Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

That Bob White might be my favorite pattern from Charlie. He makes a hellava nice knife and they are priced very reasonably too.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It looks like I might have to take some pics of the raw stuff I have. It does look awfully nice when opened up and finished. Great pics!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John Lloyd
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's a couple pieces of the raw stuff I have right now:

[Linked Image]

This is a matched pair of pieces I cut.

[Linked Image]

Thin end

[Linked Image]

Thick end

[Linked Image]

A single slab

[Linked Image]

Thick end

[Linked Image]

Thin end

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_12612.JPG[/img]

side/edge

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

This is what you find when you sand through the outer 'caramel' layer; blue/black mineral coloration

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Depending on price and dimensions I might be interested. Let me know what you have and what ya want

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Nice!
I wonder if a guy could section the thick pieces for two sets (inner and outer)?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Beautiful stuff here. Master Bladesmith Bruce Bump in Walla Walla, WA has made me 2 custom knives. 1st was with BG42 steel and second was with S30V. Both had Ironwood scales are are fantastic knives. Both have gotten extensive user on elk, deer, black bear and even on a cougar and a couple moose. Then a couple years ago Bruce made my brother a custom knife with some Mammoth ivory that my brother purchased when he took a trip to Alaska. After seeing the finished knife I knew I had to have a knife with Mammoth scales. Recently I took my S30V knife to Bruce to see if he could replace the Ironwood with Mammoth ivory. He had no ivory that wsd suitable but he did have some Mammoth tooth. The tooth pieces were a bit short so he used some Ebony at the bolster end. Turned out freaking awesome! Will see if friend Boise can post pics for me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here's 3 from John Lloyd that are pretty. Make no mistake though,these are work horse pocket knives,he builds them to be carried & used

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Damn Vince. You been holding out on the really good stuff from John. Those are exceptional.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnman1
Damn Vince. You been holding out on the really good stuff from John. Those are exceptional.

Thank's Dale. If you are a custom knife buyer,sometimes it pays to contact Vince.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VinceM

Thank's Dale. If you are a custom knife buyer,sometimes it pays to contact Vince.

I keep more of my money if I just look at Vince's website. Fear contacting Vince directly would be costly - I have little compulsion control

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boise
Originally Posted by VinceM

I keep more of my money if I just look at Vince's website. Fear contacting Vince directly would be costly - I have little compulsion control

+ a bunch....

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy treats you fairly and has a ton of knife knowledge to boot. Nothing makes me weaker than knowing I'm getting a great deal so going to Vince's site, unless I really need something, is only going to make me poorer.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks fella's ,more color from John

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bottom folder is very nice. Not only is Vince nice but John Loyd is a super nice person.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love that last one too Mike. I'm getting weaker........weaker....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rufous
Beautiful stuff here. Master Bladesmith Bruce Bump in Walla Walla, WA has made me 2 custom knives. 1st was with BG42 steel and second was with S30V. Both had Ironwood scales are are fantastic knives. Both have gotten extensive user on elk, deer, black bear and even on a cougar and a couple moose. Then a couple years ago Bruce made my brother a custom knife with some Mammoth ivory that my brother purchased when he took a trip to Alaska. After seeing the finished knife I knew I had to have a knife with Mammoth scales. Recently I took my S30V knife to Bruce to see if he could replace the Ironwood with Mammoth ivory. He had no ivory that wsd suitable but he did have some Mammoth tooth. The tooth pieces were a bit short so he used some Ebony at the bolster end. Turned out freaking awesome! Will see if friend Boise can post pics for me.

Here you go Brian,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for posting the pics of my knife for me Rick. This Mammoth tooth reminds me of the sky or the sea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rufous my good and long time freind, that Mammoth ivory knife of yours is SPECTACULAR! I love it! The Ebony does set it off right nicely, too.

I only have one good knife, a bruce bump knife of course, and had it made with scales from fresh Elephant Ivory. It is a sourch of pride but also used every fall. It already has some blood stain discoloration in the ivory, and I don't mind that it does in the LEAST.

I don't have anything with Mamoth ivory on it, but is it OK to post a pic of my knife with ivory from the very close relative African bull Elephant? I hope so, cause here she is, my one and only truly good knife(Already showing signs of use, sharpening etc):
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here she is with the rifle and load (Barnes Monolithic solid, 416 Rigby) that killed the Elephant:

[Linked Image]

I hope that both will someday go to a grandson that appreciates them.

Last edited by safariman; 12/20/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.