall, revealed that we had among our membership a person who had no respect for the sport of hunting.

We have more than one, now.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
interested if its on investments! grin

it used to be more facts from actual provable experimentation and use, now its more opinion and call out threads, not as many men on here that actually hunt, camp, shoot, reload, rebarrel/build rifles and a lot more that read about it on the internet and just want to be seen as "an expert". (disclaimer I am not shooting as much as I used to but do kill a few deer every year). What is sort of incredible are the guru's that post on here now with zero proof of their authenticity, then the nut jobs from different planets, folks ate up with hate for this group or that, and yet we respond to them.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
interested if its on investments! grin

it used to be more facts from actual provable experimentation and use, now its more opinion and call out threads, not as many men on here that actually hunt, camp, shoot, reload, rebarrel/build rifles and a lot more that read about it on the internet and just want to be seen as "an expert". (disclaimer I am not shooting as much as I used to but do kill a few deer every year). What is sort of incredible are the guru's that post on here now with zero proof of their authenticity, then the nut jobs from different planets, folks ate up with hate for this group or that, and yet we respond to them.

Man, I'm with you 100%. I joined because there was little bickering. You could post questions and get experienced answers without worrying about getting lit up. The classifieds were cool too. I remember reading stuff and thinking this place was full of good guys that just wanted to talk about hunting and shooting.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
not all the members vibrate on the same octave level.
if we all looked, talked, and believed alike, how much fun would that be?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Different strokes for different folks are fine. However I see no need for vulgar language nor telling a poster you disagree with to GFY. This seems to happen too often lately and has done nothing to add anything to this forum.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Don't need to know how to be crude, rude and type drunk. Their are websites for that as also religious websites.

Come here for hunting, fishing, firearms, and all other knowledge other than the above. If I wanted the above I would go to the poo hall. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Don't need to know how to be crude, rude and type drunk. Their are websites for that as also religious websites.

Come here for hunting, fishing, firearms, and all other knowledge other than the above. If I wanted the above I would go to the poo hall. GW
Yeah but with the fire there's no need to go to the trouble of going to the pool hall, strip bar or honky tonk. Lot less chance of a DUI or falling over in a snow drift on the way home and freezing off your cojones.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
We all can't tell people to GFY as disguised as Ken Howell.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not all of "us" try to disguise it. Some are outwardly hateful and proud of it.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And some are outwardly stupid and apparently proud of it too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Smart enough to flush you.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That cuts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Different strokes for different folks are fine. However I see no need for vulgar language nor telling a poster you disagree with to GFY. This seems to happen too often lately and has done nothing to add anything to this forum.

Now don't go slandering GFY, to some on this forum the term GFY is a term of endearment, not meant to impune someone's character. whistle

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here it goes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Smart enough to flush you.

Why don't you guys get a room?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That cuts.

Boy you're a little more delicate when you're on the receiving end aren't you?

LOL
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
To early for popcorn! wink grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.