Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't think you were a cop.

Most cops have revealed themselves as cops before they make very many posts. They have their little code words,"on the job", "lacing up" etc. that they use so they don't inadvertantly badmouth one of the brethern. grin

Yeah... I'm sure we would get along fine if our trails cross.

I bred Blackmouth Curs for about 20 years and learned a lot about the other Cur breeds in the process.

I'd start a thread about them but it would shortly be inundated with cut and paste crap off the internet.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A good WORKING dog don't care what color he is, In fact, the black in BMC refers to the INSIDE of the mouth, but most puppy mills focused on a black mask.

But a good breeder learns that good dogs are produced by breeding REAL close up. When you do that, and cull properly, you're gonna get consistency in color. Over time, that became "yeller" [not to be confused with yellow]

The unquestionable trademark of the BMC is his working style. He is a front end bay dog as opposed to Heelers, Border Collies and such.

He shares this attribute with Lacy Curs.

And both breeds are marked by athleticism. They have to be extremely agile to survive the work they do among range cattle.

They are silent on track but should have really good mouths once they bay their quarry.

What makes for a good cowdog makes for a good hog dog as far as BMC are concerned.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd read, even the cut and paste...

On street fights, I don't have an issue with em much. But I'd sure think the smarter thing to do is have a house fight in the back yard.... much safer all around...

Can't say that I ever saw a street fight here, close a couple of times but never made it

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
right, shatp.

So does that mean I was a hater when I noticed an excessively aggressive arrest?

Seeing that my duty, first and foremost, was as a paramedic, and taking physical insult to the human body as a serious concern, but only recalling one instance where an arrestee required medical care related to his arrest, I think its safe to say either things changed dramatically over the past decade + OR optionally, you are over-dramatizing.

The latter being a huge issue, because the situation definitely needs adjusting, but your efforts focus it in an entirely unproductive manner.

Yes, if you did not like the way an officer did something to a civilian then you are a cop hater.

The only thing that has changed in the last 10 years is the video recording. We need to do away with it so we can get back to the officers' words being the only thing that matters. Take any claim from malcontents of decades ago and it can be used to narrate the incident with a modern day video"victim" (better, and once upon a time, described as the perp). The only silver lining is officer's are still rarely punished due to this technological demon, but unfortunately so many of their collars are unjustly let go where as in years past they would be incarcerated for years on the word of the officer. We need to get back to that time of high morale for police.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sherp

Yes, if you did not like the way an officer did something to a civilian then you are a cop hater.

The only thing that has changed in the last 10 years is the video recording. We need to do away with it so we can get back to the officers' words being the only thing that matters. Take any claim from malcontents of decades ago and it can be used to narrate the incident with a modern day video"victim" (better, and once upon a time, described as the perp). The only silver lining is officer's are still rarely punished due to this technological demon, but unfortunately so many of their collars are unjustly let go where as in years past they would be incarcerated for years on the word of the officer. We need to get back to that time of high morale for police.

Wow.

Just when I was firmly convinced your posts were meant to do nothing more than stir up sh*t you post something worthwhile.

IC B2

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Are you a cop?

Reason I ask is 'cause I use the "watched users" function here to identify the forum members who are cops. It puts a little magnifying glass next to their names when they post.

I'd hate to leave you out if you belong.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you do this?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by LBP

Are you a cop?

Reason I ask is 'cause I use the "watched users" function here to identify the forum members who are cops. It puts a little magnifying glass next to their names when they post.

Because he's a bigot. He hates cops for some reason.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think he hates cops. He's just old and crotchety and bitter about his misspent youth.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

Are you a cop?

Truthfully, it makes it easier to see which cops actually just outright condemn some of the REALLY bad cop behavior without doing the shuck and jive "bad video angle,etc." bullschitt.

It happens more often than you'd think, but it's mostly the same ones over and over.

Some, like Maggiedood and DINK, have never seen a cop do ANYTHING they couldn't justify. And they don't believe non-cops are qualified to pass judgement on the actions of the Police.

