Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am a parent.

Is it impossible for a parent to call a spade a spade?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/vi...c1a1418-c662-5728-99dd-af28d9c4c412.html

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I got a nephew who is a worthless, unemployed 27 year old doper, looks just like that kid. Probably will wind up the same way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think only in "Dead End", when Humphrey Bogart's mom lets him know what she thinks of her gangster son.

My mom was a lot like that. She kept me scared straight.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Maybe its a generational entitlement type of thing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
most are trying to deflect the idea that they where lousy parents of a lousy pos kid.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ime, nothing comes close to filling your heart or breaking your heart as your kids

so even when a kid does some unspeakable thing, the grief caused by it probably leads to a fair amount of "denial"

that's the lil boy or girl that wrapped his arms around your neck and wagged his tail like a puppy when you walked through the door

it's hard for a parent to let go of that, even when they need to

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
I am a parent.

Is it impossible for a parent to call a spade a spade?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/vi...c1a1418-c662-5728-99dd-af28d9c4c412.html

Most of these people aren't real parents and had their children to boost their welfare check. Their children are reflections of them and their criminals. They also are hoping to strike it rich through the deaths of their children. Just consider that action of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown's parents. The former trademarked Trayvon's image and name and scored big with a lawsuit against the development where Trayvon was shot. Michael Brown's Mom has a felony charge pending against her for assaulting a relative over selling Michael Brown souvenirs. It's clear why their sons were criminals.

Last edited by ConradCA; 01/21/15.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All good points here.

For most of us, if our children did wrong, especially on a criminal scale, we would be the first to flat-out tell them what they did and how wrong it was and would likely turn them in ourselves.

For many of these offspring, the parents, especially the mom, have ALREADY been covering for them forever. In school it was the teacher's fault, or the school's fault, or they'd lie about why he wasn't in school when he skipped.

When they were no longer in school and living at home they would overlook drug use as "not that bad" or "everybody does it" and overlook a hundred minor thefts and abuses in the guise of "motherly love".

Seen it hundreds of times at school, they are easy to spot, I could find ya a bunch today. Where I'm at we call it "mijo syndrome", "mijo" being a common contraction of "mi hijo" ie. "my son", a usual term of endearment from a Hispanic mom.

No surprise that those kids of parents who have always held them accountable for their actions rarely end up in the news that way.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Because the parents are POS as well.

My boy got into trouble when he was young and his mother and I made him handle it on his own, I told him he made a grown up.choice and now he had to face grown up consequences. Helped him learn about making good choices.

Last edited by 12344mag; 01/21/15.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He was probably a worthless kid. But then, one who is in a "lethal strangle hold" cannot cry out for help. So I have to wonder how the police heard the girl cry out for help while in the embrace of a lethal strangle hold. And...if he is holding his girlfriend in a lethal strangle hold, how is it, the police felt threatened? And if they were defending her life, how is it they couldn't do it by tearing the little bastard off her since he was choking her to death?

He may have been a worthless piece of crap...but this will probably go down as too much force in this situation. Too many questions and answers that smack of backstopping.

Please remember, in court, the actions of a police officer are supposed to be "reasonable" as adjudged by normal everyday joes. I hope the cops were right here, but they have some scrambling to do.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 01/21/15.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I mean, it's not like these parents have a lot invested in their 'children'. If they did, the kid probably would have turned out different. Many times, the anti social, psychopathic behavior behavior that got the kid in trouble was learned at home.

Sam......

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wife see's it all the time in school. She teaches 1st grade. All her kids are perfect in their parents eyes.....until they invite the parent in to observe Little Johnny.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
ime, nothing comes close to filling your heart or breaking your heart as your kids

so even when a kid does some unspeakable thing, the grief caused by it probably leads to a fair amount of "denial"

that's the lil boy or girl that wrapped his arms around your neck and wagged his tail like a puppy when you walked through the door

Well said sir..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't buy that.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Well said. Plenty bad people (the worst) were raised in good families, by good parents. Liberals love to blame environment when often, other factors come into play.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I mean, it's not like these parents have a lot invested in their 'children'. If they did, the kid probably would have turned out different. Many times, the anti social, psychopathic behavior behavior that got the kid in trouble was learned at home.

Actually, that "psychopathic behavior" was not only learned at home, it was inherited. Other times, the bad ones have mental disorders that seperate their behavor from that of the family norm. Some people are just born to be bad.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Parents defend their "children" nowadays because society in general has said if these kids are bad then the parents are bad parents. When I was a teen and got in trouble with the po po I was not afraid of the cops . I was afraid of my dad coming to pick me up!!!!!! Nowadays the parents do not discipline small infractions and when the big infractions start , they need some one to blame.
They take the " Not my Boy" stance to defend themselves not the "Child"
These is not limited to any class or ethnic group.. It can be seen by the rich elite all the way down to to the poorest and in every color english speaking or not.
It just happens to be trendy for the Police to be blamed Today.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deerstalker
most are trying to deflect the idea that they where lousy parents of a lousy pos kid.

Yep

A wise man is frequently humbled.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Nice touch on the keyboard, Randy.

I agree with you. I'll also add that some wish to buffer their own legacy as parents against the consequences those legacies suffer at the hands of their very own children's horrendous behavior.

The first thing a parent goes through after the shock has settled from the aftermath of a child's abhoorent behavior is "where did I go wrong?"

Some parents have a tough time with that reflection. Understandably so.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Maybe its a generational entitlement type of thing?

Whenever things seem inexplicable, just ponder if the pursuit of money could be the root cause.

It usually is.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 28 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,321
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.