Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Russell Simmons, co-founder of Def Jam Recordings, appeared on CNN last night on Out Front with Erin Burnett to warn there are more protests coming if "demands" are not met.

We are seeing the beginning of the end of police policing the police, he added.

"On Wednesday, we are going to ask for indictments and list of achievable demands." ("We" referring to high profile celebrities and athletes that share Simmons' beliefs.)

"And America has not seen protests like those that are coming if justice doesn't start to come down," warned Simmons.

Simmons told Burnett, "Over 150K cases were brought before the grand Jury and and only 11 cases didn't come back with indictments. It's like lightening striking the black community over and over and over again."

We need special oversight committees, we shouldn't leave it to DAs who work with the police, explained Simmons.

Burnett asked, "You don't feel defeated that has happened again and again and again?" to which Simmons responded, "We're going to get indictments now because America hasn't seen what's coming."

"When people understand the injustice properly, the way these protestors understand it, they're all going to fight for justice, and that's going to change this system."

So rich folks make their own rules?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to start carrying a few extra mags. And that may not be enough.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

So rich folks make their own rules?

They always have.

Last edited by 4ager; 12/20/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting point of view from a man whose industry has made billions off glorifying violence against their neighbors and the police.

More white people than black people are killed by cops. IIRC in 2012 per the CDC, cops killed 140 blacks vs 386 whites. Given the disparity in who is or isn't committing crimes - that should be a larger outrage but it isn't.

I don't love the police, don't hate them either and quite honestly, sometimes I really wonder why they get away with what they do but Russell Simmons talking about this while making money off black v black murder culture is more than a bit insulting.

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Interesting point of view from a man whose industry has made billions off glorifying violence against their neighbors and the police.

More white people than black people are killed by cops. IIRC in 2012 per the CDC, cops killed 140 blacks vs 386 whites. Given the disparity in who is or isn't committing crimes - that should be a larger outrage but it isn't.

I don't love the police, don't hate them either and quite honestly, sometimes I really wonder why they get away with what they do but Russell Simmons talking about this while making money off black v black murder culture is more than a bit insulting.

Exactly, when is enough enough?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
trust me. The one's that are pushing for a race war, are NOT the ones that will be on the front lines.
The Russel Simmons, the Al Sharptons, the Eric Holders will not be seen at the event.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been waiting decades for the promised black on white race war so not holding my breath on this one. Agree with every other poster in this thread that violence should only be used by police on others as they choose, but never the other way around no matter what.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"FORWARD!! he cried,from the rear,as the front flank died"
Why is it these high profile rappers dont condem what's going on in the black culture now?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All these race baiters as well as the top government idiots and the media have blood on their hands now.

There's going to be lots more, if they don't stop.

Race relations are at the lowest point and highest tension in many decades. Gee, how's all that "change" working out for everyone?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
All these race baiters as well as the top government idiots and the media have blood on their hands now.

There's going to be lots more, if they don't stop.

Race relations are at the lowest point and highest tension in many decades. Gee, how's all that "change" working out for everyone?

Yep, it is ok when officials and the media stir up cops against civilians, but not ok when it the reverse is done. I hope they just let Sean Groubert go down in SC as a sign of solidarity.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, you see so much of the media stirring up hate and discontent and taking the side of cops and whites that are rioting and looting, don't you? crazy

Are you really that stupid, or are you so eaten up by your hate of cops that everything else has lost perspective?

The reality of the whole situation is that:

Most black folks are good people.

Most white folks are not racist.

Most cops do an excellent job.

But, please continue to focus your hate on isolated incidents. I just wish you'd pick somewhere else to do it. It gets tiresome trying to find a thread where you haven't thrown your schidt on the walls to the point that all reasonable discussion ends, and people are left smelling the walls you decorated here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Summary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yeah, you see so much of the media stirring up hate and discontent and taking the side of cops and whites that are rioting and looting, don't you? crazy

Are you really that stupid, or are you so eaten up by your hate of cops that everything else has lost perspective?

The reality of the whole situation is that:

Most black folks are good people.

Most white folks are not racist.

Most cops do an excellent job.

But, please continue to focus your hate on isolated incidents. I just wish you'd pick somewhere else to do it. It gets tiresome trying to find a thread where you haven't thrown your schidt on the walls to the point that all reasonable discussion ends, and people are left smelling the walls you decorated here.

nailed it

nice post, couldn't have said it better

he's like a broken record

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting point of view from Russell Simmons talking about this while making money off black v black murder culture is more than a bit insulting.

Third post for the win. Until they start cleaning up their own neighborhood and condemning the actions of those that are making the mess, it will just be more divide in the relations they want to repair.

I don't see that happening any time soon though.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
from Dr. Ben Carson

According to Breitbart, Carson says that for every black male killed by a police officer in 2013, there were 50 black males killed by other black males.

�That�s where we ought to be directing our attention,� he said. �We can�t afford to just throw those precious people away.�

Click here for pictures of Second Amendment supporters protecting their business during the Ferguson race riots.

Carson says that conversations about race are understandably emotional, but that Americans have to �start looking objectively� at solutions to the high murder rates in predominantly black neighborhoods.

�We can�t afford to be allowing these people just to be slaughtered in the streets and not doing anything about it,� Carson says, expressing his belief that every life has value�and the conservative principle that every person has a right to that life.

He added that gun control laws in places like Chicago, for example, need to be completely rethought since it�s obvious that gun control is completely failing to stop violence in that city.

Dave

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Well the big O wants to back this country to more 3rd world standards , so ok lets put these [bleep] back to picking cotton and shucking corn

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Until the thugs in this world believe every life has value, nothing will change. Hell, we got young men killing others because their wearing a different colored ball cap or because they happen to be standing on the wrong street corner. As noted, many are black on black. And, sadly, we are a long, long ways from viable solutions. For example, when good men like Carson, or Colonel (ret) Allen West, both of whom I admire for their objectivity and honesty, speak about problems in the African American culture, they just get labeled by those on the left and by members of their own race, as being "uncle tom's".

With any reasonable discussion about solutions in this country, people must be willing to discuss the problem and LiSTEN! The rub is, many don't want to listen or hear what the underlying problems are...culture, the breakdown of the family, divorce rates, the assault on religion and no more "in god we trust", drugs, social welfare, and I could go on and on.

So, people don't want to listen. You also don't see anyone accepting blame for anything...especially in the political arena. Finger pointing is the norm. If someone doesn't succeed, it's always someone else's faulty. The sense of patriotism is slowly waning in this country. The "sense of entitlement" culture is upon us, and I'm afraid there's no going back. The Infamous JFK speech seems like so long ago, but there ain't near enuf people asking themselves what they can do for their country! It's all about what they can get from the govt! Just my rambling, I know all may not agree.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
so nothing will ever change...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My experience with black people as a whole has not been positive!

I personally have no use for the race! They act like animals and want to be treated like humans. Just a bunch of apes runnng amok society with no care for themselves or anyone else. Easily one of the most intolerant and ignorant races I have ever come across as well.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Not as long as the thugs and criminals have no value for human life. They're also smart enuf to figure out that the cops are beginning to get their hands tied, and will only be emboldened. Look at the execution of the two nypd cops. I suspect the death tolls will rise...I guess that could be considered change, albeit not positive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 68 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,147
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.