Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
That's a NICE model 28 S&W ! Was it converted to .38 WCF ? Never seen one in that caliber.

I've had one of the Ruger Buckeye Sports Specials in 38-40 / 10mm for a long time. Never clocked it for velocity, over a chrono, but it's a very accurate handgun.

Yes. I had Al Seigrist rebore the barre and Alan Harton do the rest.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM

More than happy to oblige. Working an azzload of OT?

Work?

Are you crazy?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The 10mm, to me, is intended to be used in a semi-auto. I can see no logical reason to have a 10mm revolver when the 41 Mag. is available (except....just because...and that's enough reason for a "gun nut").

Everyone seems to assume the Glock (which I dislike) or the Colt Delta (which I love) are the only options. One gun chambered in 10mm which I own and like is the EAA Witness. It is much lower in price to the Delta (which is why I don't own a Delta) and, to me, a better made gun than the Glock.

The Witness has the advantage of being able to be carried in singe action mode (cocked and locked) like a 1911, or in double action configuration (hammer down, double action). It is NOT a lightweight or small pistol, but I can handle it well even with my short fingers (particularly with the hammer back (cocked and locked).

Mine is very accurate and it is half the price of a 1911 in 10mm. It is even cheaper than the Glock and doesn't have a reputation of "blowing up" with heavy loads. Quite a nice gun for the money.

Look at the Witness and I think you will be impressed. Unless you are just hung up on the revolver idea, I believe the Witness is the way to go. If revolver is your goal....the >41 Mag. is a much better choice than the 10mm.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I have had just about every 10mm except the original Bren Ten. I had a Witness compact but he er could warm up to it. I have had the different S&W 1000 series guns and several 610s, various 1911s and Glocks and loved them all. It is time for a custom 10.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TexasRick
The 10mm, to me, is intended to be used in a semi-auto. I can see no logical reason to have a 10mm revolver when the 41 Mag. is available (except....just because...and that's enough reason for a "gun nut").

Everyone seems to assume the Glock (which I dislike) or the Colt Delta (which I love) are the only options. One gun chambered in 10mm which I own and like is the EAA Witness. It is much lower in price to the Delta (which is why I don't own a Delta) and, to me, a better made gun than the Glock.

The Witness has the advantage of being able to be carried in singe action mode (cocked and locked) like a 1911, or in double action configuration (hammer down, double action). It is NOT a lightweight or small pistol, but I can handle it well even with my short fingers (particularly with the hammer back (cocked and locked).

Mine is very accurate and it is half the price of a 1911 in 10mm. It is even cheaper than the Glock and doesn't have a reputation of "blowing up" with heavy loads. Quite a nice gun for the money.

Look at the Witness and I think you will be impressed. Unless you are just hung up on the revolver idea, I believe the Witness is the way to go. If revolver is your goal....the >41 Mag. is a much better choice than the 10mm.

I'm thinkin' this guy might be a Texan.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've got a GP 100 in 10mm by Clements Custom, it's a handy little thing.
[Linked Image]
Ronnie

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Sweet! Did you have the action job done and if so was it worth it?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yes, it has an action job and it much nicer than stock. Also have 2 front sights, one a green fiber optic.
Ronnie

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
pacecars
Is that a 5 or 6 shot unit?? It would be faster if it take one moon clip for all the cylinders, but would you have to carry several loaded clips all the time? Other wise just do a 41 mag.
with speed loader. I just kinda partial with BH in 41 and Glock 20, so have both bases covered. But neither is as nice. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by TexasRick

I had several Witness pistols in 45 and 10mm before stepping up to the G20. They are good solid guns, but the magazines aren't that great, which really takes away from the gun's performance. Accuracy in both my 45's was good, but the 10mm was just so-so, nothing to brag about. In my experience, the Witness was no less prone to blowing out a case head than the G20. If you don't mind the weight, they are a reasonably good gun for the price, but they are definitely not on the same quality level as a Glock or a good 1911.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by northcountry
pacecars
Is that a 5 or 6 shot unit?? It would be faster if it take one moon clip for all the cylinders, but would you have to carry several loaded clips all the time? Other wise just do a 41 mag.
with speed loader. I just kinda partial with BH in 41 and Glock 20, so have both bases covered. But neither is as nice. Cheers NC

It is a six shot. I had a 610 and a 25 that I carried occasionally and just carried a couple of loaded clips in my pocket with no problems.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm gonna have to send something to Clements because of you.

Travis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm gonna have to send something to Clements because of you.

Travis

Ruger LCR? whistle

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Probably a Flattop.

I need one in a .40.

LCR's are perfect from the factory... grin

Travis

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I have no doubt that this won't be the last one I send him. Next on the list is a New Vaquero rechambered to 10mm and barrel cut to 4 inches and one of his S&W style rear sights and dovetail front sights installed.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The new Glock 40 looks interesting

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yea, I've been halfheartedly looking for a G20L (longslide) for a few years. I haven't seen a G40 for sale yet, but soon...

just picked up a 1076 to go with my G20, though...

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
After yesterday I realized life is too short. We had a call about a guy slumped over the steering wheel at an intersection and when the officer got on scene it turned out to be one of my dispatchers. He was only 43 which is 6 years younger than me. If the Glock G40 is available through Blue Label I am buying one too.

Last edited by pacecars; 02/01/15.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
me want

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
85 members (338reddog, 308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.