Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I would quickly re-asses my thoughts concerning my standing with the public, especially the criminal types. I would realize that less and less people of all types are losing their respect and fear for me and are becoming less willing to do as I say when I yell at them to "git on the graound" or sit down on the curb or willingly allow me to search their car knowing that I will do my best to wreck the interior. And that wherever I may be, there are several video cameras pointing at me from several angels so if I start punching and beating on someone I will be reported.

A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job. The way he conducted himself is bad enough but for other cops to hold up for guys that act in that manner is completely ridiculous. That adds more to the "us against them" attitude.

And I would try at all times to be on high alert and never let my guard down. It is very sad that the two that were assassinated in NYC were so quickly and easily taken out of the picture by one demented person.

No, I'm not a cop and never have been. I have some very good friends that are police of some kind that I have a lot of respect for and also know a few that are as sorry an excuse for a lawman as anybody could be.

Ya'll be careful out there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I worked as an LEO for 5 years....until I started my aviation business and enjoyed the service but not the politics involved!! IMO today the upper echelon of police agencies doing the vetting....need to be vetted!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
No, I'm not a cop and never have been.

Wow...who'd a guessed? Thanks for the advice.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job.

To be more accurate, the old man wasn't black. He was a Meskin.

Cop isn't fired yet. The Texas Rangers are investigating. The outcome of his disposition as LEO is still pending.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Guess that means you will never offer advice to a civilian then huh?

Montana MOFO
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio

You have the right to remain silent.

good advice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Only if I know something about their needs. If you need to know something about fishing or cooking...I'm your man. Oh...and about being a cop, of course.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The end game is not for the citizens to lose respect for the LEO's the end game is for the LEO's to lose all respect for the citizens.

If they can accomplish that anything will fly, gun confiscation included. Once we lose their respect the relationship is broken and the police will become a tool of the state to be used against the public.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last time I checked, we get paid by tax payers, and not through the people you guys put in Washington. Respect is a two way street. Some earn it, some don't.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Lol...those haven't or can't always know a better way....

Dink

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was brought up to have respect for people until they show you they don't deserve it. I don't care if it is a guy behind the counter at McDonald's, a Minister or a Senator. I'm pretty far down the road and it has worked well so far.

Harry
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by DINK

Lol...those haven't or can't always know a better way....

Dink

There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....which is why there have been an increasing amount of trouble between them and the public.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I was brought up to have respect for people until they show you they don't deserve it. I don't care if it is a guy behind the counter at McDonald's, a Minister or a Senator. I'm pretty far down the road and it has worked well so far.

Well sure. Only a miserble person would do otherwise. Of course, the world is full of miserable people who love company.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M

There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....which is why there have been an increasing amount of trouble between them and the public.

More words of wisdom from The Office.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I have more.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would quickly re-asses my thoughts concerning my standing with the public, especially the criminal types. I would realize that less and less people of all types are losing their respect and fear for me and are becoming less willing to do as I say when I yell at them to "git on the graound" or sit down on the curb or willingly allow me to search their car knowing that I will do my best to wreck the interior. And that wherever I may be, there are several video cameras pointing at me from several angels so if I start punching and beating on someone I will be reported.

A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job. The way he conducted himself is bad enough but for other cops to hold up for guys that act in that manner is completely ridiculous. That adds more to the "us against them" attitude.

And I would try at all times to be on high alert and never let my guard down. It is very sad that the two that were assassinated in NYC were so quickly and easily taken out of the picture by one demented person.

No, I'm not a cop and never have been. I have some very good friends that are police of some kind that I have a lot of respect for and also know a few that are as sorry an excuse for a lawman as anybody could be.

Ya'll be careful out there.

That's a very reasoned post.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Pat, you are one reason it's"us against them". You serve us, your employer, we don't serve you, our employee. If you can't or won't take advice from your employer you ultimately will be fired by your employer one way or another.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I am a degreed chemist with a minor in business. If my company needs to hire a chemist they hire a degreed chemist and not one that wants to be a chemist.

Not a put down at all but then tell me what skills/education/requirements are involved in being a LEO?

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The older cop helping train a rookie on probation PROBABLY makes his assessment based on several factors. "Would I want him 'going thru a door with me" [ I think that's the right term ] would be on his list.

A rookie who grades well in that assessment might be a tad "too Rambo" to make an ideal cop.

But, if I wuz a cop, I'd probably label him a keeper.

So.......... the Rambos well be with us forever.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Pat, you are one reason it's"us against them". You serve us, your employer, we don't serve you, our employee. If you can't or won't take advice from your employer you ultimately will be fired by your employer one way or another.

There are something like 461,000 local police officers, and 320 million civilians in the US.

Any cop that took advice from each individual citizen out of the 750 that he serves should be fired.

You're not even the 1%, derby.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 76 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.