Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Salty,

You poor poor STUPID Fhuqker...ain't it poignantly poetic,that your Dumbfhuqktitude is sooooooooooo fhuqking glaring,that even someone as fhuqking Stupid as you can discern same?!? Laughing!

I get a kick outta you "hard chargers" and all the energy you expend trying to convince yourselves that you've a first fhuqking clue. FUNNY schit! Just how in the fhuqk were you able to fhuqk up crystalline pics and still stick all of your feet in your mouth and your head even further up your ass? Now THAT was fhuqking impressive! Holy Schit WOW +P+!!!

Take it to the fhuqking bank,that if I take the time to type it,you'd be WELL served to apply it,especially if you don't understand it. Hint. Now read that again. One more time. Laughing!

Still curious to know who chews your food for you?

You'll haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Here's another 1000 words for you to fhuqk up,which will sail over your pointy head.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bless your heart....................

math',

I very much enjoyed your taking the time to highlight with different colors and granting her opportunity to flounder even more and dig the ditches deeper.

Groovin' on your sense of humor!................(grin)

'247,

Barrel/throat "secrets" and the "proprietary" Secret Squirrel Schit are glaring indicators,if only obviously.

At least on a 700,there are numerous moves to connect dots and a DBM digesting AICS mags,prolly don't suck too bad,though there are them who canslum a Wyatt. Big green's OEM 243's are rather nice.

Nawwwwwwww...nicer than that................(grin)

'Finn,

You know you is on THE most slippery of slopes and atop the skinniest of limbs,if the lying piece of schit Burns is your Trump Card. Extry extry points awarded for Humor though and saying sumptin' that fhuqking funny,with a straight face. Kudos!

I have it on good authority that George and crew will happily use whatever barrel you wish and throat it as per your whim,though it's apparently "fashionable" in this Age,to muse that such things "don't matter".

Despite few things mattering more.

Hint.................

'Bore,

The Hollywood Hunter digs 'em.

Laughing!.............

Jordan,

It IS funnier than fhuqk that Ms. Reed was all fhuqking giddy to wax eloquent on the Goat Fhuqk...yet ran away at FULL fhuqking throttle,when asked simplistic questions at the crux,that were/are beyond germane.

Telling.

I mean VERY fhuqking telling.

Run Forrest...run!...................

bob',

They are selling Snake Oil to THE Clueless.

Nothing more,nothing less and the ploy(s) are hardly "new".

Joe Average sure in the fhuqk,ain't very bright.

Just ask Salty!

Laughing!.................

Now if only for conversation and sumptin' that only the astute will savvy.

Here's an oft maligned OEM spout,that had zero issues with it's bore,but was a victim of both it's chambering tolerances and it's throat geometry,in relation to it's COAL.

Setback,punched out and the simplistic kiss,find pressure and rocking on...that ain't not never borned fruit(though I've only done so in 100's of barrels).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ahhhhhhh the virtues of finite headspace control and throat/twist/COAL dot connection(s).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/823/ih8a.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/829/lx13.jpg[/img]

Hint.

Just sayin'......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, I'll concede that the Turnkey wonder wasn't my best option for examples.... grin However, I believe I've said this many times already in this thread, that they have way more barrels twisted "right" then wrong. Of course that still leaves the nagging question of whether or not these rifles have harmonious (perfect) COAL/throat relationships for those who shoot one bullet per rifle (ie the longest). Man.....tuff crowd....... grin

R
Reed Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Greetings all,

My apologies for the very delayed responses, lots of activity here and makes it hard to keep up with the forums we belong to while building guns. Scrolling back some pages I tried to capture questions and comments and will respond below. The Web site is really the best place to go for information about our rifles.

Twist rates: after multiple discussion with Mark, the management team and our gunsmiths as well as others in the field we have made changes to many of the twist rates, all faster. The rates can be seen on the individual rifle pages or the details spreadsheet for each rifle for example here:
Closer-Full specifications sheet

A few of the forum members have commented to the effect that most shooters are not overly concerned with twist rate and we believe that to be true. This forum has members who are dedicated, technically savvy shooters who do pursue accuracy levels that may exceed 80% of the rifles on the market and we appreciate and genuinely consider their experiences. Our rifles are being built for hunters primarily, with the long range, tactical and varmint guns coming in the future. That is not to say that we should not strive for a greater level of accuracy in a hunting gun simply because of its use, but in reality modern barrel manufacture, CNC machining and knowledge of what makes a rifle shoot accurately have clearly changed the standards for most rifles. We believe ours meet and nearly always exceed those standards within the realm of producing an above average production rifle. Our target market was described in my first post, shooters who are looking for something the next step up from most of the production rifles out there with a great price point.

