Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
a very distinct method of 'cutting through all the BS!!

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide , and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopaedia of Geology.

Born
12 February 1946 (age 67)
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions
University of New England , University of Newcastle , University of Melbourne ,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
University of New South Wales, Macquarie University
Thesis
The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards
Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal(2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it;s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.
I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of
your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,
Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.
I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over
One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which
keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure. But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mad

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am making an effort not to let politics choose my science on this one.

Here is an opposing view for any interested in making a rational comparison based on full weight of evidence presented by both sides of the case.

http://www.climatechange.gov.au/sites/climatechange/files/documents/03_2013/prof-plimer-answers.pdf

Just to be clear, I have already stated I am fully aware of governmental ulterior motives regarding this. I have no interest in promoting that. I merely want to know the truth. Real truth as the fate of the world we give our children is involved.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am making an effort not to let politics choose my science on this one.

Here is an opposing view for any interested in making a rational comparison based on full weight of evidence presented by both sides of the case.

http://www.climatechange.gov.au/sites/climatechange/files/documents/03_2013/prof-plimer-answers.pdf

Just to be clear, I have already stated I am fully aware of governmental ulterior motives regarding this. I have no interest in promoting that. I merely want to know the truth. Real truth as the fate of the world we give our children is involved.

Pick an article, on the page provided below. They all expose how the so-called scientific data has been FUDGED by Australia, Europe, the UN, and NASA to fit the global warming agenda to procure funding to line their pockets.

http://www.google.com/webhp?client=...ists+caught+misleading+on+global+warming

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

Pick an article, on the page provided below. They all expose how the so-called scientific data has been FUDGED by Australia, Europe, the UN, and NASA to fit the global warming agenda to procure funding to line their pockets.

Did they start that right after they faked the moon landings?

There are well over 15,000 scientists across the world who are onboard with climate change being man made. Are you telling me that all 15,000 are in on the conspiracy?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RMulhern

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide , and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopaedia of Geology.

Born
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Institutions
University of New England , University of Newcastle , University of Melbourne ,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
Thesis
Notable awards

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it;s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.
I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of
your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,
Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.
I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which
keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure. But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"
If you really buy off on this, then you really haven't thought things through. Yeah what he says is probably true. But if there wasn't the man made carbon in the atmosphere, then the volcanoes would have far less effect, if any at all. This article is directly pointed at someone who already has his mind made up, and not really interested in science, but something to confirm his pre-conceived notions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

Did they start that right after they faked the moon landings?

There are well over 15,000 scientists across the world who are onboard with climate change being man made. Are you telling me that all 15,000 are in on the conspiracy?

Show me a research scientist that doesn't go for funding and produce results to generate additional funding, and I'll show you an unemployed academic.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Born
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Institutions
Alma mater
Thesis
Notable awards

If you really buy off on this, then you really haven't thought things through. Yeah what he says is probably true. But if there wasn't the man made carbon in the atmosphere, then the volcanoes would have far less effect, if any at all. This article is directly pointed at someone who already has his mind made up, and not really interested in science, but something to confirm his pre-conceived notions.

Sure there is man made stuff in the air.

But we've had climate change long before man was in the industrial age and could even start to contribute tiny amounts to an overall total.

We are not big and bad enough to do what we are consistently accused of doing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Born
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Institutions
Alma mater
Thesis
Notable awards

Sure there is man made stuff in the air.

But we've had climate change long before man was in the industrial age and could even start to contribute tiny amounts to an overall total.

We are not big and bad enough to do what we are consistently accused of doing.

Even if we are responsible for what they claim, it ain't where they are putting the blame. Open air cookstoves in the developing and undeveloped world produce as much CO2 and "black carbon" as the entire global automobile fleet.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Every year when the mexicans do their big burns we get the smoke
here in Texas. They bitch about the air quality here. Go tell
it to the fin' mexicans.

Last edited by poboy; 01/27/15.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey guys....keep track of the responses and you'll be able to tell who the 'liberal progressives' are!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even if we where causing this, which is not "decided" as Al Gore would like you to believe, how does further taxing(enslaving) people solve the issue? It's outcome based science, from what I've seen, with the sole purpose of confiscating property and controlling a huge segment of our economy. There was an article this summer that pointed out that the vast majority of all environmental groups, the ones who fund and promote the research, are anti-capitalist...that means they oppose the foundation of our country and our way of life. The damage to the world we leave our children will be far greater if we allow the government to "solve" this non-problem than if we all started heating our homes by burning old tires.

Last edited by kciH; 01/27/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The way I look at it, it is the height of man's hubris to say that he has no impact on the environment and hence weather.

On the flip side, it is the height of man's arrogance to claim that he has even the slightest inkling as to all the factors that affect the climate and how man's actions affect the climate.

