Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Esox357
Celebrex is good stuff. It can raise blood pressure in some patients so you have to consider that. It works well for me and was better than pain killers.

opiates really do nothing for the inflammation but the NSAIDs do which is why they actually help for non RA arthritis....its also why marijuana works, on top of the pain killing properties it seems to have some pretty heavy anti-inflammatory properties and does seem to work in this case with topical application of really high quality stuff which means you get to skip the whole high thing.....not sure if its been proven yet or not if enough gets absorbed through the skin to pop positive on a piss test...

even with my knees which now should be completely out of the cartilage on the end of the femurs got relief with a combination of cannibus cream and DMSO to help draw the active stuff into the joints...

studies in other western countries have shown positive affects of pot on auto immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis aswell with far fewer side effects as the steriod/immunosuppression route.....
go have your knee replaced. I just did mine were bone on bone for a couple of yours i had them shot up 4 times until i could take off to get one replaced. Without celebrex i couldnt walk after a week it would start locking up and hurting terrible.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This past May I was diagnosed with RA. So far a combination of methotrexate, meloxicam and folic acid have back on my feet. I'm now starting to feel more pain again so expect an adjustment or change of meds at the next appt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stumpman
Celebrex is good stuff. It can raise blood pressure in some patients so you have to consider that. It works well for me and was better than pain killers.

opiates really do nothing for the inflammation but the NSAIDs do which is why they actually help for non RA arthritis....its also why marijuana works, on top of the pain killing properties it seems to have some pretty heavy anti-inflammatory properties and does seem to work in this case with topical application of really high quality stuff which means you get to skip the whole high thing.....not sure if its been proven yet or not if enough gets absorbed through the skin to pop positive on a piss test...

even with my knees which now should be completely out of the cartilage on the end of the femurs got relief with a combination of cannibus cream and DMSO to help draw the active stuff into the joints...

studies in other western countries have shown positive affects of pot on auto immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis aswell with far fewer side effects as the steriod/immunosuppression route.....
go have your knee replaced. I just did mine were bone on bone for a couple of yours i had them shot up 4 times until i could take off to get one replaced. Without celebrex i couldnt walk after a week it would start locking up and hurting terrible.

no one will do it, im 33 and still walk without a cane......if i do it now ive got a nearly 70% chance per leg of being an above knee amputee inside 10 years....according to the guys that work on college and pro level athletes anyway....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Might try eating some almonds.
Plain or roasted both might help.

They taste good too! grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Had Quite Abit Of Joint Pain Over The Years. And Tried A lot Of Different Meds. Been Using Voltaren Last Few Month Seem To Help Quit A bit...Might Give It A Try..

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stumpman

no one will do it, im 33 and still walk without a cane......if i do it now ive got a nearly 70% chance per leg of being an above knee amputee inside 10 years....according to the guys that work on college and pro level athletes anyway....
why wont they do it and why would you need an amputation? Never heard that before. I waited until i couldnt stand the pain with injections before having it. Never used a cane until now after replacement. Check with a highly reccomended surgion not a therapist for ball players.

Last edited by stumpman; 12/21/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
magic age for knee replacement is 55, at 55 you have an 85% chance of it lasting the rest of your life....been told by some of the best that work on young guys and replace the knees of young guys, that at my age ill be harder on the prosthesis than someone older and will destroy it inside 10 years....success rate of the second one after i destroy the first is around 35% making it around a 65% chance per leg of being an above knee amputee after i destroy the first one and thats per peg as both have the same issue....

until i no longer have good days and can not walk normally given imin my early 30's no surgeon will touch me....Mayo just looked at my file and said dont bother coming out, there is nothing they can do...somewhere in one of the boxes of chit i packed up from the divorce is a file with the opinions of 8 different orthopedic surgeons, half of which work on young athletes(who else has knee problems before they have grey hair?) all say the same, tough it out as best i can as i am to big of a risk until i get to the point i cant walk normally....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was on Vioxx till it was pulled. Worked very well but who needs the cardio worries!
Next came Celebrex, worked wonders but I developed an unusual allergy to it, my knees felt great but I was depressed in a big way. Doc took me off the Celebrex and my good humour came back pretty quickly.

