Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In the past, I have been making regular Jeans width decent quality causal belts work for also bearing the weight of whatever shootin iron I was packing.

Now, all of my brown casual wide belts are in disrepair, and I want to upgrade to a belt that looks like a regular, plain belt to wear with Carhartts or Wrangers etc. but that is thicker and stiffer for use and help in packing my full size all steel 1911 and assisting with the weight dirstribution. I use only pancake style holsters, which also help with comfort and concealment.

So, what make and model do you guys or gals suggest?

Please, nothing that screams "CARRYING!" like a basketweave with a cop style buckle. Something a bit more inconspicuous, if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestions, idea's and or links!

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Filson makes a double layer harness leather belt. I have been using one for a couple of years carrying my 1911 every day and the belt still looks new. Made in USA and lifetime guarantee. Think they are around $88.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite carry belt is from C5 leather: http://shop.c5leather.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=1
Big Jim does great work and is very accommodating to his customers. Best $70 I've ever spent on a gun belt.

I got my old man the Filson double thick. It is a very nice belt but not as comfortable for me as my C5.

On a cheaper note I also have the Cabelas Double Duty Belt. It was a gift and my field/hunting belt. It's very stiff yet super comfortable and durable for its $40 cost. It is not my normal carry belt but has spent plenty of time holding up a carry gun and IWB rig, or one of my S&W's or SBH's in OWB field holsters when hiking or hunting.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mallard Addict,

I looked at and really like those CS Leather double thick belts. Sharp looking and plenty stiff from what I can see.

Thank you!

Any others I should consider for this role?

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just found this site and clicked on some of the items for more detail and close-up images.
Found one I really like and not bad prices ~ 'YOUR TACK'

> http://www.yourtack.com/Gunbelts.html <

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Von Ringler.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
hammerless smith aluminum J frame with Barami hip grip, loose T shirt.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I have Mitch Rosen belt and it is the best belt that I have ever used or seen. I have worn it daily since 2008 and it has not lost its shape or stretched in any manner. Well worth the money.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

I have been using these for a few years and they are great

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

I have Mitch Rosen belt and it is the best belt that I have ever used or seen. I have worn it daily since 2008 and it has not lost its shape or stretched in any manner. Well worth the money.

I like his holsters, will look into his belts.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
hammerless smith aluminum J frame with Barami hip grip, loose T shirt.

I quite carrying J frames about 25 years ago. My rarely carried 'small' handgun is a much thinner and even lighter, equally reliable KelTec pistol. I also do not like any carry plan that requires the use of my off hand to get to my gun i.e. lift a shirt or other garment. The off hand might be busy keeping an assailant or his weapon away from one's body, or even may be already disabled by his first attempt at me.

I decided several years ago to just get good and accustomed to packing a full size 1911. An open casual shirt or light vest makes a 1911 dissapear on my large frame.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been wearing Milt Sparks 1-1/4" dress belts for about 30 years and Sparks 1-1/2" belts with jeans for about 15 years. I can outgrow them but I cannot wear them out. My son now has my first Sparks belt (cordovan 1-1/4") and loves it. The dye on that one could stand to be touched up. He does not use it as a gun belt, but it would still work for that purpose.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought one of these for my brother 10 years ago and he is still wearing it every day...

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/co.../Best_Quality_Belt_DL_1_5_quot__Gun_Belt

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wear an SOE gear 1.5 inch cobra buckle "riggers" belt. They are made of scuba wrbbing, and extremely rigid.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
I bought one of these for my brother 10 years ago and he is still wearing it every day...

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/co.../Best_Quality_Belt_DL_1_5_quot__Gun_Belt

Bob

That is a good looking option as well. More good choices than I thought.

Thanks, eveyrone

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by giteam_12
I wear an SOE gear 1.5 inch cobra buckle "riggers" belt. They are made of scuba wrbbing, and extremely rigid.

WOW, I just looked them up and they are quite stout, as well.

I think I need to stay with brown leather, but those belts are way cool for sure.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think I have tried them all, this is without a doubt the best casual belt I have ever used.
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/87..._ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

I think I've forgotten this before.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
RB, thanks for the link, another good option.

I never knew there were SO many good choices!

No more department store casual belts for me.

Even the very best ones from a Dept store, and highest priced ones, are not even in the same LEAGUE as most of these belts which have been reccomended. The higher cost of these belts will pay for themselves many times over with how long the reviews are telling me they last.

My elephant hide jeans belt comes closest, and works pretty well, but I fear that even this old favorite may become a wall hangin piece very soon. OR, I might have an extra piece of stiff bull hide sewn in along the back on the right side where I carry, with perhaps a piece of stiff foam, polythylene or similar added between the two layers at least on that one side. But in thinking this through, it may be better to have the added leather and stiffening material added all the way around.

I love wearing leather gear from an Elephant that I shot myself and had made up in Boulawayu Zimbabwe (Taxidermy Enterprises).

This next clothing purchase of mine, with some stiffening mods to my old favorite, should make it even easier and more comfortable to continue carrying a real gun 24/7/365.

This query/post is turning out to be one of my most informative. I just love this place.

Last edited by safariman; 12/21/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.511tactical.com/operator-belt-1-34-wide.html

I swear this is the best belt ever made. I wish i would have found it years ago. i have always had trouble keeping my pants up due to what my wife describes as "NO ASS". Keeps my pants up at work all day and i'm very active at work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222Sako, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,814 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.