-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many belong to Romo, or the Cowboys in that eleven ring timeframe?

You are skipping all around the point, so I will ask it another way. Do you think any of those teams would have won a super bowl with another quarterback? No other change, just the quarterback. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
How many belong to Romo, or the Cowboys in that eleven ring timeframe?

You are skipping all around the point, so I will ask it another way. Do you think any of those teams would have won a super bowl with another quarterback? No other change, just the quarterback. miles

Haha ok bud point being even the ones who haven't one a SB are pure pocket passers. Wilson as some say greatest QB ever to grace the nfl won't last much longer if he keeps on doing what he does. I think the AFC teams learned from this type offense in the nfc and geared defenses better towards it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Wilson as some say greatest QB ever to grace the nfl won't last much longer if he keeps on doing what he does. I think the AFC teams learned from this type offense in the nfc and geared defenses better towards it.

Anyone who really believes that is truly an ignorant idiot!

Last edited by byc; 12/22/14. Reason: forgot ignorant

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by 79S
Wilson as some say greatest QB ever to grace the nfl won't last much longer if he keeps on doing what he does. I think the AFC teams learned from this type offense in the nfc and geared defenses better towards it.

Anyone who really believes that is a real idiot!

Yes, he is.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenjs1
NFL Quarterback ratings as of this minute.

RK PLAYER PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR
1 Tony Romo, DAL 81.3 3.3 -18.8 4.3 70.1 497 95.0 55.4 82.3
2 Aaron Rodgers, GB 86.7 10.2 -17.0 5.5 85.4 618 114.8 65.6 81.2
3 Peyton Manning, DEN 86.6 -1.7 -9.6 4.0 79.4 613 112.8 63.9 80.8
4 Tom Brady, NE 80.1 3.6 -11.7 6.5 78.5 678 109.3 55.2 75.4
5 Ben Roethlisberger, PIT 87.4 -1.1 -19.2 5.2 72.3 668 102.8 49.6 73.5
6 Eli Manning, NYG 80.1 1.8 -16.4 5.1 70.6 645 97.2 45.8 72.7
7 Drew Brees, NO 85.9 2.4 -16.7 7.7 79.3 723 107.8 50.2 72.2
8 Matt Ryan, ATL 81.0 2.9 -16.4 1.5 69.1 682 96.3 42.0 70.0
9 Philip Rivers, SD 77.2 0.0 -16.0 7.7 68.9 659 91.6 39.0 69.3
10 Joe Flacco, BAL 58.5 1.2 -12.5 12.1 59.3 616 82.4 33.3 67.8

So...
Where did the Supermidget Russell Wilson end up on this list if all the QB's that played were listed?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
brothelbart: YOU may have the mistaken impression that Russell Carrington Wilson is a "super-midget"?
But many hundreds of N.F.L. players who have competed against him certainly have a different opinion of this Super-Bowl winning quarterback, from a small market team!
He IS a great quarterback - I could care less where his "rankings" may place him!
To deny that in any way shape or form is idiotic.
I again refer to last nights MASSACRE of an 11-3 league leading team by Wilson and the Seahawks - on that teams HOME field by what you refer to as a super-midget!
Foolish statement by you, that!
Sheesh.
Russell Wilson led the Seahawks to that 35 to 6 trouncing - and led his team to 600 yards of offense!!!
Lots of superlatives could and should be used to describe Russell Carrington Wilson but your description is laughable, immature and baseless.
GO HAWKS!
I wonder who will win tonights game (Denver at Cincinnati)?
I have learned my "lesson" this season I am VERY hesitant to predict wins or losses in the N.F.L. anymore.
I prefer to cheer for my favorites and enjoy their efforts.
GO HAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
okok, is our version of the ugly fan

lots of them in whatever city has a good/great team.

but Seattle has a very impressive defense, very, they rate well with the best defenses we've seen in a league that has done everything in it's power to favor the offense.

tis impressive to this observer of the game.

but dynasty, too early to tell, and to hard to define

only modern day dynasty I've seen is the Patriots, and again in a league made to enhance parity, it's even more impressive.

I just like to watch good football and it's a rare opportunity to see what a truly great defense looks like watching Seattle.

wouldn't want to bet against them at this point.

glad to see Romo getting some props, but Tony has helped himself, along with his team creating the image of him as coming up short in big games.

they looked impressive last couple of games, but I don't see Indy or Philly as cream of the NFL crop currently.

course AZ with a 3rd string qb is not cream of the crop either

but the body of work by the Sea. D has been impressive the last 5 games or so.

should be a good game if Dallas/Sea is to be, but looks like it will be in Seattle again.

pretty tough place to try and catch lightning in a bottle twice.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by kenjs1
NFL Quarterback ratings as of this minute.

