Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have one of each but hard to compare ergonomics as the H.S. is on a Model 70 Heavy Varmint and the B&C is on a Model 7 lightweight.
I do think the grip of the B&C is on the thick side for a stock on such a lightweight sporter. The H.S. is by design being a heavy varmint stock so can't speak to their sporter design.
Fit and finish I don't see much difference and I was happy with the quality of both. Again, not a large sample.
I bought the B&C from Redhawk Rifles as well and was very happy with that experience.
I also have a couple of McMillans and there is no question they are at a different level. If money or time was never a factor I would buy the McMillans every time. If I don't want to put $500+ into a stock I would use either an H.S. or B&C again.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Here's a B&C Medalist on a 98 FN Mauser. It's not overly heavy, has a nice feel and I like it. For the price, not a bad stock.

DF

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't know, I was shooting a BC and a McMillan today...both to 1000 yds. Both worked as intended. If a BC or HS fits you, then there is no problem with owning one. McMillan has a lot more options though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with everyone who states/claims that McMillan and Manners are a step (or more) above a B&C or an HS P; but, don't let anyone convince you B&C and HS P are junk. They are quality stocks and are definitely a significant improvement, in my opinion, over most factory stocks. I have a couple of McMillans on rifles that wore B&C and HS while I was saving and looking for the higher priced, better performing ones and never had a regret. I've actually owned a couple of HS P and B&C, and still do, that have convinced me not to take the step up to the next level.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 03/31/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm one of the weirdos who thinks that while McMillians are great (own one), they aren't worth what they charge for them, and the wait times aren't worth it either. I've used B&C's with zero problems on very accurate rifles so I'm somewhat a fan. I think they could use a slimmer grip, but no biggie.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Got both myself now JGR, and I concur,,,had very good luck with the B&Cs

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
There you have it.

The Poobah has spoken... cool

Amazing how easy it is to resolve an issue... grin

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own 6 of the BC Ti stocks. I have also owned HS in the past. I did not like the extra weight of the HS versus the BC. I did not want to spend the $$ on the MCM Edge, although they are very well regarded. I think they are are all good stocks just BC is a better deal for the $$ IMHO.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the brands unless you use the Light Weight BC Stock

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Part of the problem here is that there is no place around me that stocks aftermarket stocks. that makes it difficult to try them. 350 is the most that I'm willing to spend here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I purchased a HS Precision from stockystocks and can say I'm not too impressed. It was not a "drop in" ready like I thought. I paid a gunsmith to fit it and believe he jacked it up even more. The bolt handle "rubs" the stock and has left a black marks in the area of it. I also have gotten very erratic accuracy even with a custom barrel installed on it. I tend to think the stock is "binding" I will have to tinker some more with it.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If you paid a smith to fix it, I'd be talking to him...

DF

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
wait times are no different on MC than on a top line barrel.

In the end it all depends on what your needs are.

IMHO, its eitehr factory or MC. Even factory tupperware stocks, bedded and floated have given super hard service for folks while retaining accuracy. About the only issue migth be sling tension and not many folks know that a sling is good for more than carrying these days.

Since HS had the Lon Horiuchi thing... I'd probably go BC between the two. But BC just feels clumsy and weird to me.

So I just save the cash and do the right thing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I haven't forgotten ole Lon and HS sucking up on him to get Fed contracts.

I traded for an HS SPL .240 Wby. So, by trading, not buying from HS, I justified the deal. To their credit, HS makes their own barrels, even their triggers, all top notch.

But, the stock was a club, weighed 42 oz. I dropped that barreled action in a McM Hunters Edge, weighing 26 oz. Great improvement. In fact, I sent the barreled action to McM. They had a program to inlet the action, not the SPL barrel. Well now they do...

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.