Chamber throats: All chamber throats will be cut to SAAMI specs, anything else becomes a custom rifle and will necessitate a higher price.

Action detailed specifications can be seen here which will answer many questions:
Model 704 Action Specifications

Accuracy Guarantee: I will be adding specific language as to our MOA accuracy gurantee this week to the Web site. Essentially we guarantee 3 shot MOA accuracy and will make it right if the rifle does not perform to our standards.

Barrel Source:: We realize that this information is important to many dedicated shooters but our business practice is to approach barrels (and all components of the rifle) against an accuracy standard. We do not want to box ourselves into specific manufacturers of the parts that we don't make, which are few. We have strict guidelines and specs on all the components of the rifle and will not deviate even if it means finding another supplier. We all know that any barrel manufacturer can produce a bad barrel from time to time, just ask them and we have. The rifles shoot or we will fix it.

Other comments: We had a booth at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg Pa 2 weeks ago and the response to our guns was overwhelming so that is telling us we believe we are on the right path. I think we could have sold 100 rifles if we had them in stock that week. We have had other experiences getting our rifles into the shooting community hands and the response is the same. Dealers and distributors are placing orders as well as customers so while we are taking great pains to not become overly enthusiastic and fool ourselves, one has to go on the data you are presented. I pass this information not in a manner to brag, but more to convey that we are listening and changing to meet the market as we can.

There have been a few comments something to effect of LAW being marketers etc. Certainly one of the goals of the new company is to make money. While I think we have tough skins at Legendary Arms Works I can assuredly state that the company is made of dedicated, enthusiastic shooters from young to old and varying experiences..even as one poster implied a "low level employee" like me grin . The passion that runs through all of us is to produce a 100% totally American Made and assembled rifle that each of us would want to own and I think we are on the path to doing so. BTW-we are serious when we say 100 % American made...we recently learned that the sling swivel studs we were using, made by a major accessory maker that we all know, were made in Vietnam. While they may be of acceptable quality, we immediately discontinued their use, found another American supplier and ending up saving $0.02 on each of them and replaced the foreign made studs...

Sometimes the passion runs high on this forum and we can understand that when you get two shooters in a room, even if virtual, the conversation can get interesting to say the least. I can appreciate the spirit of discussion and as I have stated in numerous posts we greatly appreciate all the feedback. I am trying to keep our Website up to date and we are working on FAQs and some other information.

Thank you to all for your input,

Paul

Last edited by Reed; 03/01/15.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the response. Still a bit short on the 243 and 284 but you're moving in the right direction.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
6.5's are good; 22, 24, and .28 calibers to go...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Reed
Greetings all,

Twist rates: after multiple discussion with Mark, the management team and our gunsmiths as well as others in the field we have made changes to many of the twist rates, all faster. The rates can be seen on the individual rifle pages or the details spreadsheet for each rifle for example here:
Closer-Full specifications sheet

A few of the forum members have commented to the effect that most shooters are not overly concerned with twist rate and we believe that to be true.
This forum has members who are dedicated, technically savvy shooters who do pursue accuracy levels that may exceed 80% of the rifles on the market and we appreciate and genuinely consider their experiences. Our rifles are being built for hunters primarily, with the long range, tactical and varmint guns coming in the future. That is not to say that we should not strive for a greater level of accuracy in a hunting gun simply because of its use, but in reality modern barrel manufacture, CNC machining and knowledge of what makes a rifle shoot accurately have clearly changed the standards for most rifles. We believe ours meet and nearly always exceed those standards within the realm of producing an above average production rifle. Our target market was described in my first post, shooters who are looking for something the next step up from most of the production rifles out there with a great price point.

This still begs the question: If most shooters are not concerned with twist rate, how will they be negatively affected by you satisfying those shooters who are concerned?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GregW
6.5's are good; 22, 24, and .28 calibers to go...
Yep missed the boat by a fair good bit

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Reed

Chamber throats: All chamber throats will be cut to SAAMI specs, anything else becomes a custom rifle and will necessitate a higher price.

Reed,

Why does cutting a non-SAAMI throat cost more than cutting a SAAMI throat?

Thanks,

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ms. Reed,

You remain an INCREDIBLY Clueless Dumbfhuqk and are making Salty look "bright". Laffin'!

"Secret" barrels and botched twist rates are a coupla amazingly STUPID fhuqking moves,from any/all angles. No schit...1-12" on a 22-250? How bad did you Dumb Fhuqkers shim it's COAL in comparison to the 243?!? Hang a picture of a 22-250 magbox/follower,if only for laughs.

