Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
After 7 weeks of not being able to raise a soul through email, phone You name it. I finally get a snotty email today telling me my gun which was bought third party is being sent back to USA. Prob is, the guy I bought it from will not be able to receive. IRG doesn't care. A total rant. One fellow at CGN says their under investigation for missing guns through the RCMP. I called. He was right.

"Words may show a man's wit, but actions his meaning"
B. Franklin
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
so the gun never reached IRG or the owner didnt sent to them?

i ve done few imports troughout the years and had one problem fixed by a local police in Nebraska then got the rifle and scope.
7 weeks is nothing on a transfer coming from USA.

was Ottawa didnt right on the paper side too? tell us more.

Phil

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Clay and the staff from Prophet River has always done it the right way can t comment for IRG.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The very same post has been on a couple of other Canadian forums, and all is not what it seems.
Apparently there was someone stealing guns from a post office up here ( NOTHING to do with IRG's) and some slanderous remarks being made and possibly an RCMP investigation into same?
Check our Canadian Gun Nutz for the truth.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Hey, Cat, seems funny to me as my best bud recommended IRG to me and he has imported many guns, legally for years.

One is a gorgeous custom Dakota 76-.338WM, this through PR and after about two years, we decided that it should join my first Dakota .338 done by Martini about five years ago.

Anyway, "Feline in the Fedora", how are you?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SNAP
Hey, Cat, seems funny to me as my best bud recommended IRG to me and he has imported many guns, legally for years.

One is a gorgeous custom Dakota 76-.338WM, this through PR and after about two years, we decided that it should join my first Dakota .338 done by Martini about five years ago.

Anyway, "Feline in the Fedora", how are you?

Doin' fine thank you very much!
Haven't logged in for a bit, figured would check in and see wazzup!
Cat

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good to see ya back here.
This place is crazy as ever.

Last edited by troutfly; 01/21/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Troutfly, but I never really left!LOL!
However, I was in the habit of simply surfing here and the 28 gauge society instead of logging in , I do enjoy this site immensely, it's one of the first I ever joined , next to shortmags.org
Cat

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
shortmags.org....haven't seen that site mentioned in a coons age.

Was a member there for a while too. Can't recall my handle from there its been so long. Was a good site.

This one though is a riot. Lots of good ole boy talk along with good info passed about.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had the same handle then, it was hung on me long before I learned how to waste my life away on a computer!!

In any event, I have informed IRG's about this POS thread, and I'm sure he will be along in a while to straighten out whoever thinks they are in the know!
Cat

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hmmm, this reads a lot like Rimfire458's slanderous and unsubstantiated thread recently posted on CGN. Legal action against a very butthurt putz (rimfire458) seems to be the result.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...nder-investigation-real-story-in-post-38

I've had dealings with IRG that were nothing but exemplary. will be using them again in the future.

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Amphibious
Hmmm, this reads a lot like Rimfire458's slanderous and unsubstantiated thread recently posted on CGN. Legal action against a very butthurt putz (rimfire458) seems to be the result.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...nder-investigation-real-story-in-post-38

I've had dealings with IRG that were nothing but exemplary. will be using them again in the future.
BINGO! Give the man a Monticristo#4!
cat

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So sounds like op is in a bit of trouble for slander!

Oh oh

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
OP is a futz. Ignore.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by yukonphil

7 weeks is nothing on a transfer coming from USA.

And to have 7 months?

B. Franklin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by catnthehat
The very same post has been on a couple of other Canadian forums, and all is not what it seems.
Apparently there was someone stealing guns from a post office up here ( NOTHING to do with IRG's) and some slanderous remarks being made and possibly an RCMP investigation into same?
Cat

You'll forgive me if I take that with a grain. As I remember bout 6-7 yrs back You backed a wee friend with two counts of assault causing bodily harm in Lloydminster facing a life long court order firearm prohibition

Last edited by soopercooper; 06/11/15.

B. Franklin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My FFL sent for me a rifle to be exported with IRG...made sure it was to them before the 14 of the month. If I remember correctly if it arrived at IRG after that it would be exported the following month. The buyer did all the paper work from IRG, I did the FedEX shipping to IRG.

It was a easy process for me and wouldn't hesitate doing it again for one of my northern neighbors.

It arrived at IRG March 6, it was in the buyers hands May 15

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Not all things go exactly the same each time

B. Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by soopercooper

You are so intent on condemning this business you are missing the fact that it is now reflecting poorly on you, not on the business.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by RickF

You are so intent on condemning this business you are missing the fact that it is now reflecting poorly on you, not on the business.

So You're good with a company or person keeping another's property for over 1/2 year and just shut up about it?What have you got that I could "borrow for a wee while"

Last edited by soopercooper; 06/13/15.

B. Franklin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

In any event, I have informed IRG's about this POS thread,
Cat

IOW's "Iv'e kissed up

B. Franklin
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've dealt with IRG on a bolt action: They were great. I would deal with them again.

