E
I do have to head east for a visit when I retire. smile

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Lose 5 pounds before you go Ed because Sam will quickly put 7 pounds on you, unless he's still eating just carrots and celery.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When it's cold out,the tires on my vehicles appear to be less inflated

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NFL needs to investigate itself.........once the balls are handed to the officials for inspection before the game, from then on, the balls are the responsibility of the officials, period.

If Indy thought there was a problem with the balls, why wasn't it addressed and/or corrected immediately, during the game.

Besides, there are 24 balls in play; logistically, it would be very, very difficult to control & manage deflating all those ball uniformly or anywhere close to it.

What a farce.........

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
45 to 7 blowout and some sore losers are out looking for a conspiracy to account for it....LOL! It's like the Colts never showed up.

They could have given the Colts deflated balls to use all day and it wouldn't have mattered....some people can find a conspiracy when they get a parking ticket. Hilarious!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmitch
I watched the game & the only team that had their balls deflated were the Colts.

laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bea175
The NFL is the one who should be investigated , for letting the Patriots play a second rate team like the Colts in a Championship Game

Ha, Pats cant even beat Buffalo - well, when money is to be made. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're on to Seattle. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The home teams provides 30 balls, and hands them over to the referees. The referees hand the balls out to the teams on the field.

Nope. The team on offense gets the ball(s) they want to use, typically one of their own.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The balls are all provided by the home team. This is from the NFL web site:

Digest of Rules Main
Ball

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials� locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

Each team is then given 12 balls for the game.

An investigation has revealed that 11 or the 12 NE balls tested at half time were underinflated. Now they're investigating HOW they got deflated.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
who really cares if the ball is defalted slightly, would it have made a difference in the game...let the team fill their balls however they want it still has to be thrown accurately and caught

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
they were so deflated that none of the officials even noticed!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobinNH
45 to 7 blowout and some sore losers are out looking for a conspiracy to account for it....LOL! It's like the Colts never showed up.

They could have given the Colts deflated balls to use all day and it wouldn't have mattered....some people can find a conspiracy when they get a parking ticket. Hilarious!

They won...so cheating is OK. Have you lost your mind or are you just a Patriots fan?

Strip them of their title and ban them for a year IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL laughable...
this is just pre Super Bowl drama...I say let them play with the ball flat if they want, who cares

Last edited by SAKO75; 01/21/15.

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watched that game on Sunday and if they were playing with underinflated footballs during the first half, IMO it didn't help TB's accuracy.

How else do you explain the Pats 2nd half explosion of points? Tom Brady's passes reminded me of Peyton Mannings wobbly passes that looked like wounded ducks in the 1st half.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The NFL doesn't maintain control of the balls during the game and they are surprised by this?

I was never a follower of NASCAR, but is the NFL going in the same direction?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
you complainers are just pissed because you picked the wrong team and you're wives are giving you hell cause you spent the rent money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
The NFL doesn't maintain control of the balls during the game and they are surprised by this?

I was never a follower of NASCAR, but is the NFL going in the same direction?

Man I hope not.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the balls were inflated indoors and than brought outside in the cold wouldn't they lose pressure like a car tire?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What I don't understand is "WHY"... they don't have to cheat. First the spygate thing and now this. Belechek is like a rich kleptomaniac...he steals when he doesn't have to! He's a creep and I hate to even look at the jerk. He doesn't mind you tryin to cheat him because he's darn sure going to try and cheat you. Vince Lombardi wouldn't be caught dead in the same room w/this SOB. He's a disgrace to the coaching profession. powdr

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.