Do tell about the great "thought",years of "experience" and countless years of field "results",that led you and your Paper Hat Brigade,to purposely field a 22-250(which is a 1.900" case) that will shoot less than half of these bullets,with 2.800"+ being on tap in regards COAL potential? Mebbe wax eloquent on the relationship(s) of same,when using your SAAMI throat geometry. Use as much Imagination as you deem requisite,to PRETEND you've a fhuqking clue! Laffin'!

Mebbe call Boddington?!? Re-laffin'! Ask her why a $600 AR will happily pinwheel the works?!? PLEASE share them "findings". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

I realize that it sails wellllllllllllllllll over your crossed-eyes,furrowed brow and pointy fhuqking head,but you Dumbfhuqks could have your cake and eat it too and it's only funny because you are oblivious to the ease in how to arrange same.

Nothing funnier than Clueless Fhuqking Bean Counters trying to "spec" a rifle,then making a FULL Fhuqking Retard "Stand" on how their colossal Dumbfhuqkery is somehow an "aspiration" to strive for. FUNNY schit! You are in soooooooooooo fhuqking far over your head,that it is simply gawdammned fhuqking amazing.

Does The Hollywood Hunter chew your food for you?!?

How in THE fhuqk,do you not know a single fhuqking thing,about a single fhuqking thing,yet are the "spokesperson"?!? This is THE Funniest schit in fhuqking Ages! Just ohhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooo WOW +P+!!!

You Stupid Fhuqkers are selling V-8's,running on 5 cylinders (the other 3 welded shut)and are patting yourselves on the back,at the keen "insight" that went into such decisions. Just how "loud" is your Imagination,when you "shoot" it?!?

Legendary Arms Works is a Jerry Lewis Telethon,but keep telling yourselves that you are doing "great" and really "know" about rifles.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Hint.

Your Stupidity is mind numbing in both it's depth and volume.

Congratulations?!?

Bullets matter more than headstamps. Read that again. Now one more time.

You'd be WELL served to print this Post and show it to your Paper Hat Brigade.

Thank me later.

Re-hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be curious to see how many on this thread will lay out the jingle to actually buy one....

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd be curious to see how many on this thread will lay out the jingle to actually buy one....

I won't that's for sure. I'm wanting an 8" or faster twist 6mm caliber rifle that I can push 105's to 2900-3000 fps. I'll either build or wait to see what SAS is able to do on his MRC group buy.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why buy what you don't want?
MRC is putting out special runs per shortactionsmoker that do pay attention to the trinity, and for less $
I'll liken this to someone telling the captain of the Titanic that there's an iceberg ahead, go hard to port and all will be well... instead he hitting the throttle to full steam ahead steady as she goes

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smoke has it figured out. Boutique rifles for a niche market.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With the way the costs have risen, getting to the point where it's cheaper to get your own lathe and go at it if you like to have more than one nice rifle.

You get to have it your way then.

(I know someone will come on here with spreadsheets and the like showing me I'm FOS but it's a general statement)

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Mr. Reed, thanks for coming on here and updating us in spite of folks like Boxer. Please ignore him. It's a shame the moderators don't ban his sorry ass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Boxer, since you are so damn smart why do you not work for a firearms company? Why do you not make your own custom rifles? Why are you not a writer for a major publication? Have you authored any books? What claim to fame do you have in life besides being a horrible example for your son, and an all around worthless POS? Have you ever actually done anything in your life that mattered? You ever serve in the military or law enforcement? Have you ever given anything back to your community?

No one doubts your knowledge, but why do you have to be such an a$$ on here?

Why do you get so upset over trivial matters? Never mind, I guess when you don't have anything else in your pathetic life besides your guns and your keyboard it's pretty easy to get all torqued about stupid things......especially when no one listens to you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JasonH
it's pretty easy to get all torqued about stupid things......especially when no one listens to you.

Oh the irony....

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Oh how sweet Teal, look at you rush to Boxer's defense. Bless your heart.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JasonH
Oh how sweet Teal, look at you rush to Boxer's defense. Bless your heart.

That's not defense of Larry - it's pointing out your own hypocrisy - doesn't matter whom you've directed it towards.

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm tired of arguing about all this nonsense. If you or boxer or anyone else on here don't care for LAW products, no one is going to force you to buy them. I've ordered one, and I'll let you guys know my thoughts when I recieve it. As a side note, this thread should probably be moved to the hunting rifles forum, as LAW rifles are not custom guns, they are production rifles.

Last edited by JasonH; 03/01/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You fought the LAW and the LAW won.

It gets such raving reviews from Dave Petzal and Ron Spomer, how could you go wrong!

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
740 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.