Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tomk
For all the wrong reasons...the same guy who touted 4 dollar a gallon gas to provide room for alternates to get a foothold.

He has spent 6 years on an endless campaign to drive liberal agenda. The biggest threat to his "accomplishments" are from the red states, notably Texas, who had the wherewithal to thumb its nose at Washington.

And of course, he hates Putin for his anti-gay stance.

A contrived and protracted oil price war is exactly what the liberals need for 2016. There is nothing more important to a politician as ruthless as Obama and his backers.

Fast and Furious was just a warm-up...

Yep, Texas is a model for the rest of the nation with it's roadside cavity searches and sending numerous civilians to prison on false charges to show the might of the state and local governments there.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was the increasing US production in those states that was serving to bring national oil prices down.

OPEC (the world's largest oil cartel) deciding not to cut back on production, in spite of the oil supply and demand situation worldwide, likely had more than a little bit to do with bringing down national oil prices also.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
It was the increasing US production in those states that was serving to bring national oil prices down.

OPEC (the world's largest oil cartel) deciding not to cut back on production, in spite of the oil supply and demand situation worldwide, likely had more than a little bit to bring down national oil prices also.

But it was our production that forced OPEC not to cut.

The only OPEC country that ever actually cuts production is Saudi Arabia, and right now they are in a war for market shares, so if they cut production, those markets needs would of just been filled by someone else. Prices would continue to decline, AND the Sauidi's would loose market share. With their growing welfare class, and the payoff necessary to keep them from revolting, the Saudi's had no real choice but to continue production levels.

OPEC is now less then 40% of the worlds oil production, which means the effectiveness of the cartel has been greatly degraded.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Gents, the longer-term effects will be higher oil/gas prices. It was the increasing US production in those states that was serving to bring national oil prices down. Price wars eliminate competition, in this case smaller US producers.

Price wars are the result of competition.

It's monopolies that eliminate competition.

You're dreaming of a "free" economy. Multiple "monopolies" on a worldwide scale are adjusting the price to what they want for their own political gain. It has nothing to do with a free supply/demand economy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Gents, the longer-term effects will be higher oil/gas prices. It was the increasing US production in those states that was serving to bring national oil prices down. Price wars eliminate competition, in this case smaller US producers.

Price wars are the result of competition.

It's monopolies that eliminate competition.

You're dreaming of a "free" economy. Multiple "monopolies" on a worldwide scale are adjusting the price to what they want for their own political gain. It has nothing to do with a free supply/demand economy.

Multiple large producers are called oligarchy's and their pricing mechanism operates differently then those of monopolies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Imagine if Poland and Germany and the Ukraine had embraced fracing instead of drinking the Kool aid.
Follow the money is right.
Putin and OPEC have had a vice grip on the west's balls for years.
Getting the west to believe that fracing is evil just supports their cause.
Hollywood has an unending supply of "useful idiots" lined up to serve.

I like it here. They let me swear.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

So how much was the US producing in the 90's when gas was a little over 80 cents a gallon....more or less?

T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

more...

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Defend the Constitution
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would like to see us use our own oil
and the Saudis drink their own oil.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
I remember paying 80 cents a gallon in the late 90's. How did we ever survive?

Didnt Clinton dump a bunch of oil out of the Strategic Reserves in '99, which caused the drop in gas?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

more...

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

So the US was producing more oil in the 90's than now?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
I remember paying 80 cents a gallon in the late 90's. How did we ever survive?

Didnt Clinton dump a bunch of oil out of the Strategic Reserves in '99, which caused the drop in gas?

Don't know if he did or did not. I do know that it averaged around $1.20 an gallon, then went down to 80 - 88 cent range rather quickly.

It stayed within the ($1.15 - $1.25 range up until around 2003. I remember because I had a job that required me to commute 44 miles one way. I accepted a position locally (no commute) at a higher wage. I remember thinking to myself, "not only did I get an increase in salary, but not having to commute was like an added bonus." When I left the former job, I filled up with gas on the way home. I had been paying $1.20 range. When I pulled up to the pump, I was shocked to see it at 88 cents a gallon. I remember thinking, "this is a good move."

T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
no

google up yearly US oil production

Defend the Constitution
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So the US produces less oil and the price is low (90's). The US produces more oil, and the price rises to record rates. The US continues to produces more oil and the price decreases. Now we are warned that lower priced gas is going to put US producers out of business...causing the US to produce less oil...and the price will go up?

T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
No.

The Obama administration colluding with the Saudis to allow oil to drop below the production costs of the US producers that I am talking about, will cause them to go out of business as they are leveraged. It is intentional.

Their success is a notable achievement considering the amount of whining about US oil dependence by every politician and American since OPEC was formed.

The last paragraph of the chart I posted should be instructional as to the Saudi's intent down the road.

Defend the Constitution
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
What you are proposing may be the case.

It may also be the case that in 2014 the US sold more oil than we imported (I believe this is accurate).

It is just as likely that US oil producers want higher crude oil prices so that they can sell more crude.

I don't care where the blame for higher gas prices falls, the American consumer will not suffer because of lower gas prices.

Wither or not the American consumer is "made" to suffer for the current cost of gas is a different matter.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 3,304 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,332
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.