Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Anymore..... After 15 years and 4 children, youngest is 6. She does not think she wants to continue our marriage.She said she still cares for me, but not love. I have a marriage counsel set up for next monday, but it don't look good. She said diff.individual events over the past 10 years have caused her to loose the love. I have not done anything that would warrant a divorce, stuff that most should forgive and forget. I asked about the thousands of great things that I think that I have done for her/us---the family, and I guess its never enough. She has not had to work for the past 14 years, we have a beautiful house, vacation at the beach 3 weeks a year, a pool in the back yard----- a life that I think most woman would love to have------------I am fit, in shape, and have never had a problem in the looks dept. I love her like I have never loved another. Has anyone of you guys turned this situation around?????

If you really like something,you better buy two!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When they're done, they're done......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I'll say is I've NEVER seen one comeback. I've seen people divorced and remarried years later, but I've never seen the divorce stopped.

When they decide, they decide. On average I'd say they've been planning it for at least a year before the words are ever said aloud.

Good luck

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Start squirreling away a secret stash of loot

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22

this....i made myself miserable for 3 years trying to turn mine around....granted i was dealing with an extreme situation as to the why but there really isnt any changing their minds....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep

Be better off acting like it don't bother you, sucks.

Good luck

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It can turn around I hope you go to a good counsellor however.

Gerry.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've zero experience on the subject, but you could use a bit of optimism. Keep your chin up, talk to the counselor and some prayers. Couples do overcome rough times.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some times the fire just goes out. Start protecting assets and tangibles immediately.

If you're a good man, there will be other fish in the sea that have noticed.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/20/15.

1Minute
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
She obviously isn't happy. No matter what happens the kids come first, best advice I know to give....Hope this can work out well

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you do split, bury your pride and only do what is in the best interest of the kids.....granted dont put yourself in the poor house.....but being vindictive towards your kids mother cause your hurt will do little but hurt your relationship with them in the long run....i have a better relationship with my oldest stepdaughter than she does with her mom because of my behavior versus hers....Kate spent the holidays with me, not her mom cause its what she wanted....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by birddog65
Anymore..... After 15 years and 4 children, youngest is 6. She does not think she wants to continue our marriage.She said she still cares for me, but not love. I have a marriage counsel set up for next monday, but it don't look good. She said diff.individual events over the past 10 years have caused her to loose the love. I have not done anything that would warrant a divorce, stuff that most should forgive and forget. I asked about the thousands of great things that I think that I have done for her/us---the family, and I guess its never enough. She has not had to work for the past 14 years, we have a beautiful house, vacation at the beach 3 weeks a year, a pool in the back yard----- a life that I think most woman would love to have------------I am fit, in shape, and have never had a problem in the looks dept. I love her like I have never loved another. Has anyone of you guys turned this situation around?????

Don't mean to pry but why do you think she is unhappy?

Did you bone another chick and it's been buggin' her?

Do not answer that question on the internet, forget I even asked.

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/20/15.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Be real careful during any marriage counseling what you say can and will be used against you if at all possible. Been there before and came away with the impression that counseling is nothing but a waste of time and money. But your mileage may vary. I would also advise you to start collecting cash and anything else you can "hide" asap. Best of luck to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yep

Be better off acting like it don't bother you, sucks.

Good luck

What he said. Good luck and hang tough.

If it is any consolation, there is probably someone out there who is more deserving than she. I hope you find her.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You would always feel like you're walking on eggs from now on. It's best to let it go and get a Good Female divorce attorney, trust me.

Set aside some cash at your workplace or with a friend. You'll need it eventually.

Usually she has someone else scoped out, and that third party will cause you trouble. Get things rolling as fast as you possibly can, because she is feeling bad and a bit guilty right now. Not so as time goes on.

I'm awfully sorry to hear this and am sure you are a good husband and provider. I've been where you are, and grew up with a dad in Reno NV who was an attorney. Been around it enough to give valid advice.

Best Wishes
L2S

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was waiting for the punchline.
Sorry to hear about your problem. I was married 25 years and mine got cancer and died. Now I don't know if I want to take a chance on another one or not.
I have done some dating and found one who was divorced five times!!!!!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Helpful Not Helpful
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV / 43 helpful votes

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Your situation is not an unusual happenstance with women.

So, either God does not know much about women, or she never loved you and was more enamored with the idea of kids, house, dog and security.

Of course, she could be lying and still does love you - but now desires fun and excitement more. Women have been known to take that option too.

You arent the first or last to taste this crap, but it too will pass. Then, you can tell her to kiss your ass.

Take care, good fortune and God bless.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/20/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No matter how things turn out, remember this....youre gonna be ok. It might not go the way you want it to right now, but I promise you, though it probably doesnt make sense right now, you will be fine. God bless.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
No, Samolsen, never stepped out of line. She says the main problem is/was that I never made her feel like we were a team. I work 40-60 hours a week and she stayed home with the kids. I also took care of everything inside/outside the house.I fix everything...cars, tractors,washers..ect... So I ask her if what I do is NOT 50% what the heck is???????? I never said the word NO to her, If she didn't feel like cooking,, pizza was always ok with me, I just dont know. Church on every sunday, other friends or family think were are the perfect family.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
honestly, sounds like she is bored and decided the solution is a divorce, granted this is going on very lil info over all....

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,428
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.