Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ST50
I could say the wife and I both treated ourselves this year. She was diagnosed with a very serious cancer and had surgeries almost immediatly. All is good so far. As soon as she was feeling better we bought a camper and a F150. For the sake of our kids and grandkids also. Then after a busy and fun summer we traded up to a 2014 Harley Heritage Softail. Can't wait till its springtime again, but first, more family, Santa, my youngest girl's wedding,a little more hunting thrown in, and life in general. God Bless. Marty

Have to say, this is my favorite.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by ST50
I could say the wife and I both treated ourselves this year. She was diagnosed with a very serious cancer and had surgeries almost immediatly. All is good so far. As soon as she was feeling better we bought a camper and a F150. For the sake of our kids and grandkids also. Then after a busy and fun summer we traded up to a 2014 Harley Heritage Softail. Can't wait till its springtime again, but first, more family, Santa, my youngest girl's wedding,a little more hunting thrown in, and life in general. God Bless. Marty

Have to say, this is my favorite.
Thanks Critter, it's been a real whirlwind, but it makes a person appreciate every day. Part of our family will be here tonight. Grandkids age 4 and 2, their mom (oldest daughter) and dad. Can't wait. Marty

Last edited by ST50; 12/19/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The board was generous this year and we got a very generous bonus. I used most of it to fly up my best friends daughters gramma (they had never met) I figure it was money well spent, I can survive without it and she would never been able to get her up here without me. :-) Merry Christmas Everyone!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's the difference between you and Pat. I'm betting your ass is still white as rice, Pat's ass would be the darkest part.
Steelhead I'm getting a bit worried-you seem awful interested in Pat's ass.......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone here is fine, so money was spent for my wife to fly out on the 23rd to spend Christmas with her dad.
We don't have any needs, and are thankful for good health and a wonderful life.

But,
When I take my wife to the airport Tuesday, Im picking up 3 dozen Avery ffd full body goose decoys. They are used, but like new and come with socks to protect the heads, in pillow cases, and in padded , 6 slot bags.

Season is almost over, but a good deal is a good deal.

Last edited by splattermatic; 12/20/14.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A like-new Ruger "new" Vaquero blued in .45 Colt. Good shooter.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My Borden custom 300 WSM delivers Monday, 22. After 18 months, it's a big Merry Christmas to me!

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Decided to hire someone to do the drywall in the house I'm working on.

best one yet! don't mind hanging it but hate finishing it. I put it on and sand it off then have to put more on again. Hate it don't like painting either.

Things have been tight around here but I got a good bonus so I bought myself a KelTec PMR30 and a ESEE Izula II, I love the knife it feels like a old schrade sharpfinger in the hand. The kiddies are hooked up with all kinds of good stuff and me and the wife agreed to only buy for the kids and not each other but she didn't say anything about buying for ones self! grin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
A week in Costa Rica and some off shore blue water fishing

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Envy-definition,,, The ability to count someone else's blessings and not your own.
While I have no problem counting my own its VERY easy to count yours!!!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn't need a thing in the world after I bought my Drilling
but I did wander into a like new Glock 30 for $365 OTD on Thursday.
It will be the gift that keeps on giving.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My personal Christmas present to myself, is being able to put together the Campfire's Mickey Coleman Memorial Christmas Present to a Deserving Youth...

All started courtesy of Missouri Ed...

The response has been overwhelming, all the generosity generated by fellow campfire members...for a very good cause... Its a pleasure and honor to be able to be a part of it..

I am at the age, that giving is much more a gift than receiving is...I have the presence of my son and wife, and I am in a position that there is really hardly anything in life I really need anymore but my good health...

a year ago at this time, I was finishing up 4 months of low dose radiation to get rid of an increase in my PSA ( Cancer stuff).. a year later, lab test say my results have my doctor "thrilled" with them...

I have a lot to complain about in life, and have a lot to be thankful for...I try and concentrate on the latter and ignore the former..although I am not always stellar about it.. ( ex wife issues, etc and the government is too much involved in my life, for my satisfaction, wish they didn't even know I existed)...

But all in all, if I passed unexpectedly like Mickey Coleman did, I can thank the Good Lord for the time he has given me on this earth... my only concern would be I wish I could have done a lot more with it for him to show my appreciation...

and my final present to myself, I can say this to each and every forum member out there...with the deepest sincerity... Merry Christmas to each one of you and your families...and may a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year be waiting for each of you...

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Leupold RX "full draw" rangefinder for bow hunting. Misjudged the range on a deer a few weeks back and was pissed about it. Problem solved

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dropped into a store I had never been in before and they turned out to be a fun bunch who seem to like talking about guns as much as selling them.

My SIL has an old A-Bolt Eclipse that is his favorite deer rig and I have always wanted one of my own. This new to me store had a NIB X-Bolt Eclipse on the rack. I asked to see it and of course it had to be chambered in one of my favorites, 25-06.

I put a new Leupold on it yesterday... smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Old Husqvarna 1600 series steel bottom metal in .30-06. Wood needs some love. It was bought as a project for the winter. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Merry Christmas to all.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
in october i bought a 2015 f250 supercrew 4x4. my only other present as far as i know is a pair of heavy duty slippers for camp.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
in october i bought a 2015 f250 supercrew 4x4. my only other present as far as i know is a pair of heavy duty slippers for camp.

Diesel?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We're having our christmas today. I'm going to treat myself to a pretty big/good meal followed by a pretty good nap this afternoon as well.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bought myself Remington 870 tactical 12 ga. (7+1)

And an extra vent rib 28" barrel to go with it.

Gunsmith is building a sleeve, so that the extra barrel will work with the long mag.

This is a home protection gun and clay bird gun.
To use it for hunting, I'd have to have a plug about a foot and a half long! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not yet, nor a b-day gift this year. After taxes come back next spring my 2014/2015 Birthday/Christmas gift will be a new rifle to replace one I sold to pay medical bills last spring. Thinking a stainless 260 or 7-08 of some sort with a new Leupold 2.5-8 Vari X III or just do a few upgrades to a couple of the current rifles in the stable.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I was considering a new 50th Anniversary Mustang for Christmas to go along with my '65 convertible, but decided to buy a used one in three years (Dave Ramsey disciple.)

If you like Mustangs and haven't seeen the new 2015 model, it is worth a trip to your local Ford dealership. I wish i could figure out how to justify owning three Mustangs. smile

In the meantime . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Object of my affection . . . 50th Anniversary edition!

[Linked Image]

Took the little wifey by the dealership today to look at the new Mustangs. She really likes the White 50th Anniversary edition. Went to another dealership and the salesman told me the sales manager had already bought all three of their 50th Anniversary editions for himself. Screw that dealership.

I'm going to try and figure out a way to get the wifey to go along with me and buy the other one.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
385 members (204guy, 280shooter, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 47 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,595
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.