Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So, were you standing on your head when you were shooting or writing?

Did sort of the same thing with my own after picking it up save for the muffler. Started out shooting nice patterns, but with a little tweak and twiddle, leg of newt and............... shazzam!

laugh

Don't remember...

From the looks of the target, could have been one or the other...

Both...? blush

Hmmm...

DF

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
BSA, What is a golf ball gun??? We have shot golf balls with pistols.. The only kind of golf that ever interested me.. A new game or sport?????

Yeah, we shoot against each other. The object of the game is to shoot 5 golf balls (that are individually suspended by a string)off a string before the other guy shoots his off. It's a lot of fun because sometimes the glue that holds the string on doesn't want to let go and the ball spins around the stand. We do a lot of shooting like this where you are shooting against another person. Some guys can't take the pressure and really screw up. Others keep their calm and cool and walk away with the money.. Kind of like our bowling pin shoots we have with our pistols.. We set the balls out at 50 yards, that's why I keep my rimfires zeroed in for 50 yards. I have shot my chuckster 22 mag and taken money home because it's so accurate. Even though it's a bolt action, if you make your shots count you can win the event. The 10-22's definitely have an advantage because of their speed, but we are only allowed to keep 5 rounds in the magazine. If we don't shoot the golf balls off with the first 5 shots, we have to reload our magazines. This all goes back to "make that first shot count"!!!!

Even though this is about the 10-22, this is how my chuckster shoots and how it's dialed in for this particular event:

[Linked Image]

This is the Federal 50gr. HP load. It knocks the hell out of golf balls and also works great on yotes.. wyocoyotehunter, this is the only golf I like as well...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Now, I could enjoy golf, played like that... grin

DF

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sounds like fun.. I will have to tell my pal and his son about it.. I shoot quite a bit, but in this little town there aren't that many shooters who would be interested.. Most own guns and hunt, but aren't serious shooters..

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking forward to seeing how that Elysium barrel shoots for you.

As I understand it, Clerke became Elysium. I think that Bo Clerke knew a thing or two about barrels.

IC B2

gonzaga Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yeah, Bo Clerke retired and unfortunately he passed away not too long after.....No was a great guy and was great to talk to. He was a wealth of knowledge....

So now Jim bought Clerke arms and now makes Elysium barrels and is a great guy too.....

gonzaga Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Double post.....

Last edited by gonzaga; 01/25/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's another group with Thunderbolts at 50y, before the Clerke got chopped...

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Excellent....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

587 members (10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,796
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.