Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well I've started making up some stuff,in the new year. I made some ceramic sharpening rods with Sambar stag crowns & tips for handles,some sold,some not. Just kinda getting warmed up a little.

These are the first creations with blades

This is the big butcher,sports a factory forged 1095 carbon blade from Russell Green River. It is flat ground super thin. A big knife that slices effortlessly. Real nice cocobolo and nickel silver pins. I pretty much do an all " slack belt" finish on the entire spine of the blade. 15" OAL with 10" of cutting edge

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

bottom
[Linked Image]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/My%20blade%20creations/DSCN2878_zps46c971db.jpg[/img]

GB1

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A pair of " EDC " knives with factory 440C ss blades,with a real nice hollow grind on these.

One is real nice figured cocobolo that has small fine grain that works well with the small knife. The other is India Sambar stag that has been professionally pressure dyed by Culpepper. Both have nickel silver pins ,and the stag,I fitted it for a lefty grip with a left hander in mind. It is tricky doing that because I'm a righty & it feels weird,I can only hope the guy who ordered it thinks it feels right in his left hand

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They look good Vince!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
nice work Vince, They look great

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
i have one o those small edc very handy

When it comes to knives and guns, what does NEED have to do with it?
IC B2

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Look great Vince.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice work Vince

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Very handsome blades. I really like that style of knife for cleaning bluegills believe it or not.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Very handsome blades. I really like that style of knife for cleaning bluegills believe it or not.

Are you referring to the small drop pt., the " EDC" ?
That knife is a real do it all,and feels just like a pocket knife ,in your hand,maybe just a little bit more "purchase" on the handle/grip

Thank You for the good words,all of you,I appreciate it

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vince, that's some mighty handsome work. That butcher knife reminds me of an ancient butcher knife I have that has been in my family for over 150 years. Still cuts like a new one.

It is the top knife in the picture. An original "I. Wilson, Sheffield, England" butcher knife like what was distributed on the western frontier by the thousands.

[Linked Image]

Your butcher knife appears to have somewhat more work involved in its crafting than mine. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
L.W. Cool knife. I'm sure you know this,but if you do not..

The I Wilson Co. used some steel they called " Shear steel" , or something like that ,I think it says it on your blade stamp. In those days that was considered some high tech, great performing steel in a knife

This one was rehandled by a knife maker friend of mine
[Linked Image]

Special buffalo scabbard by Larry Parsons

[Linked Image]

The Russell Green River blades ,they say they are all old original patterns,and the steel cuts good & holds a keen edge. They make for a good blade to mess around with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for that info, Vince. That re-handled I. Wilson looks like it'd still do a fine job of slicin' and dicin'.

Nothing like a little nostalgia now and then. I still use mine on the Thanksgiving turkey and on elk and deer roasts. Makes the meat taste better. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.