24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I mistakenly downloaded it, then like to never have got rid of it, since I ain't too computer saavy.

Then, it keeps popping back up on my screen as soon as I log in here.

I just added ad blocker to my computer and it didn't help.

I ain't interested in another "site bashing thread" since I don't know that it don't show up everywhere.

But am I the only one seeing it? It popped back up about halfway thru typing this post.

Clicking anywhere on the screen except on it makes it go away. If you click on the X in the upper R/H corner of the ad, you download it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like I've been singled out for persecution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gene, download cc cleaner available from several sources. Configure it and then clean your computer. This might help. Don't forget to reboot after it's done. When you download it, uncheck the box that downloads another browser unless you uncheck it. cc cleaner is a great, free program. I would do a cursory cleaning of my computer BEFORE running the cc cleaner program itself. This will speed things up considerably. I think you need to do both cleanings though, not just the one where you dump things from your browser. You might want to consider Ghostery if you're running Firefox too. Look in the same apps section where you got adblock IIRC.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I run the Cleaner really regular, but it left this damn thing installed, since I had inadvertently installed it myself by clicking on the box I thought was to close it.

I've only seen it once since I downloaded ad blocker, so maybe it started working.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use IObit Uninstaller, it seems to work well for me at completely uninstalling programs.

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.php

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to both of you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes to above but will add, and will likely try to prompt with this advice whenever a pc question comes up.

Use the Restore Point feature on your computer. Simply type "restore point" in the search field of the start menu (when you click on that windows icon lower left of your screen). Create a restore point and name it"all good" or something when things are fixed, before ms upgrades, or loading unfamiliar software. A good chance one is already out there auomatically created at some point- often recent past. It is very easy to revert back to a point where your pc was working fine.
Great feature too few ever take advantage of -so...will mention it again.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Find it in task manager and make sure it's turned off. Then delete it from your registry. It can be done but if you don't know how to get it out of the registry talk to an expert.

Right click task manager and look under SERVICES. Find the program and right click on it and shut it off. That should keep it from coming on every time you open up the computer. Also look in Control Panel/Uninstall to see if you can delete it there.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
System restore is also in the tools of CCleaner.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you downloaded it with the Firefox browser,uninstall the browser then reinstall it. Don't forget to reinstall Ad-Block Plus too.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The uninstaller mentioned above took it out, but it is a contrary critter.

I don't know how they expect to sell the upgraded one when they use such underhanded tactics to get the free version into a computer.

I already have Norton to guard against Malware, so the first time the K9 deal popped up, I clicked the "close box" in the upper RH corner which actually is the download button.

If I had installed Adblocker like all you guys recommend, it probably would have kept it from ever popping up.

I have it now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Create a system restore point right now!

ok- stepping off the soap box.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Looks like I've been singled out for persecution.

How computer literate are you?

go to Start button - click
find your control Panel - click
find Programs (uninstall a program) - click
find pc fixer and - click to uninstall
after message that it was removed.
turn off computer and reboot (restart) your machine.

If this does not remove the PC fixer program, i have another one that will and it is a free down load. However you need to be very careful using it as it will remove anything on your computer that you high lite, so you will need to be able to read every line in it entirety while using the program. However it will get rid of PC fixer.

Or you can take your computer to a computer center for a check and removal.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
126 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.