And when a magnifying glass shows up on other type threads, I can get a better idea if they are sort of OK in spite of their line of work.

That's about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I don't think he hates cops. He's just old and crotchety and bitter about his misspent youth.

grin

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

grin

You'll never know if I'm against or for illegal actions carried out by LEOs. I'm telling you right now I condemn LEOs who go beyond what is acceptable and necessary. It's against the law, violates the person's rights and makes the jobs of his/her coworkers harder to perform. I've said that before but apparently you're convinced I'm lying. Fine. I've been staying away from these threads because it's always the same posters opposing one another. It's almost as if there's a template that everyone follows regardless of a good, insightful point made by either side. In fact, unless you're a criminal, citizen or LEO, we shouldn't BE on different sides. But, you've had your mind made up about me a long time ago and nothing I say will make any difference. With that said, there are times you are going to believe an LEO did something criminal, and I will honestly believe the LEO did what he/she did for a valid reason. I base my opinions on my experience as a Texas LEO, any stories linked and on the discussion as it progresses. I.e., Ethan and I were at one another's throat 5 years ago; today I value his opinion. I can understand what he means and I can imagine myself in his shoes, and find myself agreeing with him more and more. However, you are intractable so I quit bothering with trying to get you to see things from another viewpoint long ago - you can't and you won't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Magnumdood. I appreciate it.

I also will say with no hesitation that to sum it up, Magnumdood is one of the good guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you a cop?

Congrats, you just surpassed Hawkeye for board loon of the month of December.
Your prize is a 108 channel police and emergency scanner, with adjustable gain and clutter reduction.

Keep vigilant, it's up to all of us.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

Are you a cop?

Truthfully, it makes it easier to see which cops actually just outright condemn some of the REALLY bad cop behavior without doing the shuck and jive "bad video angle,etc." bullschitt.

It happens more often than you'd think, but it's mostly the same ones over and over.

Some, like Maggiedood and DINK, have never seen a cop do ANYTHING they couldn't justify. And they don't believe non-cops are qualified to pass judgement on the actions of the Police.

And when a magnifying glass shows up on other type threads, I can get a better idea if they are sort of OK in spite of their line of work.

That's about it.

Fair enough.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, to sum up the original topic:

Most agencies train their cops to keep stating, "Stop resisting" in case the subject can't hear and/or any recording devices can confirm the officer did say it. It is a case law reaction.

However, case law does say you have the right to resist unnecessary force.

Cops are allowed to use the necessary force to overcome resistance and make the arrest. The interesting part is how to define "necessary". It will include all the factors in the case, ie, the severity of the crime, the size of the people involved, etc. If the case is political or high profile, the cop gets screwed.

I have only had to wrestle and yell that stuff when dealing with drunks or stupid thugs. The thugs do have a lot of friends with cell phones that record video. It keeps a lot of cops in line with policy, but does put us in danger. Some one posted, "If you work in he monkey cage, expect a lot of schit thrown at you." He was right. But I don't see a lot of guys willing to do this job. There are truly evil people out there.

It is really good to hear offers of help from good citizens when dealing with the bad ones. My partner and I had to wrestle a meth crazed psycho who tried to kidnap a schoolkid (ten years old) from the front of the school. During the brawl I saw that 5 urban hipsters were filming the fight, but only one old guy jumped in to help subdue the knucklehead that put up a freakishly good fight. One other anonymous hipster called 9-1-1 to get us more help but the others were stating that they were going to sue the old guy because his actions "traumatized" them.

They can't write better stuff than this in Hollywood.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Be careful tonight. I hear you guys are expecting a party.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I miss the good ol' days when things were simpler and there was a lot less jabber...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Most agencies train their cops to keep stating, "Stop resisting" in case the subject can't hear and/or any recording devices can confirm the officer did say it. It is a case law reaction.

Cops are allowed to use the necessary force to overcome resistance and make the arrest. The interesting part is how to define "necessary". It will include all the factors in the case, ie, the severity of the crime, the size of the people involved, etc. If the case is political or high profile, the cop gets screwed.

