-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like the show and the concept, I just wonder about the "reality" of it. Having grown up on a farm, I've seen them do some very stupid un-farmerly-type stuff. You don't live long where they are by being stupid.

The show about McGrath is just comic relief.

I like Gold Rush, and I even know some of the folks in it, Gene Cheeseman and Roger Schnabel from down this way.

Last edited by Scorpion8; 12/22/14.

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scorpion8
I like the show and the concept, I just wonder about the "reality" of it. Having grown up on a farm, I've seen them do some very stupid un-farmerly-type stuff. You don't live long where they are by being stupid.

The show about McGrath is just comic relief.

I like Gold Rush, and I even know some of the folks in it, Gene Cheeseman and Roger Schnabel from down this way.

Do you know how John Schnabel is doing? My wife absolutely loves him and the relationship he shares with Parker.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I don't think you have to wonder about the "reality" of it. Kilchers are homesteaders and outdoors people. What you see is Hollywood scripting.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rost495
I believe the gal you refer to runs the refueling station for aircraft. I believe if you check into her background she had a bear take swipe at her and loosen up about half of her scalp,
she got back into the building and ended up trying to sew it back on as she was all alone for about 10 days till some one showed up. If so she is one tough old bird. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I worked a remote chum salmon project in Haines, our incubators are are on the road that goes out to Big Nugget. I cringed when those idiots drove the excavator through salmon spawning grounds but apparently fish and game issued them a permit....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I cringed when those idiots drove the excavator through salmon spawning grounds but apparently fish and game issued them a permit....

But woe is the poor soul who is suspected of walking/wading a Honda across a remote anadromous stream in the course of a fall hunt...

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I cringed when those idiots drove the excavator through salmon spawning grounds but apparently fish and game issued them a permit....

But woe is the poor soul who is suspected of walking/wading a Honda across a remote anadromous stream in the course of a fall hunt...

Yup

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by northcountry
rost495
I believe the gal you refer to runs the refueling station for aircraft. I believe if you check into her background she had a bear take swipe at her and loosen up about half of her scalp,
she got back into the building and ended up trying to sew it back on as she was all alone for about 10 days till some one showed up. If so she is one tough old bird. Cheers NC

I dont doubt she is tough, to simply live there 24/7 you'd have to be. Mentally and physically.

But the constant cussing and drama gets that channel flipped pretty quickly typically around the house.

Of course, in the real world she may be fine, it all is probably scripting.

Of course our take on that, unless you need the TV money to survive, you'd never force us to do what we didnt' feel was right or real. Its also why you'll never see us on TV. LOL.

I'd not sell my soul to TV at any point. In fact years ago I ushered MAD around on a turkey hunt they filmed. That was what turned me so sour against most hunting shows... all faked and put together instead of how it really happens....

So I should give her the benefit of the doubt.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I can watch the Flying Wild Alaska one a bit. The rest is simply garbage. Saw about 1 minute of Wild West Alaska and just about puked.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I think we liked the flying one the best just because of what we got to see of where they flew.
But it too was scripted stuff.. yes your flight is going to be bouncy if hte pilot keeps yankign the yoke....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
After watching just a bit, I quickly tired of the crap they did while "managing" their cattle operation.

Bunch of BS. No thanks.

I do watch Life below zero a little. When the mouthy gal comes on, the mute button gets hit.

I used to watch a couple of the flying shows, but they are off now.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sue on Life Below Zero "walks the walk". I can listen to her "talk the talk". How many of you critical guys have ever sewn your own scalp back on after surviving a grizzly attack. 99% of all women would have quit that job and moved to town. She's tougher than most of us.

NRA Range Technical Team Advisor-Retired
Nra Endowment member
TSRA member
NRA F-class Master
NRA Pistol Coach-Retired
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by swampshooter
Sue on Life Below Zero "walks the walk". I can listen to her "talk the talk". How many of you critical guys have ever sewn your own scalp back on after surviving a grizzly attack. 99% of all women would have quit that job and moved to town. She's tougher than most of us.

Never doubted her in that regard.

Doesn't mean I have to enjoy or even endure her incessant bitch-fest and over-the-top drama.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rost495,

I'd not sell my soul to TV at any point.

I like reading that. You are a man after my own heart.

My dad used to do commercials for TV when my daughters were small. One time one of the directors wanted him to say, "That pisses me off." He told them something like, "You want me to use filthy language on TV. One of my grand daughters might here that. No way." The director told him, "Everyone has their price. My dad responded with, "Well, now you've met someone who does not have a price," and turned and started off the set. The director called him back and used different words to get the same message across.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
...you mean they all aren't on the edge of starvation?

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by swampshooter

Be pretty hard for me to sew my own scalp on, seeing as I've never been attacked by a bear.

But don't go assuming there are not still other folks out there that would do what needs to be done, to get the job done.

I'd say folks that live alone for the winters are tougher than anyone RE sewing a piece of skin back together...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It's amazing what we can do when there's no other choice.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Can't understand why folks that rich would want cameras on them.Myself,I'd wanna be left alone to enjoy my money.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.