Print Thread
Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Guys:

Here it is straight from McMillan:

"We can now ship 24hourcampfire customers' stocks to Corlane Sporting Goods, but your customer will have to call them for details and additional costs. They will pay Corlane direct for taxes/duties, additional shipping & any export fees."

So, as far as 24hourcampfire goes, things remain as usual, except all Canada orders are shipped to Corlanes once the customer has called over there and is satisfied with the arrangement.

Couple things:

I'd ask Corlanes about returns. Stuff can and does eventually happen, and if you receive a stock that is somehow not satisfactory, procedures for a re-ship of that same stock back to Canada once McMillan makes it right is good to know up front.

I might have to take payments as money orders only, due to merchant account restrictions.

But, a ray of hope.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Rick,

if we found another duty broker can we do a different way? via a US FFL of course ...

Phil

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I imagine so, but he has to have an export license and we'd have to clear it with McMillan.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Rick,

the FFL in question has an approval export import permit. i buy a rifle from and legally exported it to Canada.

i just dont want to be stuck with one company that no even sure what they will charge ....

thanks for your work and make it possible for us.

Phil

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Yes be careful with Corlanes they sometimes hold your things hostage and charge you extra if you dont do the work with them,
even after you've done work with them in the past. Just an experience some of my friends have had.

Elmer

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Rick i sent you a PM.

Phil

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hirsch precision would get my business first!!! Can we still use them?

If it moves shoot it again!!
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Very good news.

i had exchange with Justin at Mcillan and yes you can use the importer you want if they have the right import export licence.

i ll go with Clay as they have a FFL dealing with that and Mcmillan will fill out the paper needed.

so good news.

thanks again to Rick to make the Canadian customers still happy one.

Phil

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hi Rick,
Sorry to say it but that is very bad news. Corlanes?!! McMillan needs to do their research a far bit better, that gong show of a group is going to seriously effect McMillan's business up here in the future.
If I have to use them to get my product, I'll be using other product..:::::
Always had McMillan at the top of the list, but this really changes things. **** I'm mad about this.

Last edited by rem338win; 11/05/14.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
This is good news but what a piss off too. My stock was ordered in December last year and payed in full, now from what I have seen on other sites it is going to cost another $160 + to get my stock. Love my McMillans but this will be my last

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
to add more i can deal with prophet river and clay as always been good on the import process in the past.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I don't mind dealing with Clay. I love McMillans. But I am not paying $800 for a plain Jane edge.
Guess I've bought my last one.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hirsch is an option.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hirsch Precision?
Is this a matter of ordering through you and getting it through him then?
I really am having a hard time swallowing that all this paranoia and bs is coming from you the USA. You need to vote for a Paul as POTUS the next go round or the inside of the toilet bowl will just keep spinning.

AF
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Soooo, I ordered a stock Aug 14 and this is the first I'm hearing of this? No email update, actually no update on my order's situation of any kind. Not impressed. This was to be my third MCM stock, not sure if it's worth the price now.

Last edited by Amphibious; 01/10/15.

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go
Yep, I'm done with them too. Wait for months and pay a fortune. It's just wrong. Boo Mcmillan!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I am ordering a stock through black rose tactical.

I let ya fellas know how it goes

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use Wilcox gun works for all my stocks Cherryville BC.phone
250-547 6480. tell him Norm sent you.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
McMillan stock are awesome - won't be buying anymore - hate getting ripped off!

This where I come from - http://youtu.be/KJr9jvsXFN4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I just received my stock through Blackrose Tactical in bc.Friendly bunch of fellows with good service.Took about 3 1/2 months which is reasonable for a custom stock.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

75 members (160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,026 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,490
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.