I have only had to wrestle and yell that stuff when dealing with drunks or stupid thugs. The thugs do have a lot of friends with cell phones that record video. It keeps a lot of cops in line with policy, but does put us in danger. Some one posted, "If you work in he monkey cage, expect a lot of schit thrown at you." He was right. But I don't see a lot of guys willing to do this job. There are truly evil people out there.

It is really good to hear offers of help from good citizens when dealing with the bad ones. My partner and I had to wrestle a meth crazed psycho who tried to kidnap a schoolkid (ten years old) from the front of the school. During the brawl I saw that 5 urban hipsters were filming the fight, but only one old guy jumped in to help subdue the knucklehead that put up a freakishly good fight. One other anonymous hipster called 9-1-1 to get us more help but the others were stating that they were going to sue the old guy because his actions "traumatized" them.

I'd be scared to jump in, except around here where I know almost all the LEO folks from DPS on down.... I would not want LEO thinking I"m helping the thug or attacking them somehow.
Plus I"m getting old enough I"d just as soon shoot someone, rather than get in a fight... that wouldn't be good. Well maybe not but the way my body hurts most days....

I'd not hesitate to have jumped in years ago, but IMHO LEO jobs are much more dangerous these days than they used to be.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

I'd be scared to jump in, except around here where I know almost all the LEO folks from DPS on down.... I would not want LEO thinking I"m helping the thug or attacking them somehow.
Plus I"m getting old enough I"d just as soon shoot someone, rather than get in a fight... that wouldn't be good. Well maybe not but the way my body hurts most days....

I'd not hesitate to have jumped in years ago, but IMHO LEO jobs are much more dangerous these days than they used to be.

Cops' jobs ARE more dangerous now around here than they were 30-40 years ago, and - remarking on your post - ANYONE getting in a scrap nowadays is at more risk of serious bodily harm than was the case back then.

A lot of my "misspent youth" Blue referred to was in the old County line beer joints that were common in Texas. Being on the County line in this part of Texas meant they were about 15 miles from either County Seat.

Beer joints being what they were, fights were commonplace, and the Sheriff left it up to the owner of the joint to deal with 'em. The ones inside the joint were dealt with by application of blackjack or club, so most disagreements were settled outside where the owner wouldn't intervene.

There was a sort of code of conduct which governed the fights and a Cardinal rule was that the only "weapons" allowed were what you were born with.

That all changed early 'eighties when J L waded into a brawl INSIDE his place between some Mexican and White cedar hackers.He got cut"long, wide, and intentional" as the saying goes, but survived.

Allowing towns, instead of Counties and Precincts, to vote in the sale of alcohol pretty much did away with the old roadhouses about the same time.

Sheriff John Edwards kept the peace in this County for 20 years with one deputy and John never wore a gun. Those times are gone, forever, I expect.

It's easy to say that "times have changed". But what that really means is that our "culture" has changed. Even that is not accurate, since what really is different is that new "cultures" have emerged, and none of the new ones are good.

I believe Law Enforcement, in general, has responded wrongly to the culture changes. You have tried to preserve a kindred spirit among ALL LEO's which may have been appropriate in simpler times, but exists only in some fantasy world now.

Big city cops inhabit a world far different from small town cops, and their manner of dealing with the citizenry of the city may be appropriate. Perhaps a "us vs. them" mentality is inescapable in that environment.

But instead of different "cop cultures" emerging to deal with the different cultures where they operate, this "kindred spirit" has resulted in a mindset among ALL cops which is entirely inappropriate for the task at hand.

Trying to define ONE root cause of a complicated problem requires painting in extremely broad brushstrokes and espousing sweeping generalities, and that's what I've done in this post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curdog, the sheer mobility of people today made certain that the trouble migrates. The places with the most savage crimes and highest rates have a very high indigneous population. When one has to roots or ties, the people in question act FAR FAR worse than if they had roots in the area. A uniformity of sorts was bound to happen in the inside of police work attitude wise.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 70 invisible), 3,536 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,400
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.