There is also the greatest of ironies that without modern technology man would not have the instruments and computers to measure the climate and evaluate those measurements.

As to the "purity" of science, every scientist has an agenda. His or her research is limited in scope to either fall into line with what is politically popular to gain grant or university funding, or it is limited to what a corporation deems what is evaluated to provide a commercial profit and hence to garner R&D funding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

The way I look at it, it is the height of man's hubris to say that he has no impact on the environment and hence weather.

On the flip side, it is the height of man's arrogance to claim that he has even the slightest inkling as to all the factors that affect the climate and how man's actions affect the climate.

There is also the greatest of ironies that without modern technology man would not have the instruments and computers to measure the climate and evaluate those measurements.

As to the "purity" of science, every scientist has an agenda. His or her research is limited in scope to either fall into line with what is politically popular to gain grant or university funding, or it is limited to what a corporation deems what is evaluated to provide a commercial profit and hence to garner R&D funding.

Well said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Show me a research scientist that doesn't go for funding and produce results to generate additional funding, and I'll show you an unemployed academic.

Stop and think, that's what they do. That's why they're on the government tit, because they do the kind of research that private industry doesn't make money from, yet we still need it done.

That line of thinking from the right is just crazy. It's like saying, I don't believe in Cardiac Artery Disease...show me a cardiologist who doesn't make his money from Cardiac Artery Disease.

And you want me to believe that over 15,000 of these researchers all across the world are all "in" on the scam?

Now which is easier to believe. 15,000 scientists across the world in on a big scam.

Or

The science (despite those who have done reprehensible things) just plain points to the conclusions they make?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well that's a cute little arguement, but it flies in the face of the actual science.

Here's what I find interesting. How people on the right are very quick to accept non climate change "science". But when it's science that points to climate change, suddenly they're all a bunch of agenda driven scam artists.

That right there tells me you're not interested in science, but supporting your pre-conceived notions.

I give props to the Koch brothers. When their hired gun did his study and concluded that climate change is both real and man caused, they had the ballz to accept it and move on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kciH
Even if we where causing this, which is not "decided" as Al Gore would like you to believe, how does further taxing(enslaving) people solve the issue? It's outcome based science, from what I've seen, with the sole purpose of confiscating property and controlling a huge segment of our economy. There was an article this summer that pointed out that the vast majority of all environmental groups, the ones who fund and promote the research, are anti-capitalist...that means they oppose the foundation of our country and our way of life. The damage to the world we leave our children will be far greater if we allow the government to "solve" this non-problem than if we all started heating our homes by burning old tires.

Understand something right here and now.

Because I accept the science, does not mean I accept the politics of left!!!

I believe we're already doing a very good job of managing our carbon footprint. When we can afford to do more, I think we will do more. We can do this without bankrupting America. But I don't think the left has the answers. They would all live in huge mansions while the rest of us live in caves.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't they still use leaded gasoline in Iran?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well that's a cute little arguement, but it flies in the face of the actual science.

Here's what I find interesting. How people on the right are very quick to accept non climate change "science". But when it's science that points to climate change, suddenly they're all a bunch of agenda driven scam artists.

That right there tells me you're not interested in science, but supporting your pre-conceived notions.

I give props to the Koch brothers. When their hired gun did his study and concluded that climate change is both real and man caused, they had the ballz to accept it and move on.

If you want to talk actual science, please reference the UN's own studies that show open air cookstoves producing the same greenhouse gas issues as the combined global vehicle fleet. Also, while there's increasing regulation of vehicle emissions, nothing is being done about these cookfires. Query, too, how much methane is produced by ruminants and whether anything is being done about that - or how much methane was produced by the pre-1860 herds of bison and African plains species.

In the 1970s, the science was "clear" that we were going into a new Ice Age and we'd all freeze to death. In the 1990s, it was "clear" that the temperature was going to skyrocket due to "Global Warming" and that we were all going roast. Today? It's "clear" that neither of those were accurate and we've just defaulted to "climate change", while we're constantly overlooking certain variables and discovering new ones.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey guys....keep track of the responses and you'll be able to tell who the 'liberal progressives' are!!

Because I accept the science, doesn't mean I accept the politics of the left.

I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative, and I'm not a moderate. I have very strong opinions on most issues and rarely do they align with the Democratic or Republican parties. I think both parties are equally worthless and unqualified to lead this nation.

But people who are die hard republicans or democrats really feel they have to slap a label on someone. I think it's because they have a limited intellect...slap on a label, that's what they are, so now I can understand them.

If you feel its important to slap a label on me, be my guest...your label will be wrong, but it's all about what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,614
Posts18,454,947
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.