Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do the assets go to the friend if said husband to be dies, or divorces the bride ?

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any woman who would make you lose a life long friend is the one to ditch. If she is that controlling from the start you are in for a rough ride.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Thats why I brought Deb to a Campfire hog hunt if she could tolerate you reprobates I figured shes worth letting hang around.
Hell she still talks about Doc showing her how to eat crawdads ripping the head off and just sticking it in her mouth TFF

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by isaac
Both of my ex-wives had serious problems with my bro's.
========

He has no ex-wives, doc. He's rather young, quite wealthy, in love and desiring to marry another he's been seeing for years and afraid to let her know his buddy may become the millionaire, rather than her, upon their divorce, were it to happen.

If you're charging him the "Campfire Consultation Fee", I want my commission.

wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Raeford
Do the assets go to the friend if said husband to be dies, or divorces the bride ?

--------

The soon to be husband wishes only to insure that his promise to his friend is fulfilled and that portion of his pre-marital estate isn't subject to a marital assets division his wife could make a claim to, should they divorce.

It's truly one of those promises between friends. My client is one of those unique men who chooses to honor it. But because there is nothing in writing between the friends, the wife could later say screw you both and go for it. Thus,the Pre-Nup.

I'll admit it's been a long, long time since I have been involved with a handshake promise that entailed more than a million bucks.

I thought it something our grandfathers did, not us.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So this young guy really wants to marry this gal.
This young guy has a really good friend he's has or is going to will money/property to.

Young guy needs to prepay his divorce, say 50,000 now.
Young guys needs to set up trust of all property/money.
Young guy really likes this gal, so he does need to set aside some money for this future wife in a different trust.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks, and sorry I couldn't quite grasp what you were saying.
So the guy is a stand-up type guy that wants to honor a promise to friend! That's great, now he just needs to grow a pair.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ask only because of a consultation related to a Pre-Nup I'm preparing. Soon to be wife hates husband's best friend. Husband is leaving his best friend a jealous chunk of change...and a sizable business interest in a venture,all to the exclusion imminent wife. For Pre-Nups to be valid and free of cognizable lawyer interference, full disclosure must be made.

My client is simply sorting it out. I've given my advice.

I'm now trying to validate it, that's all.

Two of my ex-wives hated my best friend... just because he was my best friend. Three of 'em liked my friends.

The two that didn't were crazy. It showed up later in other ways.

Your client needs to ditch the woman. If he is hell bent on having her, he needs to do right by his male friend in the pre-nup. And if she raises hell.... he needs to just get used to it, there will be MUCH more coming.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Bob, is future wife worth big money too?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... that tried and proven life long male friend or that piece of ass who you're falling for and who hates your friend?

From my perspective, no piece of ass, regardless of how spectacular, beats a true male friendship.

Keep trying the females, you may learn to like it.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
... that tried and proven life long male friend or that piece of ass who you're falling for and who hates your friend?

From my perspective, no piece of ass, regardless of how spectacular, beats a true male friendship.

still as big as dumbass as ever I see.......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Both of my ex-wives had serious problems with my bro's.
========

He has no ex-wives, doc. He's rather young, quite wealthy, in love and desiring to marry another he's been seeing for years and afraid to let her know his buddy may become the millionaire, rather than her, upon their divorce, were it to happen.

If you're charging him the "Campfire Consultation Fee", I want my commission.

wink

Can she sucks start a Harley?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, guy needs to do a contract on whatever the handshake was about. Do a legal binding contract making this friend part of the business right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

and you're still checking out men's ass'; whats new.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

Yes he is Keith.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK Bob, my prospective on this looks like it will differ a little from the rest of the Fire.

I have a good wife and I have long time good friends. Some of my friends are not her best buddies but she is a good woman and puts up with them just as I put up with some of her friends. It is a give and take thing that should be in every marriage relationship.

Your client is wealthy and wants to marry. The Pre-Nup that gives me pause. I do not believe a solid marriage can be formed when a Pre-Nup is involved. It shows a lack of real trust and if there is no trust then there is no bases for a solid marriage.

I am not any form of legal scholar but couldn't the business could be handled by the Corp documents stating it would go to the friend or what percentage would go the the friend in case of death of either party?

It also would seem to me that someone who loved a woman enough to want to marry would also wand to leave some of his estate to the wife at his passing. If Not a reasonable amount then again there is no foundation for marriage.

Just some of my thoughts for whatever they might be worth.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wtxj, settle down, I never said there was hope for you and keithie to like women.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Raeford
Thanks, and sorry I couldn't quite grasp what you were saying.
So the guy is a stand-up type guy that wants to honor a promise to friend! That's great, now he just needs to grow a pair.

=======

I believe he does have a pair. It's why he's paying bank to address it. I respect him for his approach. I'd like to believe I'd do the same thing.

Further, I have no idea how the woman or her attorney might respond. I only know she hates the friend and she's likely to be non-plussed when she fully realizes the full wealth of my client and that a chunk of it is going to go to the hated guy. Then again, she may say "fine, where do I sign?"

If I only knew stoners could make the money they make developing computer games, I might have paid more attention to those school classes.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wtxj, settle down, I never said there was hope for you and keithie to like women.

Let's see your the guy who goes to A&M, has the pit bull dogs and Dad is a retired Leo that lives in Dallas. Right.

Still and AH I see.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are friends and then there are friends. If the client has the maturity of Doug Hefernin and the friend has the personality of Eddie Haskell, the fiance might be right. But even then the client may prove unable to live a life at her expected level of maturity.

If the friend it a time-tested friend of the highest order, a righteous and upstanding man unlikely to lead the client into criminality, immorality, deception, excessive risk, etc. then the fiance is just sharpening her domineering position and needs to be dumped quick.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,882 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,010
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.