Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
WB, if you're gonna be holed up for awhile might as well be happy about it.....grin

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the prep items are the same in Florida. No snow, but we do get a hurricane now and then.
Surprising how many people go into storm season, with nothing set aside.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
In the city, there's no place to put the snow. They have to haul it out in dumpsters and drop it in the rivers.

Holy chit, the EPA would freak out if they did that out here.

'City' snow can be dirty. In our little town they dump out alongside a couple roads(down in the ditch).
Always black nasty piles of oily dirt/sand and garbage left in the Spring after the snow is melted off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
Will be 61F here tomorrow

laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup! They had to do the same thing in DC after several back-to-back storms. All I could think of was all the junk not to mention the chemical treatments they put down put before the storms hit. Dumped right into the Potomac under the 495 Wilson bridge.

They tried moving it to RFK but the parking lots filled up fast and all of that ran off into the smaller rivers.

But at that point, people were so sick of snow that nobody said a word. Life in the big city! SUX!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Way too warm here, 47F right now. Snow is about gone, creeks ran last night....Mud rapidly forming.

Rather have a blizzard warning...grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't have to leave the house for at least a couple of months. I'll run out of milk, but otherwise I'm good to go.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, just one of those things that would be nice to avoid(if possible).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Way too warm here, 47F right now. Snow is about gone, creeks ran last night....Mud rapidly forming.

I'm still trying to get sent to mexico for a couple of months!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't have to leave the house for at least a couple of months. I'll run out of milk, but otherwise I'm good to go.

We'd be screwed here if the power went down.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm good on heat, don't need power for that. Generator will run the well and freezer. I'm not set up to run the water heater, but I don't need that in a 'real' survival situation.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

We'd be screwed here if the power went down.

Dude, you need one of those pimp 70's style fireplaces in the palace.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
SH, you are in way better shape. I don't even have a generator for the freezer. Much less heat.

Rancho, I think the palace originally had one of those!
Seriously, some kind of retro fireplace.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bread and milk and beer!

I just heard that it could be the worst blizzard ever recorded in NYC.

Couple of feet of snow from NY to Boston?

That would absolutely suck for travel/work.

Rogue, what is the storm warning detail for your area?

he densely populated area from New York City to Boston could experience one of its ten biggest snowstorms on record early this week, as a textbook nor�easter takes shape over the next 48 hours. While local details are bound to evolve somewhat as the storm develops, the models are now in strong, consistent agreement on a potentially crippling snowstorm. Blizzard watches were hoisted on Sunday morning from eastern New Jersey to northeast Massachusetts, including the New York, Providence, and Boston metropolitan areas.

Hey Sam.

I'm out on Long Island. Yeah, it's gonna suck getting to work.

That bread and milk thing is frikken hysterical.

I remember staying in a HoJo in Huntsville, Al, overlooking the Piggly Wiggly parking lot when they were predicting an ice storm. You would have thought the world was coming to an end.

- Rogue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I think I'll prepare.

You do here, takes a genuine blizzard to stop circuit court. Ice and snow won't do it so long as a plow can get through. And the judge and magistrate have an 80 mile commute (ordinarily in session once a week and a motions day if needed).

Prepping here is being a week or so ahead on groceries which is pretty much normal if you shop the specials.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[quote=SamOlson]SH, you are in way better shape. I don't even have a generator for the freezer. Much less heat.

Sam, in the event of a blizzard that shut off electricity and no source for indoor heating, you probably wouldnt lose anything in the freezer. wink

I would have a heater and several 5 gal propane tanks.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/25/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ain't looking forward to this one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Eyeball, cold part of winter no doubt. Summer could be a stinkin' mess though!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure. A couple years ago i had to get a big gas generator and hook it to the freezer and fridge.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by isaac
I think I'll prepare.

You do here, takes a genuine blizzard to stop circuit court. Ice and snow won't do it so long as a plow can get through. And the judge and magistrate have an 80 mile commute (ordinarily in session once a week and a motions day if needed)...

Was on a jury a few years ago when we had a real winter. They even brought in the big blowers to open the county road. The normal day's drifting made the roads a lane and a half - everyone had to be on his best behavior when meeting. One day found one of the jurors unable to get to court. A deputy went and collected her on a snowmobile.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.