Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Anyone have any experience with this, especially in 243?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two. Good reliable rifles, but I have not tried a .243. Is yours the lightweight barrel model, or one of the 10T target barrel models?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great company! Westrom bucked the trend and sells to LE in ban states. Really great free advertising for Armalite if one of their rifles is ever used to keep civilians in those states from possessing a new manufactured Armalite.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
I
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Just considering buying one. Would be the light weight barrel one, used for hunting

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Great company! Westrom bucked the trend and sells to LE in ban states. Really great free advertising for Armalite if one of their rifles is ever used to keep civilians in those states from possessing a new manufactured Armalite.

Mark sold the company a little more than a year ago. The new company/owner has not been as good since. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did not know that. That is a shame.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by sherp

Mark sold the company a little more than a year ago. The new company/owner has not been as good since. kwg

Hey now, he is still involved:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rmalite-sold-sac-strategic-armory-corps/

"Strategic Armory Corps (SAC) have purchased ArmaLite, makers of the AR-10 semi-automatic rifle and .50 cal. AR-50 bolt action, from Mark Westrom. Strategic Armory Corps are better known by thier brand name Surgeon Rifles and AWC Silencers. Mark Westrom will remain an investor in SAC and will serve on its board."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...wont-stop-selling-to-gun-ban-state-leos/

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey TAK.. Did Rick flush your 4321 handle?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was July 2013. Mark is from the town I currently live in. He has some friends who have a local gun shop that I seem to spend too much time at. As per my connections, Mark has not set foot in the door at the factory in several months and he has not been involved in any sales or strategy meetings in a very long time.

They hinted that Mark was involved in a new project but would not elaborate. (Mark is a retired Army LTC along with his Armalite connection so I don't think money is an issue) I don't know if it's firearms related or not. I have several Armalite products but I haven't found anything lately I'm interested in. I like the old Armalite better than the new one right now.
kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 12/22/14.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
That was July 2013. Mark is from the town I currently live in. He has some friends who have a local gun shop that I seem to spend too much time at. As per my connections, Mark has not set foot in the door at the factory in several months and he has not been involved in any sales or strategy meetings in a very long time.

They hinted that Mark was involved in a new project but would not elaborate. (Mark is a retired Army LTC along with his Armalite connection so I don't think money is an issue) I don't know if it's firearms related or not. I have several Armalite products but I haven't found anything lately I'm interested in. I like the old Armalite better than the new one right now.
kwg

Well of course someone who retired from the Army would want his comrades in LE to have arms that are not legal for civilians.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
kwg020: I'm not an accountant or tax expert, but Mark Westrom may have decided may have decided that his income taxes would be lower if he changed his role in the business from Active Participant (or whatever the term of tax art may be) to the role of Passive Investor. Tax considerations seem to drive a lot of business decisions. I am merely suggesting a possibility; I have no actual knowledge of Mark Westrom's situation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TwentyTwo
kwg020: I'm not an accountant or tax expert, but Mark Westrom may have decided may have decided that his income taxes would be lower if he changed his role in the business from Active Participant (or whatever the term of tax art may be) to the role of Passive Investor. Tax considerations seem to drive a lot of business decisions. I am merely suggesting a possibility; I have no actual knowledge of Mark Westrom's situation.

This assessment seems logical. kwg

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,140 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,238
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.