Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9543694 01/24/15
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
anyone had nerves cauterized in lower lumbar i'm going in tomorrow they did steroid shots a few months back it worked but pain returned tomorrow there caurterizing

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
What an ordeal. I hope it turns out well for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No sir, but I wish you the best with the procedure and hope it relieves your pain.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you been doing stretching exercises?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not cauterized, but have had some Faccette joint nerve bock shots in the lowest region of my low back. I get them a couple of times a year. Kinda painful, but they sure do work. Cauterize is a possible next step. Sorry you have to go through this, but I sure hope it works for you. It sure seems like it should.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That may help to some degree, but probably not a cure.

For me, it took the sharp edge off the pain but my back is constantly sore in varying degrees. Seems like almost anything gets it stirred up and hurting.

I don't intend to have any other surgery done because I have seen too many people that have had one surgery after another, and the end result was worse than when they started.

Your procedure is probably the best route for now, but don't expect miracles.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had my lower back fixed over 10 years ago. best thing i ever did.L2-L3 disc trimmed to relieve the nerve pressure.i was one of the lucky ones i guess my operation worked great.

stretching exercise will help.do it before getting out of bed . bend your legs up to your chest,across,backwards ,any way you can.another thing that always helped me when i got to hurting was to set down on anything really low. lower then a normal chair,and lean forward and stretch out the lower back for 5 minutes or so. it always relieved my pain.

shots can do wonders if the doc can hit the perfect spot.wife has a bad disc now. she took 2 shots that did nothing,third she said hurt 10 times as bad as the first two. doctor hit the right spot ,she's been good for 8 months .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sure hope that makes things better. I have 'thrown out' my back a few times, and it's super painful.

Sam......

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The best for you!
Low back pain is horrible.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had the IDET procedure done about 10 years ago it helped a lot....I was having muscle spasms daily!!!It stopped them....I still have back pain but not as often. Good luck and enjoy the pain killers they give you afterwards. grin

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 01/25/15.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
#1 strengthen the abs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hope this works for you, 1 year ago I had mine fixed permanently and had S1, L5, and L4 fused solved every problem I had now I just have to get through the healing. I figure another year and I'll be close to 100%.

If you ever decide to go that route make Damn sure you do your reasearch and find the right doctor as the secret to success is the right mechanic. I went throughout 3 docs before I decided on the one that cut me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tagging this post. I fell 11 weeks ago tomorrow and sustained multiple transverse process fractures (L2, L3, L4). I'm going for more pictures next week, and decide from there what to do next.

16penny, I hope all works out for you in the end. IIRC, you are a carpenter as well? Back pain truly sucks when you are trying to build stuff. Good luck!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had it done in 95,didn't help much. I also had the steroid injections. I had an earlier fusion at S1. Then in 07, I had L5, L4, done. My most succesful pain management was a TENS unit. It is wise to try every option prior to surgery ,but sooner or later you will have to bite the bullet and get-er-done.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went last week for an MRI and am now waiting for the Doc to tell me what is next. I had the therapy and shots that just lasted a week to ten days. He wanted a new MRI since the last one was over a year old. My pain is also much worse that a year ago. Good luck to all with back pain. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I'm probably looking at the same. My pain doc did a diagnostic facet joint injection a couple of weeks ago which is an attempt to figure out what nerve(s) is/are causing the pain. It helped for a day or so which indicates he found the correct level. This injection wasn't for for longer term pain relief so it didn't include any steroids.

I think for my insurance to cover the cauterization, he'll have to do another at the same spot to definitively pinpoint the problem nerve(s) and then perform the cautization.

The cauterization procedure is similar to the steroid injection and the facet joint injection. Via real time x-ray, the doc will position an RF probe alongside the nerve and essentially kill it. Since the targeted nerve is a sensory/pain receptor only and doesn't control any muscles so there won't be any adverse effects on any movement, etc. From what I've read the nerve will gradually regenerate so the pain may come back and if necessary the cauterization can be done again.

If your doc gave you a sedative for your previous injections, he'll most likely do the same for the cauterization and you won't feel a thing but could have some local pain the next day or so.

There's a lot of info if you search for lumbar nerve cauterization.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your doc gave you a sedative for your previous injections, he'll most likely do the same for the cauterization and you won't feel a thing but could have some local pain the next day or so.

Due to some crazy schit, I just had laughing gas, which was OK. They originally told me to not eat or drink after Midnight, although my appointment was for 1:30 PM, which was over 12 hours. While finalizing my appointment the Woman saw that I was a Type II diabetic and she was worried that my sugar would crash with that long of a gap between eating, so She consulted the Dr. The Dr. said that it would be OK for me to have some toast and coffee around 7:00 am, but when the person that was going to give me the sedative found out that I had had a bite to eat 7 hours earlier, She spazzed out. and asked me why. I related the whole story but she still would not give me the regular medicine, even after talking to the Dr. Then next time I told them that the laughing gas was OK and forget the rest. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
16penny, Prayers and best wishes offered... when your back hurts....EVERYTHING seems to hurt. Please let us know how this turns out for you.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Radio Frequency Lesioning. Better than winning the Powerball.

I have degenerative hip problems, lumbar pain and Sciatica.

Feel like I could max the PFT.

Last edited by krupp; 01/25/15.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by safariman
Not cauterized, but have had some Faccette joint nerve bock shots in the lowest region of my low back. I get them a couple of times a year. Kinda painful, but they sure do work. Cauterize is a possible next step. Sorry you have to go through this, but I sure hope it works for you. It sure seems like it should.

that's what mine is faccettidle arthritis the procedure is Monday at 3;30 not today i don't usually know what day it is

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,109
Posts18,464,293
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.