Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Plab
here we go again... another blizzard ...55 more days until ice out (:

plab

My A*SS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's JUST snow. Hunker down and fondle sumpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ya ya I know but I'm getting sick if sitting on the tractor.
besides I've shined 'em all up.... if this keeps up I'm gonna wind up like fireball and swapping parts around... LOL

plab

Gotta love them 303's
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got about 14 to 18" on the ground total this winter, piles where I shovel/snowblow it are getting near 4 feet. Been blasting the ice dams on my roof with hot water under pressure, cuts them like a hot knife, just a little to wet and chilly for to much of it. Been raking the roof EVERY snow storm, as I had both wall at the ends leak in the winter of 2010/11. Had to rip them apart and re-insulate, redo the bathroom tub and all, etc...

Got 4 to 5" today so far, getting ready to go snowblow it as my sweeties coming over for lobster tails and filet on the grill with home grown white corn and garlic mash potatoes.

My grill NEVER sleeps...

Besides, anything less than 12" is a dusting...

Stay safe all!

Blitz

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sitting on a TRACTOR????????????? WTF. I drive a walk behind snowblower. Try THAT when you're 70. End up like Fireball?????????????? You gonna put on pink bloomers as well. Your a friggan hereon choker not an Ore-gonner. With emphasis on "gonner". grin grin

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think if you were to do my yard with a WALK BEHIND BLOWER.. you'd be dead .. takes 3-4 hours on a tractor.... and besides don't be so cheap .. by a plow or something..... sell one of those rusty old k's you got ..:) hehehehe

plab

Gotta love them 303's
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LBK I bet you walk behind ur blower up and down ur dirveway.. up hill both ways right..

plab

Last edited by Plab; 02/14/15.

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why do you HAVE to be such a JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

You're right. My drive is only 24' wide by 30' long. On a BAD day it takes me about 2 hours. I need to be cheap so I can buy my guns. I get that free money from Bam Bam and I want him to know I use it for my collection.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh you guys! It snowed here at lunch time enough to make the ground white. Then the sun came out and it disappeared. Every few years we get a righteous blizzard, but so far this year our total is around 6". Our driveway is around 300 yards long, but the five residences on it chip in to keep it cleared. The guy behind us got a plow for his 4x4, and between that and my landlord's diesel John Deere w/bucket (for which I am the designated driver) we have kept ourselves opened up, even in the nasty stuff we had a couple years ago. I sort of regretted the influx of all this snow equipment because up 'til then I had a good excuse for not showing up at work now and then.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/14/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
LBKs drive is up hill i been there! its 4 here now -23 realfeel going down to -17 tonight we have about 14-16 inchs of snow now, down 10 inch from where we should be! think I used the snowblower 3 times this year but will have to use it tommorow 40 mph winds theres some dandy drifts! time to put another log on the fire!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Longbeardking]Why do you HAVE to be such a JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

I'm hating the snow..

they did just down grade the storm. smile 9" to 12"
we can just sweep that away

plab

Gotta love them 303's
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just took dogs out. Wind chill -25. 4degrees and 30mph winds.
Predicting -12 to -15 tonight. I have drifts azzhole deep to a 10 foot Indian. Looks like I will be getting John Deere with bucket and back blade out in the morning if the winds have died down. If not, then whenever the winds quite.
This makes a guy want to move down south.
Hope you guys living in the NE don't get this wind.

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Plab
LBK I bet you walk behind ur blower up and down ur dirveway.. up hill both ways right..

plab

No, just one. When we had horses, I used to do from the road to the barn wide enough to get a hay truck in there. That was about 300'. I just stopped doing that within the las couple years. It's snowing now. It's fluffy so it'll be easy to throw. Wind is REALLY blowing and still blizzard like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
LBKs drive is up hill i been there! its 4 here now -23 realfeel going down to -17 tonight we have about 14-16 inchs of snow now, down 10 inch from where we should be! think I used the snowblower 3 times this year but will have to use it tommorow 40 mph winds theres some dandy drifts! time to put another log on the fire!

The last storm we had I used it 3 times in one DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
-16 and realfeel -29 here this moring but no wind! it make it worse when you see a thread about Montana with no snow and 65 out!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
-28*F last night but only got 2" snow. I can still see trail I made around Christmas going out back, not enough snow yet to cover it. Must have sent all our snow out east this winter! When we do not get over 100" snowfall its a mild winter and that's where we are so far..... But the heating bills have been just as high?!?!?!

Bruce
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
#$%#%#'ing weather terrorist .. I like it, 2 inches of snow and the radar shows its gone by. it's windy and cold but neptune blew out to sea for us.:)

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It didn't "blow by" us.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Some of you yankee guys will laugh at me, but they're predicting 1-3" of snow here tonight, and 8"-12" tomorrow. I know that's picnic weather for you guys, but I haven't seen a foot of snow since I was a small boy.

My kids, ages 11 and 16, have never seen a good snow. I kind of hope we get it.

Folks here can't drive in a dusting of snow. It'll be interesting for sure.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/15/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Some of you yankee guys will laugh at me, but they're predicting 1-3" of snow here tonight, and 8"-12" tomorrow. I know that's picnic weather for you guys, but I haven't seen a foot of snow since I was a small boy.

My kids, ages 11 and 16, have never seen a good snow. I kind of hope we get it.

Folks here can't drive in a dusting of snow. It'll be interesting for sure.

Trust me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I WOULDN'T have it any other way. I LOVE every season. The ONLY thing that concerns me is the deer and birds. My wife and I snow shoe out every day to do the feeding. And contrary to what F&G says supplementing with quality mixed grain, NO pellets, DOES help the deer and birds survive.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Good on you, LBK. Even though I've heard biologists say not to feed wildlife, my heart goes out to the critters trying to survive in winter conditions. I tried to make a deal with the neighborhood "suburban" deer this year that if I threw them some corn would they not eat our apples and pears come next summer. The shifty buggers hemmed and hawed and said "yeah, sure, uh huh, that's the ticket." I gave 'em the corn anyway. (Thing is, once you start you can't stop. There was a couple times a few years ago when money was really tight and the deer moochers ate better than I did.)

Old Ma Nature did an about face on us last night. After the dusting and subsequent sunny afternoon, dinner time found the temps plummeting and a heavy wet snow came driving down- to the tune of around 3" per hour, for about an hour. After spending all day doing rust blue cycles I was in no mood for driving home in a whiteout. Then the wind howled all night and we got a taste of what it's like to live in the land of the wind chill factor. I would've preferred a lot more snow than what we got in lieu of 50 MPH gusts and 10º temps. Oh well, 'tis the season. It won't be long until it's time to drink cold beer under an awning while watching pretty girls in summer dresses sashay by.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/15/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.