Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[quote=dave284]+1. That and the 3.5 - 10 x 40 AO are prolly my 2 favorites for rimfires.

Dave. [/quote The 3.5 x 10 A.O. Leupold is my hands down choice for squirrel hunting-usually keep it on 5x and very seldom go lower,but often go up to 10x to pick out that eyball thru the hickory leaves.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Is this the perfect rimfire scope????

Maybe for you, personally, I'm kinda partial to this one. Bushnell Elite 6-24X40
[Linked Image]

Oh, and I have a 8-32X40 Bushnell Elite on my CZ 455. grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bhemry
Is this the perfect rimfire scope????

Maybe for you, personally, I'm kinda partial to this one. Bushnell Elite 6-24X40
[Linked Image]How do you get by without a 12" sunshade on that?

Oh, and I have a 8-32X40 Bushnell Elite on my CZ 455. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How do you get by without a 12" sunshade on that?

Since you asked.. it is a wee bit long with the sunshade. wink
[Linked Image]

Being serious, I did find a picture of the CZ with that same scope, where it now resides without the sunshade. 3 Bushnell Elites top to bottom: 8-32X, 6-24X, & 4-16X, all 40 mm.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Damn those are big.

I don't need 24 or 30 power to kill squirrels

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I hunt with a Winchester 52R, it is a Zanders heavy barrel gun, I am using a Leupold 4.5 x 14 ,40 AO with fine X duplex. The rig has a big gun ,heavy feel but I shoot it very well off hand. I usually nail my tree rat before the to heavy sets in! I love the rig and it will be with me to the end. very best WinPoor

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Can not be perfect....
Reticle is in the 2nd. focal plane.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
VX2 4x12 AO works good for paper and hunting!

and the VX2 3x9EFR are the best IMHO.

Weaver V16 or ClearRidge 3X9 if you need to save a little $$$.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quarter inch clicks are a little crude.

1Minute
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Never used a Vortex. Do have a Leupold VX-2 Rimfire scope on my NULA Model 20 .22LR which I was satisfied with until I tried the Meopta 3-9R/M. I have since ordered a Meopta. Kindest regards.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks pretty neat but at a MSRP of nearly $500.....I'd have to go with the VX2-EFR's as well. A cheaper alternative to that is the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR - Nice scope for $180.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bhemry
How do you get by without a 12" sunshade on that?

Since you asked.. it is a wee bit long with the sunshade. wink
[Linked Image]

Being serious, I did find a picture of the CZ with that same scope, where it now resides without the sunshade. 3 Bushnell Elites top to bottom: 8-32X, 6-24X, & 4-16X, all 40 mm.
[Linked Image]

Holy gawdamnned fhuqk,this is amongst THE most stupid fhuqking schit I've ever seen!! WOW!!!

Absolutely botched mounting,sheer and utter dog schit glass,miserable zero retention and dismal erector travel(which doesn't even track)...you must really get after it?!? Laffin'!!

1000 words...even though CZ's suck ass.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can focus down to (10) yards,reap more adjustment on the windshield,than the entire POS 8-32X has top to bottom and have 180MOA+ total to throw in the mix. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Less touching anything and if wishing to rock Retrostalgic,one could zero and drive 15 Mils of elevation subtension(which from a 50yd zero will grant 350yds of immediate opportunity on a 22LR(40AE's at 1290/sealevel). Yes...I realize how many light years,that flies over your pointy head.

Where do you AMAZINGLY dumb fhuqkers come from?

Shaking my head.

Easy to arrange inclination on OEM 10/22's and the various dupes,whether integral or D&T'd.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Laffin'!

['dendum: as The Paper Hat Brigade assembles)

I'll feign my "surprise" that you CLUELESS Whining Kchunts frantically skirted ALL things The Rifle and went to waxing eloquent with your Vagina Monologues instead. Congratulations?!?

You'll wanna shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same...if only because you STUPID fhuqkers have been led to water.

Or whine instead.

Laffin'!

Bless your hearts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thankfully, not wherever you are.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Boxer

Help is available. Modern treatment for serious attention seeking psychiatric disorders, such as you obviously have, doesn't necessarily include a frontal lobotomy.

There is nothing to fear except fear itself, so I urge you to seek the help you so desperately need, as soon as possible. However, before proceeding with your treatment, please check your medical insurance cover because it will take some time and be very expensive.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Boxer

Holy gawdamnned fhuqk,this is amongst THE most stupid fhuqking schit I've ever seen!! WOW!!!

Absolutely botched mounting,sheer and utter dog schit glass,miserable zero retention and dismal erector travel(which doesn't even track)...you must really get after it?!? Laffin

You can focus down to (10) yards,reap more adjustment on the windshield,than pthe entire POS 8-32X has top to bottom and have 180MOA+ total to throw in the

Less touching anything and if wishing to rock Retrostalgic,one could zero and drive 15 Mils of elevation subtension(which from a 50yd zero will grant 350yds of immediate opportunity on a 22LR(40AE's at 1290/sealevel). Yes...I realize how many light years,that flies over your pointy head.

Shaking my head.

Easy to arrange inclination on OEM 10/22's and the various dupes,whether integral or D&T'd.

Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that you CLUELESS Whining Kchunts frantically skirted ALL things The Rifle and went to waxing eloquent with your Vagina Monologues instead. Congratulations?!?

You'll wanna shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same...if only because you STUPID fhuqkers have been led to water.

Or whine instead.

Laffin

Absolutely botched mounting,sheer and utter dog schit glass,miserable zero retention and dismal erector travel(which doesn't even track)...you must really get after it?!? Laffin'!!

1000 words...even though CZ's suck ass.

You can focus down to (10) yards,reap more adjustment on the windshield,than the entire POS 8-32X has top to bottom and have 180MOA+ total to throw in the mix. Hint

Shaking my head.

Laffin'!

Or whine instead.

Laffin'!

Bless your hearts.

This guy is either off his Meds or he is going to have one hell of a hangover in the morning. . .

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You may want to try some of his "meds" like the 1407R and a SS 10X.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
You may want to try some of his "meds" like the 1407R and a SS 10X.

That's OK, my Voelker 40X, Annie 54, various 541's and Win 52 suit me just fine. Besides, what does owning nice equipment have to do with acting like an @$$ hole and being rude to people?

Edited to add: I just went and looked at some of his prior posts. Whoo boy! eek

Pretty sure that somewhere out there, there are many men dressed in white lab coats and carrying large nets desperately searching for that guy. . . crazy

Last edited by Dryfly24; 01/15/15.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Pretty sure that somewhere out there, there are many men dressed in white lab coats and carrying large nets desperately searching for that guy. . . crazy

They aren't to bright then because everyone knows where he lives and works.

You don't have to like him. But he has a boatload of real world knowledge. If you took the time to listen I am sure you would learn a thing or two from him.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

They aren't to bright then because everyone knows where he lives and works.

You don't have to like him. But he has a boatload of real world knowledge. If you took the time to listen I am sure you would learn a thing or two from him.

I don't glorify people who talk down to others just because they happen to own cool toys. You feel free to if you want to though. By the way, not "everyone" knows where he works or lives. After reading his nonsensical ramblings I'm not sure many want to know either. . .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 01/15/15.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am not glorifying him. I admit he can be brash. I don't judge him not my job. I dam surely haven't walked a mile in his shoes. But like anyone else that has good solid information to offer I listen.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 32 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.