Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I have been a little absent from posting as much as I would like. My wife and I have been busy moving full time to the mountains. Between moving and selling the other house it hasn�t given me much time to shoot as much as I need to do. But that is all behind us now and I finally had the opportunity to go out and shoot the new Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens! I have ranted and raved about the Tamron 16-300mm Di-II VC PZD lens for APS-C sensors and have wanted something similar in sharpness and quality for Full Frame. Well, it is here!

The lens is very compact and light, coming in at 3.8 inches and 19 ounces. It also comes with all the great new features that Tamron has incorporated into their lens construction recently. Great VC, Vibration Compensation, along with the PZD motor allowing the construction to stay compact and fast focusing as well. They also are using a circular diaphragm to give smooth out of focus objects. And being an outdoor photographer I really like the moisture resistant construction. As for sharpness, Tamron included an XR element and more advanced anti-reflective coatings.

I went to a local waterfall to get some wide to tele shots for sharpness, and distortion. The first image below is wide open at 28mm. The next images were shot at 55mm, 145mm, and lastly 300mm. I shot on Aperture Priority, ISO 50 to slow down the water, I used a Circular Polarizer to reduce glare on the rocks and moss. I did use a tripod since the exposures were over 1 second in length.

I really feel comfortable now knowing that when I travel, I have the opportunity to take one lens when I am limited in gear especially, that the Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens will meet my expectations for image quality. Being a professional who relies on image quality, that is a key factor in my lens selection when I am shooting. The folks at Camera Land have the lens in stock and are ready for orders, even though they are in �crunch time� of their move. Give Mark or Joel a call and get yours ordered today! As always, let them know you are a member of the Campfire!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Love the first and last. I've been seeing what you do with Tamron lens long enough that I get another it will be a Tamron. Have only ever had one before and lobed it. It was a 75-150 for an old Fugica 605.

Can't get over the first and last one!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow! Nice.
I thought my next body was going to be a FF, but I just pulled the trigger on a 7DII (thanks Cameraland). So it looks like I'm doing crops for a while longer (1.3 and 1.6). I like the idea of an "all in one" for travel. Do you have a recommendation on whether I should lookat the 28-300mm or the 16-300mm knowing where I'm at and that I occasionally do FF (maybe more soon)?
Chris.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Don! ChrisF, with the 7DII, that 16-300mm is fantastic! It is really sharp plus the bonus is it will do macro down to about 1:3 so it really can be in all-in-one. I went out west last summer and found that I shot that lens on a 7D about 95% of the time.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 3,340 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.