24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was just perusing my latest flyer from KBC Tools and Machinery.
Their # GI-515 Gerstner "Oak Utility Carrying Case" is on sale,
US $ 89.95, marked down from $139. Tongue and Groove Red Oak, Brown Felt lined. There's a special on shipping, as well, anything up to 60Lb. for $9.00, or some such.

Link: http://www.kbctools.com/default.asp...toin/customerpages/handlecategories.aspx

That's some damn fine gear at that price, wink

Cheers

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

BP-B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Croossfire: that box is made by "Gerstner International", an offshore subsidiary of Gerstner. To some that may or may not be important.

Gerstner International web page says-- "The mission of Gerstner International is to seek out manufacturing partners the world over to enable Gerstner & Sons to offer its customers economically priced wood products built to a benchmark of quality that will proudly uphold the Gerstner name. Gerstner International is a Division of H. Gerstner & Sons, Inc." http://gerstner-international.com/

For those not familiar with the real Gerstner -- http://www.gerstner.net/

Last edited by Ray Newman; 01/11/15.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Good Point, Thanks Ray !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Link didn't work, try this.

Gerstner Box

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gots one already. If they don't come pre-soiled with genuine Shrapnel supplied Montany cat piss I'm not interested.

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I gots one already. If they don't come pre-soiled with genuine Shrapnel supplied Montany cat piss I'm not interested.

laugh

That thing's in quarantine, out in the Conex.

I was in there last week on a fairly warm day, got a whiff of something rank.

I think Shrapnel may have included the entire cat, as well as it's liquid by product.

I was busy and just closed things back up,....it's cooled off again anyway, so it'll "Keep".

grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, stay cool!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ahh...now I see why the famous wagon box got sold a while back...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Cross

I'm making 'do' with this one! $25.00 from Wally-World! It's called "Uncle Stanley"!! Holds all I need.

[Linked Image]RB by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Photo shows just partially filled but I've got plenty of room for all items plus a bundle of 1000 cleaning patches!

[Linked Image]RB2 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Steve Rhoades called me a 'tight azz'!! grin grin

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So, you've seen some of those enormous boxes that that bunch lug around ?

.....crap, I've lived in places smaller than some of em'.

I've kept mine pretty doggone small, too.

GTC

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My thought as well. Although I greatly admire craftsmanship, including fine woodworking, those wooden range boxes are too damned heavy for my liking. The stuff we fill them with is heavy enough. Plastic has no character, but it works.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here's a wood and plastic combo that works for me. MTM 30 cal. cartridge box with wood trays to hold my paper patched loads. The cartridges are fragile, so I put a piece of dense foam inside the lid to hold the bullets from wobbling around. These MTM boxes have double latches and are pretty sturdy. The handles, not so much. I always carry them carefully, cradled, not by the handle.

I dumped one - once. Live and learn.

Paul

[Linked Image]

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.