Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I'll buy the Legend edge stock for what I want, and then you can buy a standard fill Legend to get the gun to balance correctly. I want it for a lightweight setup, and it would work perfectly. Honestly, fiddling with rings/scope setup isn't going to get you enough weight toward the back end to balance it out. A standard fill McM does balance just about perfect with the 24" sporter barrel.

Bingo...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

TDN Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Or... keep the edge and order up a Lilja #2 7mm, throat it for what you want to shoot and ...uh... how you say... fill some arks?!!

Last edited by tdn; 01/25/15.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'll buy the Legend edge stock for what I want, and then you can buy a standard fill Legend to get the gun to balance correctly. I want it for a lightweight setup, and it would work perfectly. Honestly, fiddling with rings/scope setup isn't going to get you enough weight toward the back end to balance it out. A standard fill McM does balance just about perfect with the 24" sporter barrel.

Bingo...

Yeah....that will work.

Or....get a #2 Krieger,finish to 24", and have it contoured where it transitions over the chamber area into the shank. That's where there is a lot of excess meat on the factory tube,or the #2 as well. It'll balance with the light Edge stock.

Did someone say that already? smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Bingo...

Yeah....that will work.

Or....get a #2 Krieger,finish to 24", and have it contoured where it transitions over the chamber area into the shank. That's where there is a lot of excess meat on the factory tube,or the #2 as well. It'll balance with the light Edge stock.

Did someone say that already? smile

Probably a time or 3... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.