Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Also posted in classifieds, but thought I might get a bit more activity here:

I have been too sick and weak, as well as adle brained and fuzzy headed from meds and bad blood to ride my Harley since about the middle of last July, so thought it a good time to work out a deal with a freind of mine to do some customizing to it while I was waiting to get a Kidney, and a transplant. I am now set for my transplant, as mentioned here before, in March and HOPE to feel like riding again this late spring and summertime.

Anyone have an old empty artillery shell casing or two laying around they can sell me or allow me to trade them out of? How about an old Stainless Steel Canteen? Also need two big green surplus ammo cans.

Over the Winter, and hopefully finishing up while I am in Seattle getting my Kidney Transplant (that will be a whole month ordeal....) my motorcycle mechanic and builder (who recieved a pretty decent lazer sighted 45ACP and a bunch of ammo in trade for his work here but this is still mostly a labor of friendship and fun) is finishing up the turbocharger add on and some cosmetic stuff to give my bike ('03 Harley Sportster/Roadster) a WW ll Warbird look to it. We are adding old ammo cans to the rear fender struts for my luggage bags, a SS Canteen for an oil bag for the turbochargers oiling system, some flying tiger teeth and eyes motief, and other touches.

What we would LIKE to do, to really set this bike apart, is use a couple of old artillery shells with about a 2.5-3.5 inch I.D for my exhaust pipe and turbocharger air intake tube.

Era, original caliber, country of origin not terribly important. He will cut, chop, weld as needed to marry the parts together. Only requirement being at least a 2.5 inch ID (3in or more is better)and in not rusted out condition.

Whatchagot?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by safariman; 01/26/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
x

Last edited by kamo_gari; 01/26/15.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am planning for another shot a life, in full again. My kidney is coming from a first cousin of mine.

I need one to have a shot at life, too. But unlike some might do, I am already looking forward to my life after being this sick this long. It as been a long and not fun haul, three years worth of just the worst part. FWIW, one cannot be considered for a Kidney Transplant until they are on the brink of death or Dyalysis, which I most certainly am.

Have any more value judgements to make based upon inadequate data and mis information?

If you are ever faced with a potential life ending disease, you can choose how you plan to give yourself some hope for the other side of said illness however you wish to. This is my way of having some things to look forward to while I am doing all of my rehab etc. And, my friend is doing this for me in large part to also give me a hope and dream to hang onto during some soon coming very dark days.

My great grandfather died from this, as did my grandfather. Both at a younger age than I am right now. Surviveability of this surgery with both of my old kidneys coming out is not 100%, either.

But it is well known that faith, along with hopes and dreams to look forward to help much in getting one through an ordeal like the one I have coming. 30 days worth at a minimum, before I can come home and continue a long rehab.

I HOPE to feel up to riding the motorcycle sometime after my surgery, and a good friend is fixing it up for me so that I am even more excited about it and the prospects.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Dude...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone wasn't manipulating members or running another con, they
would find this stuff on ebay in 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UFB.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman

But it is well known that faith, along with hopes and dreams to look forward to help much in getting one through an ordeal like the one I have coming.

Actually, faith alone is sufficient.

Guns, bikes, etc are just as much a preoccupation before as they are after potential life changing events.

May want to re-evaluate your post operative life choices.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Also posted in classifieds, but thought I might get a bit more activity here:

Oh I bet it gets PLENTY of activity both here and in the Classifieds.

Pathetic.....

IC B3

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really hope this turns into another UBER safariman thread. This could get really good.

pri�or�i�ty

noun
plural noun: priorities
a thing that is regarded as more important than another.
"housework didn't figure high on her list of priorities"
the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important.
"the safety of the country takes priority over any other matter"
synonyms: prime concern, most important consideration, primary issue More

Clyde

Last edited by BLG; 01/26/15.

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I am just waiting for a second hand, only slightly used Kidney to appear in the classified! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" three years worth of just the worst part."

Time DOES fly, but it doesn't seem THAT long ago that Big Bad You,and Your Big Black SIL, were ready to beat hell out of anyone that dared show up at your place.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Time DOES fly, but it doesn't seem THAT long ago that Big Bad You,and Your Big Black SIL, were ready to beat hell out of anyone that dared show up at your place.

Yep, he was loaded for woodchuck and shot the azz off a Bear

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Link for the laugh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ebay or any decent gun show. Hell, a good size Army Surplus shop would likely have it.

safariman is somehow having a double rifle that might be in hand later this year, and somehow sourcing a .45ACP with laser grips (that must have been a trade deal done), buying stuff at Cabelas and on here, and yet can't manage to get the cheapest of crap from Ebay or any number of online surplus dealers.

I agree with kamo_gari and RWE; priorities are skewed to an amazing degree.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The one that was going to father an entire offensive line with his daughter?

That was epic.

Not "plans to build a WWII styled Harley Roadster while on the brink of death epic". But still, pretty fuggin' epic.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Ebay or any decent gun show. Hell, a good size Army Surplus shop would likely have it.

safariman is somehow having a double rifle that might be in hand later this year, and somehow sourcing a .45ACP with laser grips (that must have been a trade deal done), buying stuff at Cabelas and on here, and yet can't manage to get the cheapest of crap from Ebay or any number of online surplus dealers.

Dude!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a canteen? There are probably less than 12 billion in circulation right now.

Trades considered!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 4ager

Dude!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a canteen? There are probably less than 12 billion in circulation right now.

Trades considered!

Travis

Yeah, I'm just hording the couple stainless ones I have waiting for the market to spike.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If safariman is going all the way across the state to UW to get his miracle transplant, you'd have to think he'd pass plenty of surplus shops along the way.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9500629/1

Sherri and I will hook up the 5th wheel to the F-250 and point it all toward the U of W / Virgina Mason center for Kidney, Liver and Pancreas transplants.

Of course, that's the location with the miracle KOA that's a perfect recovery unit for post-kidney transplants.

There is a KOA nearby and this will be our home for about one month while I go through the surgery and long recovery. My mother and step dad with possibly another caregiver/helper will be coming along and staying with us as I will be very frail and need 24 hour attention for a while. Due to the possibility of an artery suture blowout or my body starting to reject the new Kidney, I and my caregivers all have to stay within a 10 minute drive of the hospital for at least one month after the operation.

Then again, that's over in that area of the state where he couldn't attend a rally against I594:

Yep, I am scheduled for a Kidney Transplant in March. I posted about this a week or so ago. I will be in Seattle for a full month recovering.

For someone to be like this:

Just like I am too sick to drive 5 miles from my home to duck hunt, or go to a gun show, I am far too weak right now to go to such a rally. Kidney function is down to only 21%. My resting heart rate is most often well above 100BPM because it is so hard for my heart to get blood through my blocked kidneys. My internet chatting right now is my only time out of bed all day today. My arms and legs are covered in unsightly sores from my lack of kidney function and I am chronically fatigued, out of breath and exhausted.

There's a helluva lot of traveling anticipated, and a lot of dealing around going on.

Last edited by 4ager; 01/26/15.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.