Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
Here's another thing.

How would the communists in a closed society even know about the actors or Hollywood and what would cause controversy?

They would get that info as a part of the hacking process.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if they weren't responsible. The question I have is concerning the release of the racially charged emails.

Why would a communist regime even consider stirring the pot with the release of those emails?

It just doesn't seem logical or make sense. This seems like the act of someone who has a beef with Sony and in particular the execs. I can understand the NORKs being being pizzed off about the release of a film that makes fun of their dear leader but the emails?

There's rumors that the hack wasn't necessarily a hack but the theft of an administrator's password. That would indicate an inside job.

???

It makes complete sense and is completely plausible to me.

The name of the game is leverage

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I couldn't figure out why all of the exposed emails concerning actors' character flaws and other extraneous BS if it was a hack job my the NORKS. If they were pizzed off about the movie and could hack the syster, why not just shut it down or fill the space with NORK propaganda?

Something doesn't pass the smell test here.

Ed

You know how in a hostage situation, you require "proof of life"?

Private emails are that proof of life, or proof of hack.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by WildWest
Now they are saying they will attack the Pentagon and WH. I wonder if they can hack the electrical grid and this is a way of showing they can and extorting US?

They say this kind of stuff all the time. Any time we do drills with South Korea, or mention that their Dear Leader is a dictator, or whatever. Going to blow up the entire US, or Hawaii, or Guam, or Washington...

[Linked Image]

Which is why I can believe the hack was by them, and at the same time not believe that they are going to blow up a movie theater in L.A.

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the issues I've heard in regards to a counter cyber attack by the US is it will reveal our capabilities. The NORKs (or whoever) would do the same type of analysis that we do when someone hacks into one of our computer systems. You find where the vulnerabilities are and a way to stop the next attack.

Would we/should we use that option now or wait until a far more serious attack occurred?

Would it make you nervous if I told you that private hackers and the Government have been more and more cozy lately?

The head of the NSA and CyberCom was a guest speaker at DefCon and BlackHat this year and last.

They wouldn't have to reveal the government's capability when they can elicit the help of the hacker community at large.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, on the other side of the coin.

If I were to do a false flag with the secret mindset to continue to attack China in the cyber world, it would look similar to this....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the issues I've heard in regards to a counter cyber attack by the US is it will reveal our capabilities. The NORKs (or whoever) would do the same type of analysis that we do when someone hacks into one of our computer systems. You find where the vulnerabilities are and a way to stop the next attack.

Would we/should we use that option now or wait until a far more serious attack occurred?

Nothing we do will expose any serious capabilities we have. It's almost assured that North Korea internet infrastructure can be shut down or anyplace inside hacked with probably simpler attacks than was used against Sony.

The appropriate response would be to infiltrate their government computers with about a dozen different morphone rootkits, making them reinstall every single Windows95 computer from floppy.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

611 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,274
Posts18,448,369
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.