Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Despite the handle, am non-resident for Oregon now, have 15 points - so open to 10% of the tags. Always saved up for Hart Mtn but missed a year and never got it and now can't. Won't be moving back so I think I'll burn the points. No firmed up partners as of now. Party gets points averaged and treated like non-resident. Prefer Whitehorse or W Beatys, no concern with success, the proverbial gutshot cinch. Looking for resectable mature or oddball buck, fair chase, meat for the freezer. Anyone in a similar boat?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gave up on Oregon a long time ago..just no value for the money.

But i've seen some great bucks across the border north of Denio,NV. Dont know what unit that is tho.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wish a few more would give up on Oregon! wink grin

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, tell everyone. Starting with your friends.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I truly love the negative posts about Oregon. Pot, liberals, Yankees, etc. Spread the word folks.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
OR Antelope requires a lot of patience any more. I didn't get drawn with 13 points this year (Steens). I have partners but we don't put in as a party. We go for the trip. The more trips the better.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rosco1
Gave up on Oregon a long time ago..just no value for the money.

But i've seen some great bucks across the border north of Denio,NV. Dont know what unit that is tho.

It is East Beatty's Butte.

Also, thank you for giving up on Oregon. Encourage your friends to joinyou!

Last edited by Dancing Bear; 12/20/14.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I dont have to..Oregon F&W does it all by themselves.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No chit there! Gawd - I gotta get out of the Portlandia metropolitician area! Just on the northern fringe now but it's still wayyy too close.

I'd like to hunt it in the breaks, Whitehorse West out of McDermitt. North of the Montanas, South of the Trout Creeks.

Nevermind. No need to tell all... (-:

Remember, what happens in Denio stays in Denial....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Looking at the 2014 odds, you are up there, but not quite into the sure thing category for pulling either a Whitehorse or Beaty's Butte tag as a non resident. Oregon does not do much to encourage non residents. We charge an arm and a leg, and most experiences are not that great. Success is high though
for pronghorn, and one can find some good animals.

Pray for a good winter. Near all desert waterholes were dry in 2014 and pronghorn were not running their typical haunts.

Good luck, and I might see you out there. As a resident, I have enough points to pull a tag in my unit of choice, and I'll likley burn them in 2015.

If I do that, it will be a Wenaha elk tag in 2016.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/21/14.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MarlinMark
I truly love the negative posts about Oregon. Pot, liberals, Yankees, etc. Spread the word folks.

Trouble with that is, it attracts MORE liberals, yankees, pot heads.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
1minute, Thanks for looking up the odds. You're set up for a couple good years.

Have you tracked things closely enough to know if the hunt dates are fairly consistent, say for Whitehorse? I've gotta put in for time off well ahead of the draws.

Reminiscing. Went on my first tag along antelope hunts as a pre-teen. Dad would take me out for a week or two and we'd go run the desert spotting and judging Spring-Fall. He'd even pull me out of school to go! Gawd those were fun times. Learned to drive, manual 3/4 ton, out on Hart at 9, old man was too worn out to drive, dead heat of the summer. I was hell on the sage brush, one tire in the middle and one outside the track. Once told a grown up to pass and he didn't believe me, punched his Hart tag on day one on the first skinny 11-incher. Been wanting to do it myself for three decades...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The 2015 regs are out in print and on the web as well. Season dates etc are established, but final tag allocations will be determined in the May or June Commission meeting.

Regs

Pronghorn point data for 2014 are:

Pronghorn preference point data

1Minute
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks again 1minute.

Hope the winter is good to ya'll out there this year.
Merry Christmas.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oregontripper,

If you go with E. Beatty's Butte send me a private message. I have some experience in that unit.

Mark

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks Mark. There's a lot of country out that way. Having looked things over a bit more, Unit choice will be dependent on my work rotation and which blocks I can schedule off in March. It's going to take a few things to align!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
OOPS - GOT 18 POINTS! YAHOO

But it's max 3% Non-Res! %#$^&*!

Last edited by oregontripper; 01/28/15. Reason: Correction

--- Kid Rock 2022

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.