Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Folks,
I thank one and all for your input and knowledge sharing . I called Geissele and they suggested the DMR model for my use . Right now they are scarce but I can wait . I did see one at the Oaks , PA gun show yesterday but it was previously in a rifle and no paper work . Plus the dealer wanted nib list price- I passed .

If anyone uses a DMR for other than competitive shooting please let me know .

Merry Christmas to all.
Soup

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Soup
Folks,
I thank one and all for your input and knowledge sharing . I called Geissele and they suggested the DMR model for my use . Right now they are scarce but I can wait . I did see one at the Oaks , PA gun show yesterday but it was previously in a rifle and no paper work . Plus the dealer wanted nib list price- I passed .

If anyone uses a DMR for other than competitive shooting please let me know .

Merry Christmas to all.
Soup

Yes, I have and it's a fantastic trigger. I've never felt a better one for an AR.

You need to go to RAINIER ARMS and order that trigger. If you buy it there they will include all the extra springs for free. You will essentially have a Service rifle, DMR and NM trigger in one pack. They are in stock too.

Just my thoughts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For a do all AR trigger I've been completely pleased with the SSA-E. I'm just getting into 3 gun but am impressed with the S3G single stage for all the reasons Blue mentioned. My precision AR has the SD-E straight blade and again I've got zero complaints.

All of mine came from Rainier Arms as they are 15 minutes from me.

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Folks,
I received an email from Geissele to let me know the DMR is now available
. Called them but they are unable to take a phone order from an individual at this time and requested I order thru their web site which I did with no issues . They ship Priority Mail at no charge . Hopefully I'll have it Monday .

NOW I'm in the market for a Leupold scope . I'm thinking a varible -matte finish and I would like to try a side focus -the key word is TRY . What I saw were very expensive . Anyone with some personal input here ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Soup

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Folks,
I received the DMR yesterday and installed it with no problems . The kit is complete and instructions clear . Compared to the stock trigger I had in the rifle it is fantastic . You can feel the 1st stage end and the crisp candy cane like break of the second stage is fantastic .
However the instructions state that you should adjust it , I like it just way it is . Has anyone installed a DMR and shot it just the way Geiselle set it up ? I figured I would wait to shoot it a bit before I did any adjusting .
Good shooting,
Soup

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks,
I received the DMR yesterday and installed it with no problems . The kit is complete and instructions clear . Compared to the stock trigger I had in the rifle it is fantastic . You can feel the 1st stage end and the crisp candy cane like break of the second stage is fantastic .
However the instructions state that you should adjust it , I like it just way it is . Has anyone installed a DMR and shot it just the way Geiselle set it up ? I figured I would wait to shoot it a bit before I did any adjusting .
Good shooting,
Soup

No, because it has an adjustable sear and I wanted to take full advantage of that feature. I also like like running the the NM first stage spring with the DMR second stage spring. Last but not least the second stage poundage is adjustable. I like mine to barely touch the second stage wall but still be able to hold there without the rifle firing. Between the 2nd stage spring adjustment and the adjustable sear engagement, I can achieve the perfect (for me) trigger.

Now, if you like it like it is then by all means, stick with it. The sear might be set up perfectly already.

Below is a link where Mr Geiselle himself walks you through the installation and adjustment process. It's a little dry but worth the time if you own the trigger.

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
TTT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks,
Good shooting,
Soup

I have the match rifle version which is I think the same trigger just with different springs. its capable of being geissele's lightest trigger. I too just installed the trigger as is and liked it where it was set. The problem is I got a double tap with it like that. I think another problem I had was my pull weights were inconsistent as well, sometimes it would be a 14 oz 2nd stage other times it would be 6 oz. It was difficult to shoot it like that. so on mine I adjusted the pull weight up so it was a full 1# second stage. Then I adjusted the sear engagement which IMO is a little difficult to get just right and may require some experimentation. The way mine is set at the moment I would actually probably like less sear engagement. your dealing with such small tolerances perhaps it might even change a bit after the trigger wears in?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 69 invisible), 3,105 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.