Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Is it just my PC or what ??

Any tech ideas or suggestions to speed up ?

TIA......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only 24hr pages that have ever been slow to load for me are the Friday music threads. I don't know why , it must have something to do with the youtube videos on those pages.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its terrible. I have given up on using my new laptop or older computer. The only thing remotely useful is my Iphone. There are workarounds but---why? This is the only site I have trouble with.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too much BS going on in the back ground.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been said about a thousand times but you can spend five minutes loading adblocker.
No,,, you shouldn't have to but why be miserable?

I run the cheapest 7yo laptop WalMart sells with Windows 7, AVG free anti virus, and adblocker.

Maybe I'm just lucky but it works as well with that combo as any other site. Matter of fact,,, 24hr's faster than PM with this antiquated set up.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You are under attack by adds. There was a great informative thread several months back if you can get the search feature to work.
First suggesting...use Chrome.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Never issues of any sort with an ipad....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Upgrade your 14.4k modem to a 28k modem, you won't believe the speed difference...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've got adblock plus and sometimes it is still overwhelmed. This site is the worst I visit.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tikkanut

TIA......

The issue is not with the campfire, it's with your local service provider. You are getting caught in the war against Netflix where certain local providers are throttling content from some companies associated with Netfix. In the process they don't just slow down Netflix in their attempt to extort them in violation of net neutrality, but all traffic through associated providers.

If you want the fire to speed up, tell you local provider to quick violating net neutrality.

In addition, if they don't quit it, they are risking becoming regulated like a utility.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=GeorgiaBoy]I've got adblock plus and sometimes it is still overwhelmed. This site is the worst I visit. [/quote/]

I don't doubt that and certainly can't explain it.
Just telling you what works for me and a couple of hundred others that that have replied to this age old question.

Heck, I even have IE which isn't supposed to work either.

Ignorance really is bliss.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Maybe its a VISTA thing, I don't know. IE is a no go for me. I had thought of abandoning the site had I not read the thread about Chrome and adblock. It has helped, but sometimes, especially when I try to use the back arrow...it just locks up. This is the only site that I consistently have that problem.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I have 16 gigs of memory and a 8 core processor, this issue is not with Add Block.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I have 16 gigs of memory and a 8 core processor, this issue is not with Add Block.

Never meant to imply that AdBlock is totally the problem.

Meant as a FYI that according to that article AdBlock could possibly be contributing to at least some of the slow loading issues for some folks.

Even if AdBlock is responsible for some of the slow loading I'm still staying with it rather than put up with unwanted obnoxious pop-ups, redirects, auto-loading video/audio ads, etc, be it here at the Campfire or any other website.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
So you are saying that the ISP's are blocking the AD's...

Highly doubtful - what's more likely is the add servers are picking the lowest cost ISP, which has [bleep] for peering....
So it's the ad servers...

TIA......

The issue is not with the campfire, it's with your local service provider. You are getting caught in the war against Netflix where certain local providers are throttling content from some companies associated with Netfix. In the process they don't just slow down Netflix in their attempt to extort them in violation of net neutrality, but all traffic through associated providers.

If you want the fire to speed up, tell you local provider to quick violating net neutrality.

In addition, if they don't quit it, they are risking becoming regulated like a utility.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
So you are saying that the ISP's are blocking the AD's...

Highly doubtful - what's more likely is the add servers are picking the lowest cost ISP, which has [bleep] for peering....
So it's the ad servers...

TIA......

I'm saying the ISP's are slowing all traffic that transverses certain networks where Netflix is known to have their content delivery servers.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have always thought it was because the site was adding/updating a thread for latest input. (I swap to AR if impatient, come back later to carry on.)

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

recently upgraded to fiber...

download speed is 88.09

upload is 40.71..just tested it

I'll load Google Chrome

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by agazain
I have always thought it was because the site was adding/updating a thread for latest input. (I swap to AR if impatient, come back later to carry on.)

If I'm correct, Rick rents his server, probably a virtual server, so I doubt that's the location of the bottle neck.

IME the fire seems to run the slowest during prime Netflix hours, which now constitutes over 50% of late night internet traffic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.