Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Hey Gang,

Anyone out there recently hunted in Arkansas. A group of us are heading that way next weekend and we are wondering how things are going out there. We will be hunting south of Stuttgart.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck with your hunt; let us hear about it when you return. I have got to get back to Arkansas - maybe next season!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flooded timber down that way is on my list of must do before I croak.

Me

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
A good flooded timber hunt has to be one of the best hunts for anything in North America, imho.

B
B
Well to tell you the truth the duck hunting in Arkansas so far has not been very good. I live in Arkansas and don't get me wrong there are some out there killing ducks mostly mix bag. I know the weather has not been right for this time of year, plus not a lot of rain to find a spot to hunt in. It started off looking good I went out opening morning with a friend and we shot 7 ducks and that's been it so far. And those 7 ducks did not want to be called to they came in on there own. I have some folks that have gone hunting and yet to pull the trigger if that tells you anything. We are expecting to get a cold front this week, maybe that will bring down some birds. I hope so! So good luck to you.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
It looks like things may freeze up this weekend. Our buddies out there are wanting us to wait until next weekend if possible. Bummer!!!!!!

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
We have a lease in the Brinkley area and it's been pretty good this year. Will be down there for 4 days over next weekend. We get a real mixed bag, which I enjoy. Green heads, pins, teal, a few redheads, widgeon, and the "always elusive" smiling mallards.

B
B
I am going to Brinkley this Friday 1-9-15. My Dad and Uncle have a cabin there. I will post my hunting story if its worth posting. Yea, this weekend not looking too good weather wise, but that's way I am going Friday.

B
B
I went but did not have any luck. Saw some ducks but did not want to be where I was at. Fields and Bayou was froze up. Only open water was the Cache and the White river. I did see two men that shot their limit on the Cache river.

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Badduckhunter
I went but did not have any luck. Saw some ducks but did not want to be where I was at. Fields and Bayou was froze up. Only open water was the Cache and the White river. I did see two men that shot their limit on the Cache river.

I am sorry to hear that your hunt did not go well. Arkansas can be a feast or famine situation. The Carolina coast can be even worse. We leave tomorrow afternoon and hunt Friday through Sunday. Were you able to open some holes in the ice? Do you think there will still be ice in the bayou this Friday?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going down to the Pamlico tomorrow; heard there are lots of Blue Bills and Red Heads on the river.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Odessa
Going down to the Pamlico tomorrow; heard there are lots of Blue Bills and Red Heads on the river.

A Friends of NRA fellow committee member just got back from Harkers Island. They did very well on Red Heads and Buffleheads. Good luck on your trip and let us know how you do.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Head to Brinkley Friday morning to hunt Sat, Sun, Mon. Should be plenty of open water. Low's 34-36, highs around 50. And for our blinds, the winds should be perfect.....

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Well fellas we had a great hunt. We got there just as the ice had melted and had plenty of ducks. The ducks are very call/decoy shy so we had to do a lot of pass shooting. I got lucky and got a Wood Duck drake with a band. It was banded in Kentucky in 2009. Arkansas was good to us once again and we are are grateful. Anyone heading that way should have a good chance at a good hunt.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Saturday and Sunday were good, we only used a few decoys and were careful with calling. Had to work but got our limits. Monday was strange, lots of large flocks travelling fast, with no interest in responding. Still a good trip.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,917 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.