Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That's funny that right there.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I built a Surgeon actioned rifle for Match shooting so no mounts to move and I tend to use Rugers for hunting and I don't ride quads.
I have seen 8X40 screws break too. M24 running a MIRS rail and NightForce with a lot PVS-26 time.

Even if you hadn't read the book you had thought about the potential weak points in the optic/mounting system and worked to eliminate them and arrived at the same conclusion he did.

On a side note I did see a brand new out the box and mounted that same morning H-58 3-15 NXS F1 take a dump. We took it off the rifle and you could hear something rattle inside. The reticle couldn't be brought into focus. Not sure what turned out to be wrong with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've consulted with my florist and the hand bag sales"man", Ren�, at Dillard's, and they both agree that your tone and attitude reek of insubordination.

Insubordination is the act of willfully disobeying one's superior.
It covers disrespectful language directed at a superior.

grin laugh.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You may consider a consultation with Tyrone', your Proctologist, and see if by chance he can assist you with the removal of your head from your ass as well...

Your Megalomania will soon put you in a place that is hard to escape, that would be a fools fate... In your delicate and fragile state I doubt highly you would be able to recover the consequences...

Megalomania, which is also known as a superiority complex, is a psychological disorder in which the affected individual experiences an exaggerated feeling of self-importance. This is generally the result of an underlying inferiority complex. The individual likely feels inadequate or unimportant in some way and attempts to compensate for this with an illusory superiority and egotism. The individual may have received such praise and admiration as a child that feelings of superiority carried over into adulthood. Other possible causes of a superiority complex include emotional abuse, excessive criticism, and overindulgence from parents. While these individuals may claim to be an expert or highly skilled in certain areas, they are fully aware that they are not superior to others.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Are there any light weight scopes that track worth a damn? All the scopes tested were too heavy to put on most hunting rigs and they didn't even pass. Seems kinda hopeless to think a >200z scope could stand a chance. I'm not a fan of hold over reticles but I'm even less of a fan of having a scope not track correctly or return to zero.

Last edited by jsthntn247; 01/28/15.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I haven't had much luck finding a light weight scope that tracks consistently. Obviously haven't tried them all, but had failures with burris, and leupold.(4 times on the leupolds.) I finally went to a swfa 3x15. It is not light, but I decided that the extra 6 to 8 oz. was worth carrying for the added dependability. This scope has worked flawlessly so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jsthntn247
Are there any light weight scopes that track worth a damn? All the scopes tested were too heavy to put on most hunting rigs and they didn't even pass. Seems kinda hopeless to think a >200z scope could stand a chance. I'm not a fan of hold over reticles but I'm even less of a fan of having a scope not track correctly or return to zero.

Short answer to that, at least IME, is not really. I've had decent luck with Leupold 6x42s "tracking" and returning to zero, and retaining zero, but it's been a crap shoot for me save for those scopes.

Seems that the SWFA 3-9, and Nightforce's 2.5-10s are about the lightest scopes out there that offer consistent return to zero, zero retention, and tracking reliability...

Tanner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
has anyone checked the vortex pst series. I think the vortex razor guys should be alarmed at the tracking test in that video, that isn't a cheap scope. its actually more expensive than a nightforce.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by jsthntn247

Short answer to that, at least IME, is not really. I've had decent luck with Leupold 6x42s "tracking" and returning to zero, and retaining zero, but it's been a crap shoot for me save for those scopes.

Seems that the SWFA 3-9, and Nightforce's 2.5-10s are about the lightest scopes out there that offer consistent return to zero, zero retention, and tracking reliability...

Tanner

The SWFA 3-9 comes in at an ounce or two under 20, as well...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
has anyone checked the vortex pst series. I think the vortex razor guys should be alarmed at the tracking test in that video, that isn't a cheap scope. its actually more expensive than a nightforce.

The couple of PST's that I've tested and used tracked and RTZ 100% correctly. Click values had <0.5% error. The Razor I have now tested out at <1% error, and has been completely reliable. It's only got just less than 1000 rounds so far, but zero problems.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I know a guy who is having good luck with his razor too, but they are not light either.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
VX6.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What about Meopta?

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 84 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,064
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.