Have been taking a daily cocktail of Tia-profenic, Tylenol 3 and Codiene Contin for the last 10 years. Take it at bedtime and I am good for 24 hrs. Miss a day or two and I can hardly walk. Occ. visits to physio help as well.

For many years I was taking Motrin or Naproxen or Voltaren etc, rotted my stomach. Now I take Panteloc and watch my diet best I can. Scope every couple of years to make sure all is well. Fortunately Veterans Affairs Canada takes care of my knee and stomach needs.

Last edited by troutfly; 12/21/14.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Same here, 55 is the magic age for knee replacements. I am a couple years away from that now. At this point I think, as long as the meds are working I'll forgo the surgery. Wish I had had it years ago but wasn't an option, could have had a better job, and more active lifestyle.
Now I just suck it up and soldier on. I'll become a burden to society sooner or later LOL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved the Vioxx, it killed me when they took it off the market, literally! Nothing has been able to help me since. I can't take muscle relaxers or pain pills during the day at work so tough it out and relax at night with the meds. And some bourbon. A buddy is taking humira and he swears by it. Every once in a while he takes some prednisone to cure a flare. Can't wait until the 22nd for my visit to the ruemetologist, month off.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I had a bunch of tests done to see if I have RA, but nothing was conclusive. I do have osteoarthitis.The doc put me on Plaquanil but it tore my guts up, and I quit. My joints still hurt though. My brother takes Celebrex and says he would be in bad shape without it. Aside from Aleve or Advil, what works best?

I don't know what works best, and what works for one person may not work for another...my knees started giving me problems about ten years ago...a few years ago, my hips too. I've tried most of the OTC remedies & have found that what I eat also plays a big part in how stiff my joints get. I avoid large helpings of pasta & can't eat it for consecutive days, or I get to hurting. I'm pretty sure it's the gluten. I've also noticed that when the first fall cold front moves in, it damn near cripples me...if I take Krill oil & CoQ-10, it takes quite a bit of the edge off the pain...
That being said, the thing that has made the biggest impact on the arthritis issue, has been moving to the desert here in Az. (Last week) from the damp valley winter weather in Sacramento. Every day, the pain issue & stiffness dissipates a little more...Last night, before bed, I took a 800 mg. Ibuprofen that was leftover from a previous injury & this morning I'm enjoying the most pain free day I've had in years. Virtually no stiffness at all.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 24mileboy
I loved the Vioxx, it killed me when they took it off the market, literally! Nothing has been able to help me since. I can't take muscle relaxers or pain pills during the day at work so tough it out and relax at night with the meds. And some bourbon. A buddy is taking humira and he swears by it. Every once in a while he takes some prednisone to cure a flare. Can't wait until the 22nd for my visit to the ruemetologist, month off.

Yep, I think Vioxx and Bextra were some of the most effective NSAIDS on joint pain. Too bad their cardiac side effects got them canned.

An earlier poster mentioned an intolerance to Celebrex. That molecule has some similarity to sulfa antiobiotics and those with sulfa allergies sure don't want to take Celebrex. You can do a word search for Stevens Johnson Synd. Not that common, but can be really bad.

DF

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
DORVASAL. Everyone, write the name down, check it out on the internet. go to Pedro Negros, Mexico and buy it. You cannot buy it in the United States. My mother got to the point she could not do anything back in about 1969. Her doctor gave her the name of the clinic/hospital there, told her to contact them. She did and never had a problem with arthritus again until she died in 1997. I can down with it also back in about 1994, immediately started taking her medicine, and until today am tickled with the results. This is very importand. It is a major decision to pack up and go to Mexico. It really has to be to the point you are ready to do ANYTHING. Wallace Martin Warner Robins, Georgia email address: wallacem_2001yahoo.com Additional information: I just got this website you can contact the docotr to get help. This is the place. http://arthritis-pain-b-gone.com/

Last edited by Wallacem; 12/27/14.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.