Last edited by philthygeezer; 06/15/15.
D
D
I got screwed over by them on a 10/22 Christmas present for my son. I'm not going back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dexter has two posts. Hmmmmm......

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickF
Dexter has two posts. Hmmmmm......

Had exactly the same thought as you..........

Gerry.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what. Doesn't mean he hasn't had problems.

Jim

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
No no fool. As men today we only have sack when on forums, and. Never have credibility till large post count. I've noticed that. John M. B. himself could come on here and get poo poo'd for his first few posts. So maybe we could start everyone off with a few posts so we can all have at least a wee brain. Is there a direct quotient for converting post count to IQ ?

Last edited by soopercooper; 07/01/15.

B. Franklin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well they've finally released it from their clutches after 7 1/2 months. Now I'll have to see how much mutilation

B. Franklin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
"CAMPFIRE GUIDE" means What exactly? Heightened level of imaturity?

B. Franklin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh, oh. Someone has a pouty face. frown

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
wouldn't say that. got my gun from the thieves and feebs, happiest day of my life

B. Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you got your gun since you made a big deal of it maybe you can tell us what it actually is.

Gerry.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Read twice. Did NOT get gun ,just got it away from the SOB's. Apologies I see where you could gather that I actually received it. No it's just out of their hands, and. Back for damages to be HOPEFULLY repaired

B. Franklin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Oh, oh. Someone has a pouty face. frown

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B. Franklin
R
R
I don't spend much time on this forum, but I can add that my four imports via IRG were perfect. They're very upfront with their process and import timelines. They keep costs down by only doing twice monthly shipments and operating with as small of a staff as possible. I'm willing to play phone tag or wait a day or two for a reply to my email if that means not paying $300 to import my gun as I have done in the past using a different company. Trouble arises most often as a result of a lack of reading comprehension by the client who, more often than not, is a member of the instant gratification/entitlement generation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockNRolla
I don't spend much time on this forum, but I can add that my four imports via IRG were perfect. They're very upfront with their process and import timelines. They keep costs down by only doing twice monthly shipments and operating with as small of a staff as possible. I'm willing to play phone tag or wait a day or two for a reply to my email if that means not paying $300 to import my gun as I have done in the past using a different company. Trouble arises most often as a result of a lack of reading comprehension by the client who, more often than not, is a member of the instant gratification/entitlement generation.

What are the costs and generally what time frame are you looking at when importing with them?

"instant gratification/entitlement generation" - love that line..........

Gerry.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Ya at 55 that would be me. Out of home at 17 and dumped my guts for everything I have. Haven't You all noticed You're quiker with a keyboard than I? Well sledge hammering (You know mans work) doesnt lend to practise with the clakity board. IDON'TRUNGUNS was $342 to get my gun to me which never got to me but got smashed. Aztech armories is 190 and perfectly informative communications. I DON'TRUNGUNS is OK for people killers. That's their forte. I mean I get how a stock can get broke, but smashed to kindling, and. As for the Skinner Alaskan peep it wore it wasn't a postal worker that grabbed that. They just don't carry tools with them.

PS. And how old is are new comming smart ass?I would be inclined to say Your sub 40 yrs old in the me me me generation

Last edited by soopercooper; 07/12/15.

B. Franklin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't doubt something happened to your shipment, but, I suspect it was due to factors beyond IRG's control, before they got it, or in shipment from the US store to Edmonton.
I doubt it was the only gun in the shipment. You haven't presented any factual evidence of anything, so far, and likely never will.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
broken butt stock (to splinters),bent tang, Skinner Alaskan sight gone, and half inch gouging (but not too deep) looks fine otherwise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2015 10:28 AM
To: ***** ********
Subject: Re: C.O.D.

Last edited by soopercooper; 07/17/15.

B. Franklin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Copy/paste above of the email I received from the very respectable builder the day he got it back. I'll keep telling as it was for men out there that don't want to get shafted. You keep sucken J's arse there's tons of pride to be had at that. Till he turns and decapitates You

I'm very sure the postal service carriers all carry torx wrench sets just for sight removal. Get hold Yourself man

Last edited by soopercooper; 07/17/15.

B. Franklin
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Your email doesn't show anything, and your simple minded gibber-jabber isn't helping your cause. I fail to see what result you're looking for here.

I do "man's work" and manage to type in a manner that people seem to read and understand. I also know how to copy and paste, and post pictures too.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cat

You'll forgive me if I take that with a grain. As I remember bout 6-7 yrs back You backed a wee friend with two counts of assault causing bodily harm in Lloydminster facing a life long court order firearm prohibition

I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, the only person I know who lives in Lloydminster is Clay Smiley from Prophet river Forearms.
two counts of assault? why don't you refresh my memory for me ?
Cat

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well I won't disturb the circle jerk this place has become. Pretty much what I've been told it had become. Same as CGN. Forums seem to have about one real good first decade then morph into shows of limp wristed nothingness where picking on spelling and gramar are the new manly things to do.....YYYAAA OKAY

B. Franklin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 21 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.