Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I have an Accumark in 338 Lapua that has a significant amount of creep before breaking. And the creep feels rough rather than a smooth pull.

I read the manual how to adjust the trigger pull, but that seems to be only for the weight of the pull and no adjustment for creep. I turned the screw and it really didn't seem to do much for the pull weight, so I put it back where it was.

Is there an easy way to remove the creep from the trigger? Or can a good gun smith do it? Or are you better off to replace the trigger?

I really like the rifle other than the trigger.

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Buy a Ruger, Winchester, Remington, or even (I can't believe I'm saying this) Savage. Roy saw a whole bunch of you guys coming..... smile

The dead critters won't know the difference and you will save money on rifle and ammo both, assuming a Wby caliber

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ok - smart mouth aside it sounds like you need a gunsmith to give the sear and notch a good stoning etc assuming the design allows. I'm not familiar with that particular mechanism, but have done others with similar sounding problem.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pm sent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by banjomule
I have an Accumark in 338 Lapua that has a significant amount of creep before breaking. And the creep feels rough rather than a smooth pull.

I read the manual how to adjust the trigger pull, but that seems to be only for the weight of the pull and no adjustment for creep. I turned the screw and it really didn't seem to do much for the pull weight, so I put it back where it was.

Is there an easy way to remove the creep from the trigger? Or can a good gun smith do it? Or are you better off to replace the trigger?

I really like the rifle other than the trigger.

Go to weatherby.dk they have a trigger adjustment pinned to their gunsmithing board. Sear is very easy to adjust as is trigger pull.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
adjust Mark V trigger

Sear adjustment screw is at top of trigger and can be accessed with the bolt removed..very small allen screw. It's a piece of cake to do

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The trick is to press down on the sear while turning the sear engagement screw clockwise. When it just trips off loosen it up 1/8th turn. Do it a couple times to get it right on. Your creep is now gone. Then put it through the full safety checks. No need to stone or polish anything. If you want to get under 1 1/2 or 2 pounds it will go as light as 6 ounces with a spring change. None of the aftermarket Weatherby triggers are an improvement over the factory Mark 5 trigger. I defy you to tell it from a Jewel once it's adjusted up.

I currently have 3 Accumarks. The are my favorite factory rifle and favorite factory action to build on. I make my living off Remington's though. Never a shortage of those that need work.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HiredGun
The trick is to press down on the sear while turning the sear engagement screw clockwise. When it just trips off loosen it up 1/8th turn. Do it a couple times to get it right on. Your creep is now gone. Then put it through the full safety checks. No need to stone or polish anything. If you want to get under 1 1/2 or 2 pounds it will go as light as 6 ounces with a spring change. None of the aftermarket Weatherby triggers are an improvement over the factory Mark 5 trigger. I defy you to tell it from a Jewel once it's adjusted up.

I currently have 3 Accumarks. The are my favorite factory rifle and favorite factory action to build on. I make my living off Remington's though. Never a shortage of those that need work.

Great Read Thanks

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (257 mag, 160user, 300_savage, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,519
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.