So...
Where did the Supermidget Russell Wilson end up on this list if all the QB's that played were listed?

Last I heard Wilson had almost 800 yards rushing. That schit ain't listed but it'll beat yer ass when you play them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He's got 845 yards rushing and is averaging 7.5/carry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wilson was at 11. Or 20. I don't know I got bored reading so far down the list.
laugh

All, I really don't care. I am a Dallas fan but don't live vicariously through them . Seattle and GB and Cards may be better overall but the outcome depends on who is healthy and of course- the breaks of the game which is the fun bit. Of course Russell is very good. Running QB's 'tend' to fade fast though. Scrambling QB's are different. Romo has always been a great scrambler. Tarkington-esque. This year has slowed him a little because the guy has been playing with a broke back and busted ribs but still managed to have the highest rating in the league. so... Not saying he is the greatest but he damn sure has earned some respect. A better O line and much needed run play calling matter. Seems like they finally got that.

Gut feeling says whoever wins hawks-packs will be playing Brady.

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/22/14.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
brothelbart: YOU may have the mistaken impression that Russell Carrington Wilson is a "super-midget"?
But many hundreds of N.F.L. players who have competed against him certainly have a different opinion of this Super-Bowl winning quarterback, from a small market team!
He IS a great quarterback - I could care less where his "rankings" may place him!
To deny that in any way shape or form is idiotic.
I again refer to last nights MASSACRE of an 11-3 league leading team by Wilson and the Seahawks - on that teams HOME field by what you refer to as a super-midget!
Foolish statement by you, that!
Sheesh.
Russell Wilson led the Seahawks to that 35 to 6 trouncing - and led his team to 600 yards of offense!!!
Lots of superlatives could and should be used to describe Russell Carrington Wilson but your description is laughable, immature and baseless.
GO HAWKS!
I wonder who will win tonights game (Denver at Cincinnati)?
I have learned my "lesson" this season I am VERY hesitant to predict wins or losses in the N.F.L. anymore.
I prefer to cheer for my favorites and enjoy their efforts.
GO HAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The Seahawks will lose the first playoff game they play in this season.
I hope you are still tooting his horn(or crank like okok does) after that loss.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A better O line and much needed run play calling matter. Seems like they finally got that.

And the defense is better than expected. It all helps make a win. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ho Hum.

Is there some games on?

I'll probably just call coyotes........

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
So after reading a few articles bashing Lynch about not talking to the media. He was getting fined for saying nothing, so he has started responding to every question by saying "thanks for asking" and "yeah". It has the sports writers furious.

My question is why?

I would much rather have more like him. Someone who goes out and does his job without feeling the need to telling the world how bad as he is (Richard Sherman).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As most here already know, I am no fan of the Seahawks BUT, I am a fan of M. Lynch. He's got a good heart and only wants to play football without all the hype that goes with it.

This article speaks a lot about him as a man and not the player.

Marshawn Lynch

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you ask me, it's not the team and Lynch that annoy us all.

I would love to have anyone of those players if not the entire team in the burgundy and gold.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O'cock is to the SeaHawks what Bowsinger is to Sarah Palin.

That said, Russell is a flat out stud at quarterback. He a better Rogers than Rogers is. He is what Vick and RGIII want to be. I'd take him over Brady or Manning.

The kid can fuggin' play.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Over Brady, no way, over Manning, probably.

Better than Rodgers? That's crazy talk right there. Rodgers has a much better arm than Wilson and his accuracy is off the charts.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Over Brady, no way, over Manning, probably.

Better than Rodgers? That's crazy talk right there. Rodgers has a much better arm than Wilson and his accuracy is off the charts.

I'd take him over Brady too, right now. Brady might only have a couple of years left and I'd take another decade or more of elite QB play over a couple years any day.

With both in their prime with what we know now I'd take Brady, but that might change by the end of Wilson's career as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brady and Manning are past their prime and both are very one dimensional. For sure two of the best pocket QB's ever, but they are awful when pushed outside.

Rogers may be more accurate, but Wilson is accurate enough. He hardly ever turns the ball over. Outside the pocket I'll take Wilson.

Maybe I'm wrong.......time will tell.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

554 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.