Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
fight, fight now

The broken clock theorem at work. One to go.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
But it should be a factor, but not the driving force. The locus of the decision should center around the FACT upwards of 40% of the world's oil flows through the straits and Iran poses a clear and present danger to the collapse of the west should that source abruptly end. BTW, there are many ways of fighting, including FULL sanctions, full support of the resistance (oops too late we effed that one) and of course, blockade. Bottom line is we should PREVENT Iran from acquiring nuclear capability. Just my opinion,

I agree in principle Jorge. Let's assume Iran acquires nuclear capability; while they might not use it directly, I can readily envision circumstances in which they give a weapon to their renegade friends, such as Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc. and then, the outcome is very predictable. However, I do believe that direct action is a last resort; Iran has apparently widely-distributed and deeply buried it's nuclear facilities and, I'm not sure we know where all the eggs are buried. Tight (and even tighter economic) and other sanctions need to be in place and, the West needs a viable military presence in the area to keep the Straights open to secure the oil shipments.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Fighting them is inevitable. Obama just wants it to be somebody elses problem, just like everything else.

I think Ze ro is full of Shiite. Does anyone know if his dad was shia or sunni?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Fox today showed pics of a huge missile against a really tall missile silo. I guess as soon as it and others are ready to go we will see Israel put on quite a show.

DISCLAMER: 4, I really don't know if it was a real pic of a real or fake missile and if it was really taken by satellite in IRAN. IT COULD BE A TRICK.

Don't believe this until I have my people check it out.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/23/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gee, a Zionist Jew agitating for more war in the middle east...shocking.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
btw, how many votes do we have for declared war on Iran here?

Jorge votes yes. Who else?

Unfortunately, this may not be a viable option currently. Our military is tired, it's equipment worn-down and, our nation is tired of war. Given budget deficits and a tight-fisted Congress, I doubt this route will be taken - UNLESS, the US is directly attacked, as on 9/11.

...and a narcissistic psychopath calling the shots.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Iran has a large educated middle and upper class population and a strong reform movement.
They would love some help in solving their own problems. And they have some neighbours who don't like their leaders any more than they do.
Better their boots on the ground instead of ours.
I doubt very much that our present administration is doing all they could to support this opportunity.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our enemies know that they have less than 2 years left of Tyrant Obama the Liar's incompetence. Now is the time for Iran to exploit it and it looks like that's what their doing.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's pretty much a Bull-sheitt article.

Anyone who knows anything knows that there has been a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia since 1979. The author is trying to look smart by pointing out the obvious.

While everyone is complaining about Iran, seems the Saudi Wahhabiests can get away with just about anything, and never be tied back to Saudi Arabia. Who do you think ISIS is? They're not Suuni's (for the most part), and they're certainly not Shiite.

The US seems to be so focused on Iran's crazies that we're kinda missing that the seriously dangerous crazies are all coming out of Saudi Arabia. Al Queda was a Saudi movement with Suuni's and Wahhabi Muslims. ISIS are predominately Saudi Wahhabi Muslims with a smattering of Suuni's.

I'm here to say, I kinda like Iran's cazies more than I like Saudi Arabia's crazies (I really don't like either, but one causes less trouble than the other).

I sometimes wonder if we've buddied up to the wrong set of crazies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Our enemies know that they have less than 2 years left of Tyrant Obama the Liar's incompetence. Now is the time for Iran to exploit it and it looks like that's what their doing.
Looking at who's jockying for the throne, I don't think Iran is exactly quaking in their boots.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to be a country that worked very hard to keep Iran in check.

I wonder what happened to Iraq anyways?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GunGeek
That's pretty much a Bull-sheitt article.

Anyone who knows anything knows that there has been a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia since 1979. The author is trying to look smart by pointing out the obvious.

While everyone is complaining about Iran, seems the Saudi Wahhabiests can get away with just about anything, and never be tied back to Saudi Arabia. Who do you think ISIS is? They're not Suuni's (for the most part), and they're certainly not Shiite.

The US seems to be so focused on Iran's crazies that we're kinda missing that the seriously dangerous crazies are all coming out of Saudi Arabia. Al Queda was a Saudi movement with Suuni's and Wahhabi Muslims. ISIS are predominately Saudi Wahhabi Muslims with a smattering of Suuni's.

I'm here to say, I kinda like Iran's cazies more than I like Saudi Arabia's crazies (I really don't like either, but one causes less trouble than the other).

I sometimes wonder if we've buddied up to the wrong set of crazies.

Then wouldn't the smart thing for the US be to play them off against each other? Our President does nothing of substance, while allowing the two sides to throw their weight around in ways that harm us here at home (oil shenanigans, for example). We need a better President who can play games with the big and small boys on the world stage. The whole world knows that we don't have that now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Knocking out their enrichment capabilities should have been done without warning when they continually refused inspections.It'll take a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or major US city before any military action is taken therefore we may pay the ultimate price as no one has the balls to play the preemptive card.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to be a country that worked very hard to keep Iran in check.
For our benefit or to the benefit of the Saudi's?

I wonder what happened to Iraq anyways?
Well we fought a war, then gave it over to Iran. So to counter that, the Saudi Wahhabi's from ISIS went over to Iraq to fight the Sunni's.

And all the "experts" are trying to get us into that war...which again is the hot part of the Iran/Saudi Cold War. The US ain't to bright when it comes to the Middle East.

Obama's a moron, and about the only thing I can say positive about him is he hasn't gotten us into another war in the ME...Yet. (but I get the impression he'd like to)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Knocking out their enrichment capabilities should have been done without warning when they continually refused inspections.It'll take a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or major US city before any military action is taken therefore we may pay the ultimate price as no one has the balls to play the preemptive card.

Iran is crazy like a fox, not just crazy. Even if they get a nuke, they're not going to nuke Tel Aviv or a US city; that's suicide and they know it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Iran is crazy like a fox, not just crazy. Even if they get a nuke, they're not going to nuke Tel Aviv or a US city; that's suicide and they know it.

The technology once obtained is the threat I doubt they would hesitate to pass it on should it fit their agenda.I'm not for rolling the dice when our security is at stake are you?

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The technology once obtained is the threat I doubt they would hesitate to pass it on should it fit their agenda.I'm not for rolling the dice when our security is at stake are you?

which is why I don't understand why Israel hasn't done anything about it yet

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

which is why I don't understand why Israel hasn't done anything about it yet

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the POTUS had something to do with that.

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let the Isreli's fight em'. Take the bridle off...and let the Isreli's get after it...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
From 2004:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...also-disarm-iran-libya-and-syria-1.18707

Sharon says U.S. should also disarm Iran, Libya and Syria

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said yesterday that Iran, Libya and Syria should be stripped of weapons of mass destruction after Iraq.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 35 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.