-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Typical Toyota traitor comments along with the anti-capitalist media's manufactured narrative trying to discredit the new F-150. But let's look a bit closer, shall we?

First, Edmunds hit the truck with a sledgehammer not once, but twice. Why?

The rear of the bedside took the impacts since it couldn�t be replaced, it would have to be repaired. To the pickup�s credit, the only reason associate editor Travis Langness hit it twice was that the first sledgehammer blow didn�t do as much damage as Edmunds wanted.

Click Here

That what you call.....

[Linked Image]

Here's a sample of that aluminum body I was shown at my local Ford dealer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now, look carefully at those images. They are NOT going to be damaged by hail, unless we're talking the baseball sized stuff. That an insurance savings.

Next up, did any of you even bother to watch the video's? No, I didn't think so, because if you had you would have learned that the $800 tail light you're blathering on about has a proximity sensor built into it that is only included in a driver awareness option package on high end models. That's why it cost so much.

Finally insurance. Oh the cost to insure the new F-150 blah blah blah. Look closer. There are three main components of your auto insurance policy, comprehensive, liability and injury. If indeed the new F-150 is more expensive to insure - and I have yet to read anything that says it will be - only the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance that covers damage you cause to your vehicle will increase. So that's 1/3 of your policy that might be affected. That's more than offset in my book with higher resale values for Ford F-150 owners when it's time to trade or sell because the vehicle doesn't have rust holes in the body panels.

Will the media keep trying to disparage the new F-150? You bet. Will they succeed? Nope. Are the Tundra and Titan about to become a distant memory? Stay tuned.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I owned an 89 Toyota that was so rusty I could have used it as a cheese grater.
once I was underneath and noticed the frame was rusty and poked my finger right through the frame.
I would like stainless steel even better than aluminum.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought they made it pretty clear on two points

1. that the guy didn't do enough damage with the sledge hammer in the first hit. I thought the goal was to show what the repair cost would be on a collision for the Ford in that particular section that wasn't bolted on. I guess they could have slammed a car into at 30mph, right?

2. Yes, the taillight had an optional sensor in it. It doesn't change that the taillight was $800 to replace because Ford sold it as a sealed unit.

I can't speak to insurance costs. Did the video discuss them?

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whelennut
I owned an 89 Toyota that was so rusty I could have used it as a cheese grater.
once I was underneath and noticed the frame was rusty and poked my finger right through the frame.
I would like stainless steel even better than aluminum.

My 86 Toyota was the same way. I sold it before the frame started rotting out. Nothing anyone can do
if a man can poke holes in a frame. Next I got a Pontiac Firebird ... very big mistake.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm still stuck on the 52K price tag for a truck that is glued together. Bet the tail light without the sensor would cost $700. And I think they are pulling your leg on the thickness, my F-150 has an aluminum hood and it is no where near that thick maybe about as thick as that quarter.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
2015 F150 tail light = $890
2014 F150 tail light = $165

Fuuuukc!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slg888

Fuuuukc!

TRAITOR!!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by slg888

Fuuuukc!

TRAITOR!!

2 years from now there will be Chinese knockoffs on ebay for $150

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll just wait and see how they do over the next couple years.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by walt501
Are the Tundra and Titan about to become a distant memory? Stay tuned.

Too fuggin' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
All of the lots I've seen in my travels have tons of '14s left, and I imagine one could score a pretty good deal on one. I had a '12 F-150 4X4 with the 5.0 V8 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I just picked a 14 for 15000 off!!!!! sticker was 48,915.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I'll eventually adjust but I can't ever see a time when I pay that kinda money for a truck.

That is serious sticker shock for me. (and I drive a King Ranch)

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
Maybe I'll eventually adjust but I can't ever see a time when I pay that kinda money for a truck.

+1 ... $50,000 for a pickup truck shocked is that aluminum or gold

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thats for a loaded XLT 4x4 Supercrew Ecoboost with leather, HIDs, 20s... You should have seen the price for a limited 56245....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 01/29/15.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by walt501

Now, look carefully at those images. They are NOT going to be damaged by hail, unless we're talking the baseball sized stuff. That an insurance savings.
Probably not.. Insurance companies are loathe to do any consumer 'savings'.. As to hail size, you may note that insurance is higher in states (such as SD) that has, on average, more often and larger hailstones than we normally experience here.. I have compared insurance rates between here and SD - and they're higher there, due to hail (sez the agent in SD). And frankly, hail damage will most likely not be as common as a simple minor crash/accident.

Next up, did any of you even bother to watch the video's? No, I didn't think so, because if you had you would have learned that the $800 tail light you're blathering on about has a proximity sensor built into it that is only included in a driver awareness option package on high end models. That's why it cost so much.
Can't speak for the others, but I did watch the videos.. And yes, that tail light assembly is for the higher-end packages.. You really think most buyers are just going to buy the stripped-down F-150?? Maybe in your area, but not even CLOSE here in these parts..

Finally insurance. Oh the cost to insure the new F-150 blah blah blah. Look closer. There are three main components of your auto insurance policy, comprehensive, liability and injury.
No - it's liability, comprehensive and collision.. Only the liability might not be affected by insurance premiums..

As soon as my agent gets back from lunch break I'm going to give her a call and ask if she has any new info on ins. rates for the new Alumaford..

(And, FWIW, I'm not knocking it at all; I've been a dedicated Ford truck man since my first new one in '73...)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hotload

laugh

The '11 I'm driving now had an MSRP of a hair under $62K..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Hotload

laugh

The '11 I'm driving now had an MSRP of a hair under $62K..

I bought a 4 bedroom home in 1999 for $77k

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Fords always seem to be way higher than GMs. Oh, the GMs are high enough, but they offer incentives and all that that seem to get them down a bit.

I know all this "Number one truck in America..." stuff. But in my area at least, if you count GMC and Chevrolet, then there are far more GMs on the road than Ford trucks.

Fords have that 60 year old man styling thing going on a lot more than GMs.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just talked to my agent. She has no info yet on what these may run compared to the '14s...probably due to the fact that these trucks literally just hit the showfloors about a month ago..

All we can do now is wait and see.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Fords always seem to be way higher than GMs. Oh, the GMs are high enough, but they offer incentives and all that that seem to get them down a bit.
It's the only way they can move those pos off the lots....

(popcorn anyone?? )

laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,129
Posts18,464,664
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.