Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was reportedly held captive by Taliban militants for five years, will be charged with desertion for leaving his post, according to sources of retired Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer. Bergdahl was only released after President Barack Obama negotiated with the terrorists, agreeing to release five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay.

Shaffer, senior fellow at the London Center for Policy Research, told Bill O�Reilly on Monday night that his sources have confirmed the Army has concluded its investigation and Bergdahl�s lawyer has been given a �charge sheet� informing him of the desertion charge.

�This has been done, the decision has been made,� Shaffer asserted. �And let me be very clear, as a corporate entity, the Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation.�

It�s important to note that Shaffer�s claims have yet to be confirmed by the U.S. Army or government officials.

He said the next step in the case will be similar to the grand jury process. If the charges stand, the Bergdahl case will proceed to a court-martial, according to Shaffer.

Shaffer also said the Obama administration has been keeping details on the desertion charges hidden from the public. He personally placed blame on Ben Rhodes, Obama�s deputy national security advisor.

�This is shaping up to be a Titanic struggle behind the scenes,� he added. �Believe me, the Army here wants to do the right thing. Factually, there�s no way they can not do the right thing regarding Bergdahl. And the White House, because of the political narrative, President Obama cozying up to the parents and because he, President Obama, releasing the five Taliban� The narrative is what the White House does not want to have come out.�

http://weaselzippers.us/212260-breaking-report-that-bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good for the Army. Didn't think they had the testicular fortitude. [bleep] you Obama! mad

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Should have let the Taliban, kill the fugger then killed the 5 terrorist ass holes that Zero let go and called it a day.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Does that mean we get the 5 BILLION $ he paid for Burgdahl?????????

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If the Army can charge Bergdahl for desertion ( not being there)...

can Congress charge Obama for Desertion also, (for not being there)... being out playing golf when we have world problems going on?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Good for the Army. Didn't think they had the testicular fortitude. Phugg you Obama! mad

I hope that the Army hangs him out to dry. He's a deserter and a coward that cost the lives of those that tried to find and rescue him.
Fugg him and the horse that Obammy gave him to ride in on!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now, how many loyal talibanis did we trade, and how much cash?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
FUBO!

Talk about a "Titanic struggle", the struggle between the traitor in chief and the armed forces is undeniable.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
this has to be one of the stupidest things obama's administration has ever done.
Either that, or it was a damn clever way to free some of his muslim brothers.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What great timing by the Army - just yesterday the White House "spokesperson" was going on about how the Obama administration does not negotiate with terrorists (referring to the Japanese hostage held by ISIS). What irony!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll believe it when I see it. JCS was full on board with the trade.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jorge, we both know there are plenty of GO's that suck up to any administration - everyone on the JCS is a political appointee at that level, however there are just as many GO's, if not more, that hold to their standards and will see that the right thing is done. If the man is a deserter then justice demands a court martial, and that will be an "up yours" to this administration (who will spin it as, "we just wanted him free from the Taliban, now he will have to live with the consequences of his actions").

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Odessa
to this administration (who will spin it as, "we just wanted him free from the Taliban, now he will have to live with the consequences of his actions").

hoping any repercussions from the 5 ne'er-do-wells they cut lose gives the administration an opportunity to live intimately with the consequences of their actions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Odessa
Jorge, we both know there are plenty of GO's that suck up to any administration - everyone on the JCS is a political appointee at that level, however there are just as many GO's, if not more, that hold to their standards and will see that the right thing is done. If the man is a deserter then justice demands a court martial, and that will be an "up yours" to this administration (who will spin it as, "we just wanted him free from the Taliban, now he will have to live with the consequences of his actions").

I sincerely hope you are right. It's just what I think, based on what I saw during my three tours in the Puzzle Palace. Most, if not all Flag/General Officers above the rank of two-star, sell their souls, or at least they've done so in the past 30 years or so.
They rolled over on every big political controversy, from women in combat, the homosexual issue, strategy for the past ten years, and now Berghdal. While I am positive the bulk of the officer corps is not this way, the decline in integrity has been an avalanche, particularly after Obama's takeover. Just from what I see, this guy deserves at least life in prison at hard labor and ideally, a firing squad. Cheers, jorgee

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Like they give a phouck?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE

hoping any repercussions from the 5 ne'er-do-wells they cut lose gives the administration an opportunity to live intimately with the consequences of their actions.

The Americans they kill will have faced the consequences of Obama's actions. He won't lose much sleep over it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What great timing by the Army - just yesterday the White House "spokesperson" was going on about how the Obama administration does not negotiate with terrorists (referring to the Japanese hostage held by ISIS). What irony!
You must understand that everything the whitehouse says is a lie, so by their statement they are confirming that they do negotiate with terrorists. In fact, they ARE terrorists themselves.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jorge, we both know there are plenty of GO's that suck up to any administration - everyone on the JCS is a political appointee at that level, however there are just as many GO's, if not more, that hold to their standards and will see that the right thing is done.
Once upon a time.....

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So... Does Obama pardon him before, or after the trial?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So... Does Obama pardon him before, or after the trial?

Probably just a dog & pony show with the outcome already decided. Bergdahl will be exonerated...NO way Obama would let this happen without a deal already agreed upon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.