Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Got a Enfiled Revolver recently. Looking for some info. Found a little online. But want some solid info. Mainly trying to know how to describe it and a value as I plan to sell it. I know it is a No. 2 Mark I **. Numbers match on cylinder and barrel. Everything seems to be intact. Finish ain't the best as you can see no rust just worn. Bore seems good. Markings are worn. I can post more pictures.Fires just fine. Thanks for any info.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
mike7
What do you have to feed the beast 38' or 455's? Thanks . Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I guess I should of mentioned that. It is 38 S+W. Found some Privi Partisan with 145 grain bullet. Very mild shooting. More bark than bite.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mike7mm08;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you well.

Although I'm not entirely certain on all the direct lineage of your revolver, at one time I owned two unaltered Enfield Tanker models which yours appears to be.

If I'm correct about that, your revolver will be double action only?

The original barrel length was 5" on the ones I had if memory serves or very close to that.

They were chambered for the British/Canadian service round which was a .38 S&W but had a 200gr bullet.

Here's a video on what mine were and I believe yours might be.

I have no real idea what the value would be in your area and until we're sure it's what I think it is anything I'd say would be speculation.

Hopefully that was somewhat useful to you or someone out there this evening. All the best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northcountry
mike7
What do you have to feed the beast 38' or 455's? Thanks . Cheers NC

iIRC Enfields are 38's and Webley's are 45's though they are the same basic design....anyone know if any of the 38 chambered models can be run as a single action like a Webley can? always wanted a Webley but any that havent been messed with to turn into a 45ACP cost a fair bit more than the general Enfields i see for sale...

edit: found some Webley & Scotts that were made in 38S&W aswell as 455

Last edited by rattler; 01/18/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
It is double action only. Found some info claiming the snubnose was done by a company out of california in the early sixties. Supposedly they cut down five inch originals and used the original sight silver soldered on to the snubnose. So though not original it is not a one off hack job. Work appears very well done. They were offering these as a cheaper version to Smith and Wesson victory model they were also selling. Smiths went for about 40 bucks the enfields were 16.95. Of course this is internet info.... so it has to be true right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah who knows....i know yours is DAO but was curious if any of the 38S&W's were DA with the ability to shot SA if yah wanted....just think these(and the Webleys they are modeled after) and the S&W Schofield are neat with their break open actions....something different....just know the DA pull on a Webley SUCKS so the Enfields wouldnt interest me as much if they are all DAO...or i guess i can just suck it up and get one of the Webleys made into 45ACP/45AR to save some cash

Last edited by rattler; 01/18/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Trigger pull ain't too bad. Heavy but smooth. Don't know if they were offered in single action/ double action.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mike7mm08;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully your Monday was an acceptable one.

A cousin had a Webley & Scott civilian model that was almost identical to the Enfield Tankers I had in all aspects except that it was single action/double action and was better finished.

The two I had cost me a grand total of $70 back in the late '80's if memory serves.

I picked them up as projects and converted both to single action/double action mode, adding hammer extensions too and then made up some walnut grips to dress them up a wee bit.

They went down the road to fund other projects and as I say I've no clue what one would be worth anymore.

One thing I never could find up here was the 200gr load for the .38 S&W - it would have been interesting to see how close the sites shot with the correct load.

Anyway sir, again hopefully that was somewhat useful information and good luck with your revolver.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've always wanted one, longer barrel version though.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott;
Good evening, hopefully the day has treated you well and you folks are fine.

After a bit of digging to find the photo and then some cogitating to make this new computer scan for me - I found this.

[Linked Image]

I'd forgotten that I'd buffed off the phosphate coating and blued them too.

The back of the photo indicated I sold the last one off in 1990 - seems like a lifetime ago now somehow.

While it wasn't a Python or even my slicked up Security Six for smoothness, it wasn't the worst double action pull I've ever played with either.

They're an interesting piece of UK/Canadian history as they were issued to our troops along with Inglis Browning High Powers in WWII.

I'd have preferred the Inglis thanks - but I don't suppose there was much choice in the matter for most soldiers.

Again hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there tonight Scott. All the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.