P.S. He still won't get it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
As a test, I just went to an Internet retailer and bought two bricks of Rem 22LR for $53.98 shipped.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you got shagged.. How much was that on the pallets at your LGS this morning?

For a price anything can be purchased..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
try finding .375winchester brass.
or bullets, for that matter.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/winu375w.htm

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Apparently a lack of Internet search-skills is somewhere on the list of causes for the ongoing complaints.

I do know of one guy here in Montana who's still going on regular road-trips with his other retired buddies, looking for rimfire ammo on the shelves of every sporting goods store within 250-300 miles. People keep telling him about using the Internet, and he keeps saying he's going to have to try it (he regularly logs onto the Campfire), but apparently they like the road trips, which are rarely successful. Luckily the price of gas is down these days.

One thing they apparently don't do is ask if there's any rimfire ammo not on the shelves. The manager of one local store got in 50 cases of hollow-point .22 Long Rifles a couple months ago, but kept 10 of the cases in the back room, rather than putting it out where what he calls "vultures" would snarf it up. He told me this because I don't snarf up rimfire ammo when it does appear. He's saving the 10 cases for this spring, when regular customers might need some for ground squirrel shooting, especially customers with kids.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

...The manager of one local store got in 50 cases of hollow-point .22 Long Rifles a couple months ago, but kept 10 of the cases in the back room, rather than putting it out where what he calls "vultures" would snarf it up. He told me this because I don't snarf up rimfire ammo when it does appear. He's saving the 10 cases for this spring, when regular customers might need some for ground squirrel shooting, especially customers with kids.

KUDOS to that manager!!!

That's what I call customer service. Wish many others would do that.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If anyone thinks the shortage of bras is bad now, they should have seen it in the 60's- It seemed like every woman had to go trouncing down the street unfettered, some in tee shirts even, mammary glands dancing to an unseen drummer. And on a day with a cool breeze, oh man.
Oops! This is about �"brass"??? I shoulda read some of the previous posts...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Prwlr,

The major companies do tend to produce certain kinds of brass (and ammo) more during different times of year. Most summers they're busy making big game stuff in preparation for the fall seasons. In late fall, winter and early spring they often make the "seasonal runs" of stuff that's not so popular.

Last year I bought a good supply of Winchester .25-35 brass for my two firearms in that chambering, as I recall in spring. It was available for less than a month. and then it was gone again. In late fall I bought a few boxes of new Hornady .17 Hornet brass, and then after a month or so it became available again for a short period and I bought a little more.

Mule Deer,
I too shoot 25-35 and have plenty of brass but I noticed that the Brownells and Natchez web sites list the brass as "discontinued by the manufacturer" not "production suspended" like the other odd ball calibers. Did Winchester really drop it? Have you heard anything?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
No I haven't, but if they quit making it others will start--and it's also pretty easy to make out of .30-30 cases.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Beginning Dec 2012 through 2014 I used the Internet to (hoard if you will) acquire 12k of 22LR (I go through 5-8k per year). Average price was $0.06 per round. I'm still acquiring ammo when I can at good prices.

22LR can still be acquired at 6 to 7 cents per round. I agree, it takes some diligence and work, but ammo and brass can be acquired.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ed,

That's been my experience as well. In fact I picked up 1000 rounds a couple weeks ago for 5 cents apiece, including shipping, from a well-known supplier.

I should also have mentioned that anybody in dire need of .25-35 brass can even more easily make it out of .22 High Power cases, and Norma 5.6x51R (the Euro-equivalent) are available right now from at least a couple of sources.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been fortunate enough that I've been able to find most components available either online or LGS with the exception of hundgun powders. Or at least with the Alliant brand of handgun powder.

Anyone know what the scoop is regarding Alliant?

Leo

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have been a prairie dog shooter and NRA service rifle shooter
since the late 70's
Hoarding is nothing new.
I started when Bill Clinton took office.
I have yet to experience buyers remorse.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I started in the late 60's when 22's went to $1.00/box from 40cents and primers were hard to find, I haven't been without since. I would like to find some LiL Gun though-Muddy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
muddy, the local hardware store has 5 1pounders of lilgun

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (35, 257 mag, 338Rules, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 14 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,466
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.