Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi
As The Title name say's you do Not have to spend Big Money to get performance. Here is my CVA Magnum Hunter rifle shown & The Target shown was shot @ The 50 Yard line. I was sighting in my 3-9 Power scope using some Old Thompson sabbot style bullet's of 450 Grain weight and 95 Grains of Pyrodex Powder. I think this Old cheap CVA Liked those Bullets as the last two Holes shot cut each other's hole at Twelve-O-Clock and Inch high as shown. Regards, The General

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Can't complain about that! Now take it out to 100 and 150 and repeat!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Can't complain about that! Now take it out to 100 and 150 and repeat!

Hello Bigblock455
No need to our wood's are very thick here so 50 Yard's is about Maximum distance to shoot here... The General

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just keep in mind the manufacturer's powder and bullet size restrictions with CVA rifles.

Not sure if you received an owner's manual with your rifle. If needed, you can probably make a copy of it online, by entering your make and model number.

Looks like a great purchase in both looks and accuracy.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Just keep in mind the manufacturer's powder and bullet size restrictions with CVA rifles.

Not sure if you received an owner's manual with your rifle. If needed, you can probably make a copy of it online, by entering your make and model number.

Looks like a great purchase in both looks and accuracy.

Hello Triple se7en
This is their In Line Bolt action 209 Primed Magnum Hunter which can take 100 Grain's of Pyrodex Powder safely and shoot Bullet's of any design or weight or can shoot saboted bullets as well. These Gun's are very affordable and very accurate that is what I Like best about CVA Gun's they cost very little and Reward very big. I don't need an Owner's manual I have used black powder gun's for the past 30 Year's and never Exceed the Maximum Powder charge. At a 100 Grain's it is Not more accurate than using just 95 of which this gun seems to like very well so that is what it Get's. Regards, The General

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Glad to read you are an accomplished and well seasoned blackpowder rifle user.
Happy Trails General!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm shocked at you General. CVA is known garbage.

And you better read again of the restrictions that you think do not exist, because they do.

Some of BB455s favorite reads......

http://randywakeman.com/DangerousMuzzleloadersAHistory.htm

http://cvaguncases.com

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

And you better read again of the restrictions that you think do not exist, because they do.

Some of BB455s favorite reads......

http://randywakeman.com/DangerousMuzzleloadersAHistory.htm

http://cvaguncases.com

Hello
I am aware of the CVA Recall and my gun does not fall under those recalled it is a later made gun that has shot fine. I never Exceed the 95 Grain Loading of Pyrodex Powder in it even though they say Magnum Load's of 100 Grains are fine I do not load mine that high. I am very happy with my Gun it's breech plug is fine the Thread's are deep and it shows no signs of stress on the Thread's when I remove it for cleaning purposes. I know of several Black Powder gun's made in Spain most revolver's are of spanish make and they all seem to do fine. I am thinking that CVA may have had some issues at one time, That is what Prompted their recall but they are past that now and to me the CVA rifles are of decent construction rifle for the Money mine has a Bolt action and fires and perform's just fine so far... Regards, The General

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yeah, the 4 deer I killed this year were just downright disgusted that I had the temerity to shoot them with a CVA.......

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
good shooting General!

I have a CVA on the way and hope it shoots as easy as yours!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently, you chose not to read any of the dates and see that many problems have occurred, and lawsuits filed, LONG after the recall of which you speak.

Just don't wanna see with a breech plug lodged in your skull my friend.

Carry on......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Yeah, the 4 deer I killed this year were just downright disgusted that I had the temerity to shoot them with a CVA.......

As they should be.......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

As they should be.......

They probably should have, anyway............ but somehow, it seems they never had time before the lights went out....... wink

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 12/21/14.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The restriction isn't powder loads, but bullet weight. That's on the newer break open models. Not sure if it applies to your gun.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Apparently, you chose not to read any of the dates and see that many problems have occurred, and lawsuits filed, LONG after the recall of which you speak.

Just don't wanna see with a breech plug lodged in your skull my friend.

Carry on......

If it happens, he already has the ambulance to get himself to the ER

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snork...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarHunter
The restriction isn't powder loads, but bullet weight. That's on the newer break open models. Not sure if it applies to your gun.

Hello BarHunter
Mine is a Bolt action gun. I will check to make sure it has not been recalled but I belieeve that it was made way before they started having these issues with the CVA Guns Thank's, The General

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Oh no. I didn't mean your gun was recalled. I don't think it was.

I was talking about the restriction CVA put on heavy bullets being used. If you look in the manual for the latest CVA guns you'll see they don't recommend a bullet over 400gr being used. You're using a bullet that weighs 450gr. That's where the subject of restriction came up in this thread.

I think CVA is paranoid at this point, and play it safe. Their lawyers are probably setting the restrictions.

The bolt action is the strongest action in CF guns. I would hope that applies to your muzzleloader too, but that doesn't help is the barrel blows up.

So, be careful.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Its the magnum, that should be made well past the recall guns. Just look at the last 2 digits in the serial number.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Its the magnum, that should be made well past the recall guns. Just look at the last 2 digits in the serial number.

Hello bigblock455
I checked the serial number and my gun was made in 2002 and it is the Hunter Bolt Magnum Model. Regards, The General

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.